CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by jespah, May 10, 2018.

?

Do you enjoy pie?

1. Yes, sweet, please

79 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. Yes, savory, please

42 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. Yes, any kind

78 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. No, I'm a heathen

36 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedForman

RedForman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The lawyers from CBS-P will have a *field day* with this grifter once the hammer comes down.

Admiral2 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  2. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

I've watched that trailer twice, and now it really makes me want to watch Axanar. (No, not really. I can't back that up.). Apollo footage, with a shot of the Ares being chased by I think a D-7, and then a shot of the bridge crew staring into something. I think it was too short, and the Apollo footage did not tie into the Four Years War at all. I give it a 4, thumbs down, it made me want to close my browser, and I won't be watching it anymore.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I think those were supposed to be precursors of the D7 (D6's?), as a big part of the Axanar story is the development of the D7 to fight ships like the Ares and go toe-to-toe with the up-and-coming Constitutions. They've shown footage of their D7's and they're definitely different than the ones chasing the Ares.

4. mthompson1701

Latest donor email is the trailer is out, and send us more money. That's about it.

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Money must not be coming in at a rate Peters likes as I seem to get a new Axanar e-mail asking for donations and claiming his new platform "Works just like Kickstarter" (You know Kickstarter, the platform he's forbidden from using per the Settlement).

[Funny thing is: I got fully refunded and berated in public on the KS thread - as well as in private via a direct e-mail exchange with Mr. Peters that I did document on the original Axanar Lawsuit Thread when it happened; but it seems Mr. Peters never took my name off his distribution list after telling me what a lying hater I was and that I'd never hear from him again as I was now "Blocked". :shrug::guffaw:]

jespah, Csalem, Admiral2 and 2 others like this.
  6. GeorgeKirk

GeorgeKirk Commodore Commodore

In that same vein another email went out this morning that said, in part:

Sounds like Lord Crowdfund is getting a bit desperate.

Admiral2 and dmac like this.
  7. Noname Given

:guffaw:Yep - Hell, I thought he was saying NONE of the Crowdfunding raised went to anything WRT the lawsuit and he got all his legal representation pro bono; and even claimed he won because he got them to settle...

Yet now said lawsuit (and somehow the settlement as well) bankrupted "Axanar? :shrug::wtf:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They also used audio from a space events in the first teaser for the first Kelvinverse movie. This reminded me of that more than the Enterprise opening.

GeorgeKirk likes this.
  9. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Are you sure? That looks like John Kelley to me (New Voyages first McCoy). Also i thought that the friendliness between Alec and Vic ended when the big fracas between Vic and James happened and that Vic's association with Farragut and the birth of Continues happened after that.

10. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    You know it does look a bit like John more than Chuck, now you point that out. Not sure it looks like Larry Nemecek from the first episode or so.

Chuck of course was McCoy in two of the three vignettes Continues produced, as well as the later episodes.

11. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LFIM is like waking up to discover Kenneth Copeland is you new neighbor on the left and T.D Jakes is moving in on the right.

Admiral2 and RedForman like this.
  12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea who either of those people are.

13. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I meant NV. I get the details of those two confused.

14. dmac

dmac Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, yes. First CBS has no problems with them and they have had multiple letters. Now, CBS doesn't want it to be made.

Wow...that's pretty epic goal post moving.

137th Gebirg and RedForman like this.
  16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

AP’s spinning so hard it’s a wonder his limbs don’t fly off.

I’m surprised the settlement didn’t include a clause that the parties were not to disparage each other.

137th Gebirg and RedForman like this.
  17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alec claims it did, so imagine what he'd be saying if there wasn't one:guffaw:

18. mthompson1701

Another email today asking for donations by PayPal this time in addition to Ares Digital (or whatever it's called now), and that CBS took all the money during the lawsuit. No, Alec claimed that all the legal work for the lawsuit was done pro bono. He's not willing to admit that he spent all the money on the California studio that he abandoned in the move to Georgia. Axanar already has enough of my money, and nothing to show for it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    wtriker1701 and SITZKRIEG! like this.
  19. Noname Given

And another e-mail from Axanar this morning announcing that you can now use Pay Pal to donate. :rolleyes:
    (He's sure going out of his way to make sure the Axanar faithful can publicly donate in private, eh? ;))

The well must have really dried up, or perhaps he took a loan from someone with Mob ties and they want their money; or he got a big Sushi bill from Door Dash/Grub Hub, et. al.:rommie:

Admiral2 likes this.
  20. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore