News Coronavirus Pandemic Information and Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EmoBorg, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. Another example would be a vegan working as a butcher and scoffing at the idea of handling meat when asked to do it. One would naturally ask, well... why the hell did you become a butcher then?

You would expect the question or issue would eventually come up. In the case of the medical field, I'd consider this an emergent development, and if a widespread disease occurs, you shouldn't have to think twice about it, you'd just do it because it's part of the job. I could understand being against childhood vaccines, but I would think an endemic or pandemic would make vaccination categorically a step up from those. It baffles me that so many nurses are against being vaccinated in a time like this.

Qonundrum and Commander Troi like this.
  2. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Got my booster on Friday. Went to bed about 9pm Friday evening and slept 24 hours, waking up 9pm Saturday evening. I only got up two-three times to go to the bathroom. I was utterly exhausted; but the odd thing was there was no other side effects. Stayed up til about 4am this morning, went back to bed, woke up at a little after seven and I'm fine.

3. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fuck if that thing will knock me out for 24 hours straight I'll take it once a week.

After 15 years or so I might start to balance out my sleep debt.

4. think

think About it! Premium Member

Commander Troi likes this.
  5. wayoung

Yeah apparently they suspect it might be rats breading new variants

6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Sorry, the article doesn't mention anything about a "protomolecule"? I'm not sure what you mean?

think likes this.
  7. wayoung

He's making a reference to a sci fi franchise called The Expanse

think and Avro Arrow like this.
  8. Avro Arrow

Ah, thank you. My bad. :lol:

think likes this.
  9. wayoung

Freedumb Convoy Patridiots at the dollar store & then the grocery store today. Arguing loudly (interspersed with coughs) about how wearing masks is a violation of their rights. Eventually agreed to a compromise, they wore bandanas:rolleyes:

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

As you have indicated that you have not seen The Expanse, I am legally obligated to try and get you to watch it. It just recently had its series finale on Amazon Prime after six seasons, and I've got to tell you, Avro, it's the bee's knees. And though that may sound sarcastic because I said "it's the bee's knees" like my Grandma, it is not, it's genuinely an awesome skiffy show and I think you would like it.

Commander Troi, Avro Arrow and think like this.
  11. think

think About it! Premium Member

I have just finished season 3 and I am getting ready to delve into what seems to be the second half of the whole thing? this started airing like back in 2018 so it is fresh but it was big back then too!! --- just intense sci fi,.. it took me 3 episodes before I started marathon watching -- yeah so great -- I didn't even know it was happening till a few months ago -- just before the finale --

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Welcome to the fold, brother.

Commander Troi and think like this.
  13. wayoung

Fingers crossed in 3 years there s still enough interest to bring it back to finish the story

Commander Troi and think like this.
  14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

You mean the right to not frequent places which require patrons to wear a mask?

15. Owain Taggart

No, it's much deeper than that. We currently have a large-scale protest going on in Canada with tons of trucks blocking much of the city of Ottawa from working normally, all of which are acting entitled and want all mandates removed. It's been ongoing for 10+ days now. And if that's not enough, they're also blocking the border preventing the real truckers from doing their jobs to deliver supplies across the border. The U.S is now calling it a national security concern, not only because of the border issues, but because one is also heading to the superbowl.

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm aware of the protests in Ottawa, yes many of us are tired of mandates around the pandemic but that doesn't mean we don't understand the need for them and want to get back to pre-pandemic normals as soon as possible which is why we follow the mandates in the hope they get us back their sooner. Unfortunately a minority don't see it that way.

Commander Troi and Avro Arrow like this.
  17. Owain Taggart

^ Yep, agreed. And it's unfortunate that the minority feels the need to disrupt anything and act like bullies with large trucks. The protesters have basically made themselves at home on the city streets and have worn out their welcome, not that they were all that welcome in the first place. Any sense of message has been lost due to their attitudes.

18. Avro Arrow

One time people around the world are aware of what's going on in our country, and it's for this. :sigh:

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Tis the way of the world, "bad" news tends to circulate far faster than good news. But there have been similar attempts at protests in Paris over the last day or so by trucker there. From what I heard they plan to move on to Brussels.

I'm sure the residents whos lives they are impacting the most 100% support them. ;)

Commander Troi and Avro Arrow like this.
  20. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral