Captain Robert April

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by MarsWeeps, May 7, 2022.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

If they do Captain April, they must take all the red off the sets and paint the bridge rail black. An homage. ;)

JRob94 and GNDN18 like this.
  2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay, how about the Ben Finney/USS Republic incident with the Atomic Matter Pile? :shrug::angel:

3. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Maybe they will make a Pike prequel one day? I wouldn’t waste the opportunity for a Robert April appearance on a flash back episode. It would be too much of a Menagerie rehash. Would April be able to carry a whole 5 year mission based series or was his command cut short?

MarsWeeps likes this.
  4. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They seem to have implied that April did carry an entire five-year mission tour. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been wearing admiral's stripes in 2259.

Wondering what his relationships with the rest of the admiralty - Cornwell, Terrel, etc. - were like.

Timofnine likes this.
  5. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to say I like the relationship between Pike & April. A kind of friendly cameradery with a superior. Like Adm Forest & Archer, or JJPike & JJKirk. Very different from the "usual" Admirals on Star Trek and very human, makes Starfleet feel more like an actual organisation with real people in it.

somebuddyX likes this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely a new timeline then.

:shifty:;)

McCoy's Disco Collar likes this.
  7. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    My guess is that Admiral April is the one that actually came up with the "Five Year Mission" directive.

JRob94 likes this.
  8. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be a carryover from the novels.

Ronald Held likes this.
  9. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    ... because They've never done that before?

10. Spectre Of The Fun

Spectre Of The Fun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They should consider Karole Selmon the actress that played Yareena in TNG's Code Of Honor. She deserves a chance at a better Star Trek part in some better Star Trek episodes.

DEWLine likes this.
  11. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe just keep Sarah April as white and to show more interracial relationship in Trek. Maybe grab Natascha McElhone from Paramount's other sci fi show Halo to play her.

Mr. Laser Beam and shapeshifter like this.
  12. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure we will get a few 1 or 2 minute flashbacks of April on a younger 1701.
    Maybe not a whole episode though. But something to set up a mission that he may have started and Pike will further investigate....I'm hoping we get more Of Adrian Holmes in the show but hes on Bel Air as well so I'm thinking he wont be much of presence sadly....at least this season.

13. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Holmes is 48/49 Selmon has to be at least in her early 60's. I'm not sure producers would want to pair up such an age difference. Not that there is anything wrong with people of different ages being married. Lol

14. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Hollywood reporter released an interview with Adrian Holmes today about playing April on SNW. There’s a great bit about being welcomed to the franchise by LeVar Burton.

Looking forward to his next appearance!

15. SimiOne

SimiOne Lieutenant Red Shirt

...alongside Trip and T'Pol , so his pointless death was never real and just part of a stupid holo-novel !

16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It wasn't a novel, it was a historical program.

17. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I would 100% love that. I was thinking the exact same thing. Actually, I was thinking a mini series or maybe 20 years from now they want to do another Star Trek show and do April.
    In the Early Voyages comics April is a bit of a hardass. I like the optimistic April from Final Frontier more.

*Peers at King Daniel with binoculars*

I agree.

As King Daniel said, a lot of the 2009 film was influenced by the novels. We almost had the TOS Enterprise show up in the 2009 movie instead of the Kelvin and that would have had George as the first officer. I wonder if they would have gone ahead and put April in there too as Captain if it had been the Enterprise.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is only an IMDB rumor and has never had any indication of being true at all.

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

While it wasn't the Enterprise, we almost had a TOS Connie show up in Into Darkness, it can be seen in a deleted scene set in Marcus's office
    [​IMG]

There's also concept art for the USS Iowa (original name of the Kelvin) in TOS style.
    [​IMG]

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Specifically, a giant model of one hanging from the ceiling of Admiral Marcus's office.