Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

"Proactive" is usually a recipe for fail and lame.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that Isabel had died. I don't need to watch the actress struggle to act "evil." It's embarrassing.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

She needs to learn how to do a nice evil sneer.

4. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Isnt that her normal face?

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

She's good at spacey, not quite there characters.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We arlready know Isabel's fate, thanks to some (I think leaked) photos that hit the net a few weeks back. (Spoilers for unaired episodes).
    Cisco and Caitlin's appearance is a set up for their roles on The Flash. It was announced a while back that Danielle Panabaker's Caitlin Snow and Carlos Valdes' Cisco Ramon would be on the series. I'm not sure if they're regulars or just recurring.
    I did like their appearance, it was a nice little bit of set up for Flash, withoutit being blatant and distracting.
    As for the episode itself, I really enjoyed it. Lots of very interesting developments. I honestly didn't expect it to be Roy hooked up to the machine, that was one twist that I did not see coming.
    I did like Lance's bit about not caring who Arrow is. That does make him seem a little less oblivious.
    I wonder if Laurel will ever tell Oliver she knows he's The Arrow?
    I do agree we're starting to get a bit of character rehabilitation for her following her downward spiral.

7. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

8. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Felicity had another great line as she walked away from Barry's friends after learning his "girlfriend" was visiting Barry regularly.

"Barry, IN A COMA, has already moved on." :rofl:

Poor kid.

Do you think Laurel KNOWS Sara is the BC?

I had assumed she did after that conversation during the hostage crisis in the District Attorney's office, but she obviously didn't know through most of this ep.

I wonder if she's doing to BC what her dad is doing to GA... refusing to connect that last dot. :vulcan:

Plausible deniability can be a beautiful thing. ;)

9. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

That shot of her walking in and seeing Sara's scars, and immediately flashing to Ollie's (Who she now knows) pretty much solidifies that she worked it out. As I said before, it why I think Laurel isn't going hell for leather on Ollie's secret. She's realised it saved her sister too.

10. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice episode. I really liked Det. Lance and Laurel's scene. It really helped to reinforce that he wasn't an idiot, which he would have been if he hadn't figured out Arrow's identity.

11. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Do you think she also realized... gee... no wonder these two vigilantes keep saving my bacon. One is my sister and one is my former lover.

Both of whom I've accused of keeping secrets from me and/or not caring for me/ or bringing danger to me and my family. :alienblush:

One of whom I actively tried to entrap in a police sting. :eek:

Yup... Thanksgiving dinner is going to be really interesting this year. :guffaw:

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I heard something honest recently somewhere "That woman is so stupid that she is actually becoming less attractive to me."

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

So I guess Susanna Thompson is off the show now?

In this case, Ollie was right.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well um wow did not see that coming at all. In what otherwise was just an average episode we get that ending. Slade is one evil bastard and yet another reason that Malcolm will not be a happy camper when he returns.

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Given Moira's willingness to sacrifice herself, I thought that Slade would then decide to kill Thea instead to inflict maximum suffering. And given that he killed one of them, I'm guessing that Malcolm isn't bankrolling the guy after all?

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, I knew Ollie would have to make a choice. Otherwise, I was wrong. My guess was Laurel and Sarah since they were the two people he loved. I also thought he'd succeed. Really, he's had five years to think of how to deal with this exact problem (OK, I know he thought Slade was dead for most of it, but he's had at least a couple months). Then again, the number of people who are allowed to know is pretty small. I wonder what's going to happen with either Laurel or Sarah (I think one can know, but both?).

Yeah, that was my fear. I was holding my breath. I didn't want Slade to succeed at all, but I was somewhat relieved that it wasn't the other one. Thematically, this made sense (mother does everything to protect children). With "Slade's an asshole, it could have been the other way around."

I never got the impression he was at all. That being said, Malcolm could bankroll him without knowing his full plans.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I guess Moira will live on in flashbacks now.

The "one more that has to die" is probably Sarah.

I think Slade is independently financing this and not connected to Merlin at all.

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Whoa. I did not see that coming. :eek:

At least if Moira had to go out, she went out well. That episode had the best moments her character ever had. I really have to hand it to the showrunners. They are not afraid to kill off major characters, yet they have so far done it in ways that dramatically make sense.

Even though he must be defeated at the end of the season, I really hope that Slade can stick around in some form or another. He's far too cool a villain to kill off, and Manu Bennet is so much fun to watch.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

For the story, Oliver has to not kill him. Slade has to be weak and vulnerable and Oliver has to let him live. Now he might not have an opportunity to let him live, but, if he wants to not be the killer he once was, he has to spare his life if he can.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They did introduce a new Queen this week.