Avengers Infinity War (and beyond) anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh boy, there was plenty of questionable decisions in that crossover, for sure. I get swapping actors out because of fatigue (filming one episode of one show is hard enough already, nevermind 3 shows), but the backhanded explanations were often hard to swallow. "So-and-so supporting character decided to head home." You mean so and so who loves to battle? C'mon now.

There's no real similarity there but Old Mixer created the situation, for the sake of making a humorous scenario. Nothing more than a mere setup. No need to seriously compare/contrast.

What other franchise other than Marvel had a huge live-action superhero crossover with two dozen plus characters across multiple properties? The CW DC shows. That's the closest frame of reference we have. That's all the setup we need.

2. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't Hawkeye literally bench everyone in Ultron to deal with their specific angsts? :p

urbandefault likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I get it now, I thought you were saying the Infinity War was just going to be a rip off of Invasion, and we were going to get all the same plot points.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

What? No Falcon?

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't even notice that he isn't on the list until your post. Looking through the list on IGN I see now that War Machine isn't there either.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

First BTS video.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    NCC1701 and Skywalker like this.
  7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

And I believe Thor basically said "Nah" and flew off anyway. :lol:

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Good stuff.

Was it just me or did RDJ have the look of "settle down, kid" while Tom Holland was understandably nerdraging?

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That video was pretty cool. It will be interesting to see where they take things in IF and after.

10. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Why are Don Cheadle and Anthony Mackie missing from the cast?

11. Turtletrekker

There is another little goodie from RDJ available at the link.

The article is actually about the featurette posted earlier, but below the video of the featurette, there is a 5 minute Q&A with RDJ that he posted to his Facebook page. The voice of the guy asking the questions should sound familiar...

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

War Machine I could maybe pass as not been in it as he was injured in Civil War so he has to sit this one out, but might seem odd if Anthony Mackie/Falcon isn't gonna be in it.

Is there any word on Chadwick Boseman/Black Panther or Paul Rudd/Ant Man either?

Esp seen as Cap rescued Wanda, Falcon and Ant-Man from the Raft at the end of the Civil War, if Wanda is in this but the other two aren't. I guess they could just wave it off with some comment, and maybe they'll be in the second movie... but bah I want everyone in this :D

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The list was updated after my post to include Benecio Del Toro so it is apparenly up to date.
    I noticed in the video Tom Holland was using his American accent rather than his normal British accent. I wonder if that was just to make him more recognizable as Spider-Man for the joke, or if he's another actor who always uses his American accent on set?
    Looks like he was also doing some motion capture of his face somewhere along the line.

14. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like his normal accent with a slight American touch, to me.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe, it just seemed to me like it was a lot thicker in the other start of production video.

16. LJones41

Both Boseman and Rudd are in the movie. But there is still no sign of Mackie or Cheadle in the list of cast members.

Wouldn't the events of the Civil War and the Infinity War be two years apart . . . long enough for War Machine to recover? After all, he had started to make an effort to walk by the end of "Civil War".

17. Skywalker

Not necessarily. The MCU generally progresses in real time but that's not always the case. Iron Man 2 was set six months after Iron Man but released two years later. The events of Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor all generally coincided with each other even though all three movies released in different years. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is set two or three months after its predecessor, even though they're being released three years apart.

18. LJones41

And the explanation for Mackie's non-appearance?

19. Skywalker

How the hell are any of us supposed to know? Relax and wait and see.

20. Turtletrekker

It hasn't been announced yet?