Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

We need a "You might be an Old-Timer if..." thread. :D

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a time where I thought Enterpriser seemed like a nice guy. Then I found out what was going on and felt guilty. Gosh those were crazy days back then.

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Under a different user name? His profile shows that RatBoy's last visit was on September 11th, 2011.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^nah. I think i must have gone into a thread where one of his old posts was still a "new post" for me. Either a bumped thread or one i had never gone into. I dont always check the post dates :)

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Off topic here Gary, but I just wanted to say I like your new avatar. Riker seems like he either needs to go to the bathroom or get laid.

Or both.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Now that's some TNG fanfic I do not want to read.

7. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey Randy, thanks for the nod! :D

Heh, the look I was going for was Frakes being off cue on the "shake yourself for turbulence" effect, rocking about while everybody else is sitting still. But yeah... from self pleasuring to butt scratching, the suggestions are starting to make me feel bad for Frakes. I'll have to change it out soon. ;)

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

9. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn. So what grade are you when you remember when T'Bonz was a n00b?

10. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

f'ing old...:techman:

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm not touching that one with a ten-foot troll.

12. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Silence, Old Man! :lol:

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't know they had TBBS on parchment. :devil:

14. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I've been a member of this board for more than 40% of my life.

15. Azlynn

Azlynn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's nice coming back and seeing some names I actually remember!

16. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Old timer of the first order, both here and in the real world.

17. Pthalo BlueMoon

Pthalo BlueMoon Commodore Commodore

The only thing I remember about you is that photo!:guffaw:

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Hey, I remember you! :beer:

19. Evil Robert

Evil Robert Admiral Admiral

Hello bathl sweetie, nice to see you around again :-)

It is 0100 hours and I can't sleep, so y'all are in for a treat - me!

I won't rehash over old 'Where Are They Now' territory, but you can certainly read it here, here and here

So what have I been doing with this nasty case of real life?

I'm still majorly involved with playing rugby and just came back from my third international tour. Though before anybody thinks I'm the next Quade Cooper, Adam Ashley-Cooper or Scott Higginbotham, rest assured I'm strictly low level amateur and it has all been either self funded or team fundraised through old fashion elbow grease activities like raffles et cetera.

My other obsession now is trying to learn German, though Truthfully at the moment I'm only six months in and still pretty shitty, but its a long road, getting from there to here!

Can i say what an tough mistress that language is turning out to be. Dative cases are evil I tell you! It doesn't help that my German speaking friends in Melbourne are all Swiss-German speakers. I love Switzerland but their German is so... Bizarre lol

In fact it was for a Berlin team (that I'm really good mates with) with whom I played with, this last tour, in a competition in Bristol. Yes rugby exists in Germany! And Berlin is such an amazing and wonderful city. I'd so love to move there.

So yeah, rugby and Germany. My two big obsessions at the moment as any of my Facebook peeps would confirm. So enough about them as I can chew your ear off for hours on those subjects.

I came here as I actually started wondering about a few old timers recently, which I guess is why I read, and am now posting in this thread. I actually had the pleasure of meeting (finally after 11 years!) AdAstra during my recent EuroTrip, staying in his guest bedroom for two days in Antwerp!

I occasional read the Doctor Who fora (forii?) here, but my days of talking about tv shows are long over, and other then Doctor Who my TV viewing is non existent other then a mild obsession with 'Say Yes To The Dress' and 'Four Weddings' (yeah... I know)

Anyway... There are a few, very select members/ex-members of this board on my personal Facebook and I'm really not one to add any old person (sorry guys). I prefer to know you in real life first. But at least with those few I do know what they're up too et cetera.

It is just everybody else!!! Lol

But there was a time this board was a big part of my life and I do have a huge soft spot for it. And I guess that makes me think of those posters that where a big part of that.

People I do wonder about...

Callisto and DatJongetje my two big partners in crime at one stage. Oh the mischief we had!

And when talking about mischief, one cannot help segue into mentioning Kass, everybodies favourite naughty redhead!

castek - I know he was classed as a troll, but he was a sweet kid with some truly awful family shit happening at the time, and i guess this was just his way of letting things out. Plus we where both from Brisbane. Or the other Brisbanite jazamul lol

Talking about trolls, did we ever figure out the deal behind Enterpriser? Are we allowed to talk about it now? Lol

Or even mods Barcode and susannah. I didn't know them really that well, but because they where such huge personalities on the board when I first arrived - they are forever associated with the place for me.

And going really old school... cheshirecat_7 - I remember she moved from Toronto to Melbourne after finding love on the boards with another poster (I think). And I'm pretty sure they originally hitched up together in the neighbouring suburb to the one I currently live in! Of course that was 11 years ago...

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I think it is fair to say, that this board isn't as busy as it was back in the mid noughties.