CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old May 26 2009, 03:41 AM   #76
Neopeius
Admiral

Re: The 'oldies' of TrekBBS reunite...

I'm a Johnny Come Lately having only been here 7.5 years. Came for the TOS, stayed for the TNZ, now mostly back in TOS.

http://galacticjourney.org/
Old May 26 2009, 04:04 AM   #77
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

I'm part of the Voyager finale influx of spring 2001. Jammer & Jim Wright led me here through their devious linkages in their reviews. Took a bit of a break when TerranBBS was at its height - liked the smallerness of the board and got to do reviews and stuff. Anyone hear from Wraith anymore?

Anyway, I've always been fringe-oldie - knew all the names, but wasn't really part of "the crowd." Still, love the nostalgia threads; all the old familiar names...

Speaking of - Morn the Lorian, JeffK...
Old May 26 2009, 09:38 AM   #78
Hunter X
Rear Admiral

CaptainWacky wrote: View Post
Hunter X wrote: View Post
Now all we need is a bar thread...
We really don't.

(Why is there a "Cardie" smiley that looks like Frankenstein, by the way? SALEEL MAJEED would not approve.)
Or a Fireside Chat.

Or a new CaptainWacky Rates the Mods thread. Now with a list of how each VIOLATED CANON! (Because it's trendy)
Old May 26 2009, 10:21 AM   #79
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile

HighteeHeller wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post

Miss it?

I'm using it right now.

Same here. First few hours it hurt my eyes, but after I got used to it I kept it, and haven't looked back since.
Why would you want to get used to it! Good god, my eyes are killing me after only a minute!
Nostalgia, obviously. Besides, my eyes hurt when I go back to the grey now.

Was it you oldies that brought the board down? Or was it just me having problems getting here this morning?
Old May 26 2009, 10:21 AM   #80
Akiraprise

I've been here over five years now. Feels like forever, but I see I'm just a noob compared to some of the fossils around here.

I've been modding the infamous VOY forum since March of 06.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Old May 26 2009, 11:51 AM   #81
Santaman
Rear Admiral

I'm a Pirate not a fossil.. I've been pillaging and plundering the TrekBBS waters since 25-07-2001..
Old May 26 2009, 01:14 PM   #82
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Santaman wrote: View Post
I'm a Pirate not a fossil.. I've been pillaging and plundering the TrekBBS waters since 25-07-2001..
2001? You're a n00b.
Old May 26 2009, 01:38 PM   #83
MetalPants
Rear Admiral

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
I'm part of the Voyager finale influx of spring 2001. Jammer & Jim Wright led me here through their devious linkages in their reviews. Took a bit of a break when TerranBBS was at its height - liked the smallerness of the board and got to do reviews and stuff. Anyone hear from Wraith anymore?

Anyway, I've always been fringe-oldie - knew all the names, but wasn't really part of "the crowd." Still, love the nostalgia threads; all the old familiar names...

Speaking of - Morn the Lorian, JeffK...
I don't remember when I first joined here under a different name... Probably in early '02. Yeah, Jan. of '02. Found my way over to Terran, and have only fairly recent returned here. I miss T'Bonz's fireside chats. Seeing all these names brins back memories. Did T'Bonz's daughter ever post here or was that just over at Terran?
Old May 26 2009, 02:19 PM   #84
aussie_voy_fan
Rear Admiral

Rob Hal - God love ya !!! I've missed your sense of humour these last few years !!! So good to see you here... what are you doing with yourself these days??

The person formerly known as Tusock (I'm sorry, I've already forgotten your new name) - Were you like REALLY young back in the day.. like 13 or something?? Or am I confusing you with someone else?? I definately remember a Tusock !!

maxi - Yay for you showing up too !!! Now we need to get Amy back here too... and Josh !! If I remember correctly, we were trying to defeat Rob Hal's World Order

To everybody else who has replied... I say a big hello to you all !! My memory is shocking these days (personally I blame the lingering effects of 'baby-brain'), so I can't remember who said what. It's great to see everybody here... and hopefully we'll see a few more old faces pop back in.

(I think I will have to change the skin so that it is blue... it's just not the same TrekBBS when it's grey)
Old May 26 2009, 03:53 PM   #85
Evil Robert
Admiral

Feb 2002 for me.

Though I did register around November 2001 under another username - 'Boobies of Borg' in case anybody remembers. Naturally I got annoyed with that name early on and reregistered (on the sly since those where the days where even the hint that you had an old (even disused name) would get both banned. Hell I was scared of Lisa and Susannah.

I came in on the wave of wanting Voyager final season spoilers and registered about 6 months after finding the sight.

Basically my interest in all things Trek ended, I dunno... soon after, but I stayed around... and became staff... Lisa was nice - if distant. Christian though was a really nice guy and a pleasure to talk too. Pity he seemed to be married to ICQ. Like most others ICQ was abandoned years ago in favour of MSN. (If you do have MSN these days Christian - feel free to add me!)

