Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Couldn't have been smaller than that hellfire missile that allegedly was powerful enough to take out the entire mansion...

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Why wouldn't it have been smaller? My whole point was it was smaller. It's a bomb that fits inside someone's head without impairing their ability to function healthily (and is only designed to kill them, not take out a building). A hellfire missile is big. That's almost certainly going to cause a bigger explosion.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

And you'd think they'd have brief Shrapnel on the whole head-bomb thing... he didn't seem too aware...

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You do know how difficult it is to destroy a biological weapon completely?

(Obviously some are weaker than others.)

But there needs an incredible degree of heat to burn consistently for at least 5 minutes over the complete strike area AFTER it has burrowed 10 feet under ground through a house, and smashed an incubation vault that is especially made to make sure that nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

Mind you this was in a foreign nations embassy on a complete different foreign nations soil.

This may have been a CIA mission, or some group to that effect, because it was necessary, but America did not have a legal leg to stand on when taking responsibility for saving the world this week.

They weren't even sure where in the world the biothreat was going to be used, but they risked starting WWIII to deal to it, when it could have just as easily been used against America's enemies after it was sold.

This is the sort of shit I expect from an 80s episode of McGyver or Intelligence.

The nature of Arrow is theat the hero has to be the hero and the hero is more of a hero if they buck the oppressive and evil system claiming to be good, so Amanda got bucked.

5. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

just saying it's a clandestine lab for whatever would be enough - they've been enough news reports of drug labs going kaboom over the years to give some credence to the story.

6. Mister Fandango

I was mostly being facetious because that hellfire missile was ridiculously stupidly insanely small. And if they considered *that* big enough to destroy the entire mansion, including subbasements and reinforced labs, then a tiny little cortex bomb should have taken out that whole stupid room easy.

And considering the plume of smoke flowing off of Shrapnel's remains when Waller detonated his, it was easily the same size as that puny missile's explosion.

7. Alidar Jarok

Fair enough. I was sincerely asking about the head bomb explosion because I couldn't remember the answer. Although was the smoke from the bomb in his head or the resulting crash of the car?

8. Guy Gardener

I suppose they can't alter the payload yield without altering the payload weight (Indiana Jones swapping a bag of sand for that idol.) which would screw with the telemetry if the missile control computer is using the missiles original specifications...

This wasn't a country estate, th building was in the middle of a city surrounded by metric tons of human collateral tragedy.

9. Mister Fandango

Cars have a tendency not to instantly explode into a giant ball of fire when crashed, especially at moderate city speeds.

10. Alidar Jarok

Well, we're talking tv/movie logic here, not the real world. Horse and buggies explode when they crash.

11. Mister Fandango

In that case, the tiny amount of explosives in their head could easily destroy an entire room. C4 is super awesome in TV/MovieLand.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think it's cute that Shrapnel became his namesake.

13. Guy Gardener

It couldn't be more perfect if his name was Red Mist.

14. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What was this Harley Quinn cameo I keep reading about? How did I miss it?

15. Guy Gardener

We didn't see her.

It was just a high pitched squeal like Cindi Lauper exclaiming that she's a trained therapist.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was only her voice and the back of her head. The scene lasted less than 5 seconds, so it was easy to miss. Here you go.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TlFWngRe8[/yt]

17. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I surrender my nerd card for not realizing who that was.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Didn't notice the first time she appeared, but Lyla Michaels/Harbinger's names are from a DC character.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just looked her up on the DC wiki and apparently this is another case of them just using the name and completely changing everything else. Unless they plan on bringing in The Monitor and introducing the concept of the multiverse which, while not impossible, seems very her unlikely at this point.
    Lyla Michaels in the comics.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  20. Guy Gardener

Your link is broken.

She's been in 5 episodes?

Time flies.

Her connection to the New Guardians and Amazons attack is also interesting that will probably never play out.