CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar 2 - Electric Boogaloo-Fanboys gone WILD-too many hyphens

Do you enjoy pie?

• Yes, sweet, please

Votes: 79 41.6%
  • Yes, savory, please

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • Yes, any kind

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • No, I'm a heathen

Votes: 36 18.9%

• Total voters

jespah

Taller than a Hobbit
Oops, I missed 1701. I had a long, long day at work.

But there's a successor because ... reasons.

And pie. Always pie.
csupload_38211261.jpg

FYI Link to old thread for nostalgia's sake: https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/cbs-paramount-sues-to-stop-axanar.278077/

The Axanar Project was fans’ last, best hope for snark. A self-contained thread 1703 pages long located in the TrekBBS. A place of memes and discussions for a quarter of a thousand haters and lurkers. A shining beacon in cyberspace, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the Third Age of The Guidelines...the year Axanar Lite was thirty days away from shooting. This is the story of the last of the Axanar Fundraisers. The year is 2018. The name of the thread is Axanar 2.

I had to laugh over the whining in the other thread over how the guidelines kill creativity. The funniest running gag in Monty Python and the Holy Grail was the guys clapping coconut hulls together instead of riding horses. I saw an interview where John Cleese explained that they came up with the gag because they didn't have enough of a budget to rent real horses.

I had to laugh over the whining in the other thread over how the guidelines kill creativity. The funniest running gag in Monty Python and the Holy Grail was the guys clapping coconut hulls together instead of riding horses. I saw an interview where John Cleese explained that they came up with the gag because they didn't have enough of a budget to rent real horses.

It’s a great gag!

And the entitlement was running rampant in the other thread.

The Axanar Project was fans’ last, best hope for snark. A self-contained thread 1703 pages long located in the TrekBBS. A place of memes and discussions for a quarter of a thousand haters and lurkers. A shining beacon in cyberspace, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the Third Age of The Guidelines...the year Axanar Lite was thirty days away from shooting. This is the story of the last of the Axanar Fundraisers. The year is 2018. The name of the thread is Axanar 2.
You win the TrekBBS for today.
And

144103.jpg

I said creators create instead of complaining for pages and pages.
And I said that I didn't see how generating pages upon pages of content couldn't be creative, which you agreed with. (Note that your message is actually longer than the message you replied to.)
You do understand the "pages and pages" of complaining I'm talking about is here, right?
Seeing as you've made page after page of replies to me, I don't see how this could be anything other the hypocrisy. You're guilty of just as much "complaining" as I am, if not more.
Creators create, complainers complain.
...Complains @Professor Zoom. Do you not understand how hypocrisy works?
Sigh. I'll make it as simple as I can. Writers in the Eastern Bloc countries had to write under real constraints... if they wanted to write powerful meaningful work they had to be careful or they would be sent to jail, along with the other political prisoners. Writers like Vaclav Havel wrote political material at the threat of their own lives. They were creative with incredibly high stakes: their lives and the freedom of their people.

You are complaining about not having enough creative freedom because the rightful IP holder is saying you can only make two 15 minute family friendly films and only raise up to 50K on public forums.
I'm not sure you're aware of this, but being brutally tortured to death should not be the threshold we should have to cross before we have the right to disagree with something. I shouldn't have to wait for the threat of a war crime before I have the right to offer criticism, nor does what I criticize even need to be a technical violation of the law. Free speech could not exist in the first place under such circumstances.

As for the point of bringing up such extreme restrictions in the first place, I was pointing out that there are, in fact, situations where restrictions can demonstrably result in less creativity. Though I feel my point is still valid, I concede that it's a bit "Godwin's Law", so touche in that regard.
I like how NOT making a movie is some how a political statement.
Who said I wasn't making a movie? I'm just not making a STAR TREK movie. Or are you going to argue that it's creatively more challenging to write a short fan film instead of a feature-length pilot where you set up your own universe?
It must be a relief to stand on that moral high ground rather than find a way to make a Star Trek fan film and put yourself out there.
If you really cared about how I spent my creative energies, you wouldn't waste my time with tiresome messages like this. And how is refusing to violate the legal copyrights of CBS NOT the "moral high ground"? Explain that one to me.

Back