Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danny99, Jun 19, 2017.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I hope they don't vote Manchild just because they're angry Paul played better than them. Those are the worst juries.

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Agreed.

On a lighter note, I've had the impression for awhile that Kevin has a bit of a crush on Julie Chen. I was almost expecting him to try to hug or kiss her in his exit interview.

3. Timewalker

O-kay... the Friday night episode was a clip show, remembering some of the more outrageous antics or fights people had, as well as some stuff not previously shown.

Cody's daughter's name is "Paisley"? WTF? Hopefully his ex named the kid, otherwise Jessica may find herself with children named Plaid, Stripes, Polka-Dot, and Argyle.

Paul's musings about Kevin's mob-boss behavior was funny. It put me in mind of Sonny Corinthos, the lead mob character on General Hospital, and now I'm having some very weird ideas of a General Hospital/Big Brother crossover fanfic. :lol:

It's good to see that they all got eye protection for the final HoH. It's about time.

4. Timewalker

DAMMITALL!!! :scream:

JOSH won?! That damn overgrown crybaby who would have been voted out in the first month if Paul hadn't saved him?

What an absolutely bitter, immature jury. Cameron called it perfectly: Other than Paul, nobody else took the game seriously this time.

And for some insane reason, Cody was just voted "America's Favorite" ... and he acknowledged that it doesn't make sense. I guess people thought it was funny how he just stared at people with those cold, dead eyes and brushed his teeth at them.

And I am so glad I will never have to look at either clown-Raven or harpy-Elena or psychopath-Cody or bitch-Jessica ever again.

Yep, bitter jury voted with their hurt widdle feelings, and not for who played the best game.

5. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Yeah, on Reddit and tvfanforums everyone talks about how awful Paul is and how great Cody was, and I honestly don't even understand that mentality at all. Paul played a nearly flawless game this season. This is the second season in a row (not counting BBOTT where I just generally didn't like the cast) where I am in great disagreement with the winner. Maybe I should just sit next season out because I am clearly not in tune with the show's audience.

6. Timewalker

It's not the whole audience you're not in tune with. Nobody here liked Cody; I think we're all basically in agreement here that he's a psychopath. He and Jessica truly deserve each other, since she's as vile as he is, in her own selfish way.

Josh totally did not deserve that win. You're right; Paul's game was nearly flawless, and Elena's whining about "jury management" shows how stupid she is to not understand that considering the composition of the jury is another critical part of the game.

7. JirinPanthosa

Yeah, this was one of the worst casts ever and Josh's victory makes the season a total loss for me.

Why is Cody popular anyway? Yeah, he was good at competitions, but he had a horrible game otherwise and all he did was bully people and make things unpleasant.

This season wasn't as bad as the racism season but almost as bad, and at least the deserving player won that year.

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't like Cody at all, but I can tell you why other fans do. Purely because he was not one of Paul's "minions," as they like to say. They kept saying in the jury round table how everyone in the house was fooled by Paul, "except for Cody." That's why Cody won favorite houseguest. Also, Jessica was on the outside whipping up Twitter to vote for him.

It seemed to me that what pushed a lot of people towards supporting Cody and hating Paul was the week where Paul "orchestrated bullying tactics" against Cody and Jessica - the week Jessica went home. Even though in no way do I feel sorry for Cody or Jessica, it's true that that week Paul was literally directing people to provoke them, to the point of telling people what to yell in their faces to piss them off the most ("question Cody's military service, yell about his daughter"). That was about the point that I stopped liking Paul so much as well, though he did still play the better game.

That week really turned the tide and possibly lost Paul the game. Cody and Jessica were already on the outs and one of them was assured to go home that week. It really wasn't necessary to continue to badger them and at that point Paul should have just let things be. But as I said, I never felt sorry for Cody and Jessica because they used the same tactics in previous weeks. Some fans liked to conveniently forget that.