Thank Goodness Trek Lit was pretty self regulating and pleasant (other then James Dixon - he was my Professor Moriarty, MellowYellow & One-Eyebrow Baby rolled into one!) Well otherwise I was glad I had a good bunch there - because frankly I hated actually being bad cop. Not to mention reading the threads to begin with! (haha)

Frankly I couldn't even remember a smigeon of things relating to any show other then Voyager these days. Still remember Voyager and it will always have a small place in my heart. I have not seen the new movie and will unlikely too anytime soon (in fact I actually choose to see 'Ghosts of Ex-Girlfriends Past' when I had the choice the other week. Not as terrible as many people make out. If you havn't seen it, it is an enjoyable, if forgettable popcorn flick. And Jennifer Garner is strangely appealing.

As for what I have been doing since I last posted... 3 years ago? I am back in Australia now (left Utah). Working in Melbourne, it is okay but hopefully will soon escape. Working in a standard 9-5 job but enjoying it and earning alot of money (can't complain about that!), plus I am starting to get involved again in my try passion - politics, advocacy work, non-profit organisations. Took a rather long hiatus after coming back from the states.

I hardly watch any TV these days. Other the 'LOST' & 'The L Word', I havn't even downloaded anything in months either. Might get around to the 3rd season of '30 Rock' sooner or later. I love Tina Fey. Even my obsession of Reality TV has wained (I havn't even watched this current season of 'Survivor' or 'The Amazing Race').

Damn this real life, having an active social, work, community and sex life really does limit ones geekdom. Well maybe one day I'll take the time out to watch the spin off to 'The L Word' I hear is in the pipeline.

As to the rest... I cannot believe I am almost 30! I was bloody 22 when I first came on here!

I joined the twit brigade if you wanna follow - http://www.twitter.com/robbz (/end shameless whoring).

Of course in my day I remember the BORU 05:31 thread (lord that anniversary just past - HOLY SPAM!). That was the big stand out thread. I loved Katie's From the Ranks. Hell I remember one sad day I set out (and achieved) about 250 posts so I'd just appear in it (I upgrade to Commodore or something). Oh the days of shameless post counting whoring. I finished second at least twice I recall but neither first. Dr Phlox beat me once and I (think) EMH the other time.

I loved Katie & Jethro competition threads - I pissed myself laughing at half the things that where written (90% being the brilliance of CaptainWacky).

I did make some really good internet buddies on here - Hunt, Blackdog & Emh to name a few - hopefully we can meet someday. I actually did make one really really good friend (thus real-lifer) off somebody I meet here. Frank (aka FXSJ) lasted I think 500 posts, disapeared in one of the purges, so I don't think anybody remembers him - though he did a few noted first season Enterprise reviews.

Also had the pleasure of meeting a number of fellow bbsers in real life - Mallory, AdamJ, SJ, Kipron, Jean Provaire, Aussie, Captian Obvious (or was it Captain Sensible? cannot remmeber), UtopianPlanitian, Captain Nick, Thendor of Andor (??) and I think a few others (still waiting for you ElimParra!). Also a former Ent mod, Lady Conqueror? All lovely people.
Old May 26 2009, 04:10 PM   #86
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni

aussie_voy_fan wrote: View Post
The person formerly known as Tusock (I'm sorry, I've already forgotten your new name) - Were you like REALLY young back in the day.. like 13 or something?? Or am I confusing you with someone else?? I definately remember a Tusock !!
Indeed I was - I was 12 when I joined and became a moderator! I'm 22 now. I still think I hold the record for youngest moderator.

Oh my god I'm 22 now. Heh, the BBS was definitely a part of my early adolescent development; I even met a few people in real life.
Old May 26 2009, 04:59 PM   #87
Guartho
Rear Admiral

This thread has made me realize for the first time that I've been here more than 5 years.

I'm actually closer to 6 than I am to 5. Oh the shame...

(AKA "Mr. Donkey Kong King" for no apparent reason)
Old May 26 2009, 06:06 PM   #88
RevDMV
Rear Admiral

I joined in Sept 1999, pretty much stuck to the TOS forum. My first son was born in early 2000 and then started a business so had little time to post. I was a captain for a little over five years.

Post a little more often now, but still mostly a lurker...
Old May 26 2009, 06:17 PM   #89
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Evil Robert wrote: View Post
Feb 2002 for me.
HEY!!!!

It's great to see you around.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old May 26 2009, 06:40 PM   #90
AdAstra
Rear Admiral

Evil Robert wrote: View Post
Also had the pleasure of meeting a number of fellow bbsers in real life - Mallory, AdamJ, SJ, Kipron, Jean Provaire, Aussie, Captian Obvious (or was it Captain Sensible? cannot remmeber), UtopianPlanitian, Captain Nick, Thendor of Andor (??) and I think a few others (still waiting for you ElimParra!). Also a former Ent mod, Lady Conqueror? All lovely people.
As long as you add me some time in the future, I'll be happy :-)
Closed Thread