Chuck - The Series Finale

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 27, 2012.

1. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

I also liked the finale quite a bit. Basically, I agree with everything Sheep wrote.

I don't think I'm gonna miss the show much, though. There are a bunch of other shows currently on the air that I enjoy much more than I've enjoyed the last two seasons of Chuck, so I'm mostly glad that it's over and that they managed to go out on something of a high note.

2. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Angel series finale was better than this. It had the emotional impact of the show ending, that these were the last times we were spending with the characters we knew and love, and ended on one hell of a high note. The Chuck series finale didn't have any of that. It had more of a feel of a season finale. That was the problem.

I wish the show had ended with either the Season 3 finale, the mid-Season 4 finale "Push Mix", or the Season 4 finale that featured Chuck and Sarah's wedding but without the post-wedding scenes. Back at those points, the show had more of a direction unlike this season in which it seemed to be bouncing from one direction to another without settling on one firmly.

3. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with you that Angel's finale was better than Chuck's, but still thought Chuck's was good too. According to the interview linked to above, they cut a ton of footage to get it down to the ~40 minutes of actual show so I'm hoping those cut bits restored help with the closure aspect. As it is, I was just happy to see a show that was always teetering on the verge of cancellation get a good ending at all (not unlike Angel, again).

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I was thinking about buying the complete series on DVD once the show was over but with that ending I think I'm gonna pass on them. My favorite aspect of the show was the Chuck/Sarah relationship and this finale sort of ripped that away. It left me with a maybe she'll remember and they'll stay together ending to it* and it just leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth. If I want that I'll drink a diet soda.

* It's just too open ended for me.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The S4 finale with the post-wedding scenes is the right way to do "open-ended" - did anyone really want to see Morgan with the intersect? I sure didn't. But as a joke of the "we'll let you imagine what happens next" type, it would have been perfect.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Even though I enjoyed most of this season I wish it had ended with season 4. The season 4 finale was a fitting series finale even with Morgan getting the Intersect. Maybe I'll just get season one through four on DVD and skip season 5...pretend it didn't happen a la Earth Final Conflict's 5th season.

7. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That can work.

8. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Fantastic finale. Villain was a bit bland but I was more interested once he made the stakes personal last week.

I'll miss Buy-Moria.

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not the greatest season, but I didn't think it was 'show-taintingly bad'. The worst part by far was the crummy villain. He was just some fat dude without an interesting personality who just kind of showed up. I was expecting a real villain to appear and one never did...

I liked the finale. Jeffster getting the Metallica: S&M treatement, :lol:

10. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

I think if they had kept Shaw until the finale few episodes instead of giving him one episode at Christmas it would have been a major improvement.

11. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

It was, funny enough my DVR skipped it as well.

Smart DVR's :D

12. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that would have been better. Just have Shaw get his intersect wiped and have the whole thing be a quest for him to get the new version back.

13. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I quite enjoyed the finale. It wrapped everything up nicely. It had a lot of humor and it was a good recap of the last five years. The ending with Chuck and Sarah was bittersweet but it also showed that she could still fall in love with him all over again.

My favorite moment was when Chuck wakes up and Morgan's smiling face is in bed next to him.

14. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved the finale and thought that on the whole, season 5 was a major improvement over the largely lackluster season 4, and is probably my third favorite after seasons 2 and 3.

Best Jeffster performance ever, that's for sure.

15. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I enjoyed the finale and thought that it showed a few sparks of the early days. We did watch the pilot before the last two episodes and I'm glad we did, as I don't know that I would have picked up on the subtle (or even the overt) nods to it. It was even nice to see the pilot title card used again. I also give the creators kudos for not pressing the obvious reset button, instead leaving it up to the fans to decide what ultimately happened. Plus, of course leaving the door open for these characters to return some day (however unlikely that may be).