I don't mind Josh winning. He had good answers to the jury questions at the end; some of the jurors looked impressed by the thoughtfulness. And in the end he did outplay Paul in an important way - those goodbye messages. Paul seemed genuinely shocked and upset that Josh outed him in those messages, like it didn't even occur to him that while he was lying through his teeth in his messages, someone else would be using them to their advantage as well. He simply underestimated Josh.

It's also funny to see Josh win over Paul because Paul treated him like a personal assistant all season long. He was always telling Josh to shut up, fetch him some water, do this for him, go away while the grown-ups are talking, etc. He looked down on Josh and all season long many fans would lament at why Josh let Paul treat him that way. Well, now we know that it was actually a part of his strategy to "let your business partner think they have the control." Well done Josh.

This was definitely not my favorite season, not even close. Probably one of my least favorites. On to better casts next year, hopefully!

9. Timewalker

Oh, so he had his girlfriend campaigning for him? Did she do it on her own, or did they discuss it - that if one of them was turfed before jury, they'd do this?

Makes me think they should sequester ALL of them until the finale, whether they make jury or not. Let the pre-jury people have lesser accommodations, of course - not so fancy - but still unable to unfairly influence the game like that.

I thought Jessica was the only one who knew Cody had a daughter. Did he tell other people, or did she?

Remember, not everyone was able to watch the live feeds, so we didn't know anything that wasn't shown on the regular TV broadcasts.

Okay, I'll concede that Josh used the goodbye messages in a strategic way that Paul never considered.

All that said... I don't think Josh deserved the win. It's easy for Josh to claim that he took what the others dished out to him, but he honestly came across as a mommy's-widdle-crybaby the entire season. To me he seemed like an overgrown, temperamental child, and he should concede that if Paul hadn't protected him, he'd have been evicted early on.

10. JirinPanthosa

Ok, it is true that Cody was the only one who even fought against Paul. But Josh didn't do anything proactive the whole game, he just followed the right people. He's like the Rat in that parable. Took a ride on the fastest runner then jumped off right at the finish line. I can't think of one move he made that was his idea. This feels like when Natalie won over Russell in Survivor.

I don't think it was the Cody stuff that lost Paul the game, I think it was how he cut ties with Alex and Jason. If he had just cut Kevin and Raven loose before them they wouldn't have taken the hit so hard.

11. Timewalker

Yep, Alex was horrendously bitter. Not quite as bitter as Elena the Harpy-With-The-Clown-Lipstick, but pretty bad.

12. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Cody won America's Favorite Player because all of the BB Twitter bloggers had their followers vote for him as some kind of fuck you to CBS and Paul for a horrible season. So the transphobic psychopath won it when someone like Jason or Kevin, who seem like they could have legitimately used the money, got screwed by a bunch of people who hated that people followed Paul all game and then rounded up their own followers to get their way.

13. Timewalker

It's hardly Paul's fault that some of the other people were crybabies, boring, harpies, liars, religious whackos, psychos, and just plain nuts.

It's also not Paul's fault that he was able to manipulate those people so easily. They could all have said "No, do your own dirty work" at any time.

It seems to me that of all of the people who were not Paul, Cameron, Christmas, and Ramses were the only really sane people.

14. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Cody told Kevin, and then Kevin told a couple of other people, including Paul.

I would have liked to see how Cameron played, and how Ramses would have done if he stayed longer.

15. JirinPanthosa

To be fair, Paul was the best player this season, but he overplayed his hand toward the end. He made things overly dramatic and betrayed his allies in a way that made them madder than they had to be. Same mistakes the Robs and the Russells of Survivor made time and again.

16. Timewalker

Ah, Kevin the Blabbermouth.

Cameron reminds me a bit of Cochrane, from Survivor... the quiet guy who everyone underestimates, until he suddenly starts showing them just how mistaken they were - and still manages to win, because he's not an obnoxious jerk.

Of course this is just a first-impressions impression; Cameron could very well be an obnoxious jerk, but didn't get to stick around long enough to reveal it.

17. JirinPanthosa

Cameron has the logical intelligence of Cochrane but from what we briefly saw of him, he did not have the social skills to build positive relationships with everyone.