News Coronavirus Pandemic Information and Support Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EmoBorg, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

My sister is a bit that way. "No vaccines for me" yet is a heavy smoker and coughs a lot but nah vaccines and covid are not bad.

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Ah, so my lungs are likely in poor shape due to smoking, but I'll take a risk by not receiving a vaccine that protects against a disease that impacts that organ. Makes perfect sense to me. ;)

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally got both of my vaccines. Took forever in the UK to get them. I’m amazed how quick America did it. People of my age group got both of them months ago

comsol, cooleddie74 and Gary Mitchell like this.
  4. Gingerbread Demon

It's pretty much that kind of thing..... She's officially a Karen now.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The UK is actually ahead of the US in terms of vaccinations per 100 persons. Differences as to when people got theris could be down to how the vaccine was rolled out in each country. I'm sure one of the Americans can say how the US roll out was done. In the UK it was largely down by clinical vunrability and age oldest to youngest.

6. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just in case:

No "embassy" or "consulate" or the like established by the Florida state government that I can see. But I am mildly surprised to report that Enterprise Florida Inc. has offices in Toronto and Montréal, but not in Edmonton or Calgary.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    When we actually put effort into doing the right thing we can do it faster than most. It's even more impressive considering we were just coming out of the Trump Presidency and somehow cobbled together enough common sense to make a great show of it.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Of course correlation does not equal cause, but considering that he was on his way out might have contributed to the rollout success in the USA.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  9. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Talking with a coworker this morning whose brother in law works for the state of Washington. Take this with a grain of salt, but they've been told to expect an announcement from the Governor in the next few days the reimposition of mask mandates, capacity limits on business and the six foot rule in certain counties with high infection rates.

10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I don’t know why the colonies are so fussy about masks. They aren’t that annoying

oberth likes this.
  11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Because we're spoiled crybabies and most of us wouldn't know actual tyranny if it bit us on the ass.

oberth, Gingerbread Demon and comsol like this.
  12. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Many Tasmanians are a little pissed off. We have had our first case of Covid this year. A man was able to board a plane in Sydney (despite the Sydney lockdown)and fly to Melbourne and then board a plane in Melbourne to fly to Tasmania. As soon as he arrived in Tasmania it was found he did not have a proper pass to get into Tasmania he was sent to a quarantine hotel and was tested. Before he got the test results (which were positive) he decided to fly back to Sydney. So now all the people on those flights will have to isolate. At least it is mandatory to wear masks in airports so hopefully he might not have affected anyone.

13. Gingerbread Demon

Fingers crossed he hasn't

14. nedski

nedski Commander Red Shirt

One of my colleagues took the Janssen (one dose only) shot, I believe it is made in cooperation with Moderna.... and after 3 days his wife started to complain he wasn't performing his "male duties" as he used to... :cool:
    Now he's taking into consideration to sue the company since his wife wants to file for divorce :hugegrin:
    And now I remember those words from "Men of Honor" where De Niro was warning Cuba Gooding Jr. :
    "You know what the Chinese say cookie ? Beware what you wish for ! "
    :D

15. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I call B.S.

Show your Facefücked™ source please. I ain't holding my breath. You cain't even spell Johnson & Johnson correctly.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Cool story bro. Nice fan fiction

17. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

^^^ even if it was true how shallow is the wife if she is threatening divorce after only a few days of him not performing?

I posted this in the other forum but I thought I would post it here as well -

I just looked at a couple of videos on YouTube in which Americans criticise the lockdowns that Australia is having and the restrictions that have been put on people here.

I think the figures speak for themselves. The USA has a population 13x that of Australia but has had 677x as many deaths. The US rate is 1897 deaths per million, Australia’s rate is 36 per million.

Gryffindorian and oberth like this.
  18. Worf factor9

I enjoy dark humor, but that one by @nedski hit too close to the bone. I know/knew people who have died of it, sounds like an anti-vaxxer troll to me unless I am proven wrong.

Your "up" next @nedski

19. Worf factor9

Almost any--check that, every-- idiot can post bullshit on Youtube.

Unless most wise up we are headed for a rerun of the old Vincent Price movie.

20. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

actually that vaccine was developed in a belgian subsidiary of j&j named janssen. this is possibly the reason for the mix-up but i don't buy the story either

edit to add:
    this story has all the ingredients of a not too well informed conspiracy theorist making up stuff as moderna has zilch to do with the j&j vaccine (the technology behind their vaccine and j&j's is totally different)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021