Arrow - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Right? Ragman was a great character and Rory was always welcome. I get why he left, character wise, but always wished he came back.

"My way is scarier" was laugh out loud funny.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yep, Hal and Barry were shown as best buds before Ollie horned in. Clark and Bruce. Ray and Carter. Barry and Hal. Those were DC's Silver Age bromances.

3. Ssosmcin

I was also a little disappointed that Diggle didn't do the opening narration in Oliver's place. "After 5 years in hell, Oliver came back with only one goal...to save his city. In the end, he saved the universe." Or something.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

He kind of did the equivalent in his eulogy speech, which included the "He had to become someone/something else" line.

By the way, I was just watching Young Justice: Outsiders, which heavily features Black Lightning, and their version of BL's wife Lynn Stewart mentioned in passing that her brother is a Green Lantern -- undoubtedly John Stewart. Now, I checked the DC Database and that doesn't seem to be the case in the comics. But it'd be an interesting way to establish a stronger tie between Black Lightning and the rest of the Arrowverse if they followed suit with Lynn and Diggle being stepsiblings or something. It'd be a nice excuse to get Diggle -- or Ernie Hudson as his stepdad -- to appear on BL.

5. Ssosmcin

Since Dig is my favorite Arrow character, I'd be happy to see him come back as GL or just good ol' John Diggle.

6. Christopher

You know, Diggle's had kind of an unusual evolution, in that he was initially a fully original character created for the show, yet now he's essentially been retconned into a pre-existing comics character (even though a comics version of Diggle was introduced in The New 52). Has that ever happened before? I mean, I think it's safe to say that "Skye" on Agents of SHIELD was always intended to be Daisy Johnson, that we were just supposed to think she was an original character so the revelation would be a surprise. This is a case where the creators actually changed their intentions and turned a fan theory into series canon.

Ssosmcin likes this.
  7. Ssosmcin

Was this the first time we saw outside Diggle's house? I was amused by how nondescript it was. I mean, it was like my house out here in the suburbs. I expected someone who ran an organization like A.R.G.U.S. to have something more...I dunno...upscale.

8. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's Oliver's universe, we just live in it. (Hey, that would make a great meme.)

Turtletrekker likes this.
  9. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Other than the Queen Mansion pretty much everyone has lived in an apartment Diggle's is the first house we've seen. Not sure if there have been any scenes that have shown whether they lived in a house or apartment.

Depending if they had a Mrs Kravitz type for neighbour, a house might be more suited to Lyla and John's comings and goings.

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was under the impression that the Diggle as Green Lantern tv show was already a lock for HBO Max? Am I missing something. To me I got to say I am more into that idea even maybe more than the Superman show. I think you can gets tons of humor and even have a sense of awe by the fact the Diggle is such a grounded character and is not exactly someone who is completely comfortable with things like Aliens and superpowers. I mean he use to vomit anytime Flash took him with him on a run.

Jason

11. Christopher

There is a Green Lantern show in development for HBO Max, but nothing has been announced about who will appear in it. And since it's on a different network, I doubt it would be in the Arrowverse. All the online chatter about Diggle being in it is just wishful thinking, not actual news.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought they said it would.include one veteran and one newbie....

So depending on the time frame, John could be the newbie.

13. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

If David Ramsay were to star in the HBO Max Green Lantern series, it wouldn't be as Earth Prime Diggle - regardless of what the Arrow finale set up - because the series will most likely take place on Earth-12 (the 2011 film footage shown in CoIE P5 was pretty clearly just a 'placeholder').

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

John Stewart Diggle is just a fulfillment of a popular fan theory that's existed since like episode five. I don't think it's meant to be more than that.

Maybe he'll have a few guest appearances on Lois and Clark 2. But I doubt it.

15. Christopher

Except that fan theories tend to have a way of becoming text in the Arrowverse. Like the 1990 The Flash being an alternate Earth (which was my fan theory for years). Or the possibility of the Arrow multiverse encompassing non-Arrowverse shows and films. The creators are huge fans themselves, after all. They give the fans what we want because they want it too.

Plus, if David Ramsey is still willing to be part of the franchise, they'd be fools not to find a way to keep him around.

16. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely. They should even come up with a way to change his last name when he moves to Metropolis.

He has two possibilities--be a GL on Superman's show, or be a GL on the GL show. I am not sure which is better, though maybe the latter, as I would think his training would be a story arc.

17. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could see TPTB using the Superman show to do a backdoor pilot for GL. I immediately thought of that when Diggle says that he is moving to Metropolis. What a coincidence! They could easily do an episode where John Diggle's GL teams up with Superman on something. And if it works well, launching a GL series.

18. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So in the comic are The Green Lantern and Superman close friends or anything? I assume we might see Martian Manhunter on the Superman show as well doing more crossovers.

Jason

19. Christopher

Except they're already doing a GL series that's probably elsewhere in the multiverse.

My thinking is, all the CW superhero shows are team shows. Every solo title hero eventually accumulates a team of partner heroes (though Batwoman's too early in her run to have done so yet). So even Superman is bound to have such a team, and I'm thinking maybe DigGLe (hey, that kinda works) could conceivably fill that role.

Superman and various GLs have been Justice League teammates in many incarnations of the team. They've probably had a number of other team-ups over the decades, as they both tend to be involved with cosmic storylines.

Of course, the Arrowverse has never hesitated to establish relationships that have no basis in the comics; for instance, Felicity Smoak in the comics was a member of Firestorm's supporting cast rather than having any connection to Green Arrow, and GA never teamed up with Wild Dog or Ragman as far as I know.

20. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it was more of an Easter Egg to the Arrowverse fans - IE yes, for the now "Earth Prime" reality Diggle just became the GL for that 'Universe'. The Berlanti Green Lantern series being worked on for HBO Max will be in a completely separate "GL Earth" reality (IE Yes, Berlanti is creating and producing it, but like the DC Streaming Service "Teen Titans" series - it's not connected to the "Earth Prime" Arrowverse.)