Captain Marvel (2019)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Skywalker, Jul 24, 2016.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he was great in Weeds.
    As for who he might be playing, I don't really understand why they're being so mysterious about whether or not Mar-Vell is in the movie. I know he has his fans, but I don't see where him being in the movie, or not, would be that big of a deal.

2. crookeddy

crookeddy Commodore Commodore

People are talking about it, and when people talk about a movie, that's free marketing.

3. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Well for one thing his presence may set certain expectations from fans as to his role and how the film will play out. If this is Marvel's Green Lantern type story, then Mar-Vell is their Abin Sur and all which that implies. If however (as I suspect) they're going a different route with Carol's story then they might not want to tip their hand too early. Mystery is a good thing after all! Some of my most enjoyable movie experiences are when I went in blind.

As for this actor specifically: perhaps this is a "Spider-Man in Civil War" type of thing. Where he's playing a fairly minor role in the story, but the character himself is kind of a big deal and they don't want to ruin the surprise.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess that does make a certain amount of sense.