Spoilers Batwoman season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I think Alice is complicated. I also think that for some reason she wants to find the real Ivy and Mary is the only way to do so.

Other than that... probably a bit from each of your POVs.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alice remains the best thing about this show. Skarsten basically stole the show right from her first appearance. So glad they kept her.

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Maybe Alice's reason is to get Montoya off her back, since seeking Ivy is what's really driving Montoya in all of this.

4. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I think that's likely.

5. Christopher

Although I think that Alice's sisterly bonding with Mary is genuine. She feels her biological sister failed her, and now she sees her adoptive sister feeling maltreated and abandoned too, and I think she really sees this as a second chance to have the family she had stolen from her.

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think its unlikely; it would be piss-poor motivation for any of Alice's actions. She's no longer able to be tracked--the nanobots are out of her system, so she's free to disappear anywhere on the four corners of the earth, and no city cop is going to search for her, or has the authority to do so. Alice can be "in the winds" if she desired, but this series' "writers" are forcing a "sister" plot based on issues that were settled (for Alice) in season two's finale.

7. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

So are the C.C. Jitters and G.C. Jitters coffee shops under the same corporate ownership? I'm assuming all the locations near a certain city use that city's name but Jitters is the overall corporation.

8. Christopher

That's what I would assume, except for the oddity of the reference to "a GC Jitters outside of Metropolis." Maybe Metropolis doesn't have its own Jitters franchise, but has something else instead. (Noonan's? Bibbo's?)

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mc Donalds might sue.

"MC Jitters"

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Metro Jitters

11. Christopher

My point is that the episode's mention of a GC Jitters just outside of Metropolis seems to rule out the existence of a Metro Jitters.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or maybe there's already a DJ called MC Jitters.

13. Nerys Myk

Are Metropolis and Gotham close in the Arrowverse?

14. Nerys Myk

Is there an NC Jitters?

15. Christopher

Not according to Cisco's map of Earth-Prime, which puts Metropolis in its traditional DCU location around Delaware, but puts Gotham in place of Chicago. But that's a long way for Alice and Mary to drive in one night, so it seems that Batwoman is going with the traditional assumption that Metropolis and Gotham are neighboring cities. (Or maybe they meant Metropolis, Illinois, although that's at the opposite end of the state from Chicago.)

Apparently not, though there is an SC Jitters in Star City. National City has been established as having the National City Beanery and the Home Roasted Coffee Shack. https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Coffee_shops

16. Nerys Myk

IT Jitters would be a good name for a coffee place in Ivy Town, what with the tech connection. ;)

Commander Troi and Caretaker like this.
  17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Roundabout

Roundabout Commander Red Shirt

It is remarkable how the show has transformed from being the Kane family saga to the Wilder/Jet family drama. I have to say that the writers have done a fairly good job of transitioning from what the series started out to be to what it is now.

I'm glad the writers found a way to make Alice relevant and keep the character around.

Alice may be a psychopath, but I love watching her batshit craziness. And Alice has, for the most part, provided decent comic relief this season. It appears that she has found a new partner in crime, Mary/Ivy. I am curious to see how that plays out, but it does look like fun times ahead.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

First look at Bridget Regan as Poison Ivy

[​IMG]

Kai "the spy" and Commander Troi like this.
  20. Christopher

Zowie! She looks the part. I like the costume, the woody, leafy colors and decorations. It's quite elegant.