DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

How the fuck can they pass up Batman series? He's literally one of the most popular characters on the planet.
1Gv6sym.gif

I hope it gets picked up by someone else and becomes a huge, record-breaking hit.

How the fuck can they pass up Batman series? He's literally one of the most popular characters on the planet.
1Gv6sym.gif

I hope it gets picked up by someone else and becomes a huge, record-breaking hit.

Well Beware the Batman felt more like a contractual obligation(Air it and then sweep it under the rug like it never existed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Batman

There was hardly any merchandise push or promotion for it.

OK, that's true, but WB still aired on Cartoon Network, and I think it got a fair amount of attention when it started.

That's not what the directors said. WB took it off the servers, which are accessible remotely, so that no one has access to it. Which is to be expected considering the movie can never be released and was still a work in progress, and all work on it is supposed to have stopped. Why leave it on work servers if it's not being worked on? Whether it's completely destroyed/deleted we don't know, and no one has so far claimed that. I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted all existing copies entirely eventually but that's not what is being said now.

So far WBD has lost $5.5B in valuation trying to save $3B.

Last edited:
There are major differences between comic book movies today and western oversaturation back in the day. Or even Historical Epic over satutuation in the 2000s. That's not to say that the MCU will never end, of course it will, but the situations aren't really comparable.
Can you elaborate ? Very curious to see your rationale. I was wondering if the superhero genre was starting to fizzle and I’d be interested in hearing your pov.

And?

What's the point? Are we supposed to be outraged by this as if it's some egregious sin?
Of course we are to be outraged. WB is mishandling a precious IP so that causes a great deal of emotional reactions, including rage.

Now, do I agree with it? Nope. My life, strangely, continues on. But, the anger and outrage comes from a deeper place than logic and that is one of personal values. People who value either DC, or the characters, feel they have been wronged and that a boundary has been crossed in WB's treatment of the project. It's not logical and it's not something that I agree with but yes I see the coming outrage.

That's not what the directors said. WB took it off the servers, which are accessible remotely, so that no one has access to it. Which is to be expected considering the movie can never be released and was still a work in progress, and all work on it is supposed to have stopped. Why leave it on work servers if it's not being worked on? Whether it's completely destroyed/deleted we don't know, and no one has so far claimed that. I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted all existing copies entirely eventually but that's not what is being said now.

Well, that makes a measure of sense.

And another way to look at it -- stock price for WB-Discovery went from on $24.88 April 14 to currently $12.86 (Tuesday Aug 23 @ 12pm CST). It started on April 8 at $24.47.

Let's see howthis post ages, next week as well as when/if Flash is released or officially unreleased.

And?

What's the point? Are we supposed to be outraged by this as if it's some egregious sin?

The new, anti-DCEU narrative is that the cancellation and/or deletion of Batgirl is the ultimate crime and a loss of some potentially masterwork to send the franchise into some golden era, therefore the DCEU is "doomed" and "deserves" such a fate. Nevermind the fact none of the film's social media boosters have seen a single frame of this film....

The new, anti-DCEU narrative is that the cancellation and/or deletion of Batgirl is the ultimate crime and a loss of some potentially masterwork to send the franchise into some golden era, therefore the DCEU is "doomed" and "deserves" such a fate. Nevermind the fact none of the film's social media boosters have seen a single frame of this film....
Which is why it is the greatest, obviously. We have no evidence to the contrary ;)

Back