All good things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dea, I totally agree with you about the direction this board is going. I left several moths ago over the reluctance of the admins - obviously not you - to clean this place up.

I later returned, although these days I post little and don't lurk much either. I only really contribute when something I feel strongly about is going on.

The board needs an IP tracking and banning system - simple as that. I also recommend radically overhauling TNZ or closing it down altogether. However, as you said, I realise that none of this will actually ever be done...

I am disappointed in Christian. While I don't know the details of your disagreements, the fact that so many clearly agree with you demonstrates that the writing is on the wall for this board - people have lost confidence in it altogether. I just wish Christian would get tough and clean the place up... or close it down. The way things are, it's going down the pan anyway.

In conclusion... we're gonna miss you around here. You did in essence run the board, at least publicly to an even greater extent that any of the other admins.

Would have liked Christian to have said something though...

------------------
The Buffy BBS

[This message has been edited by DS9er (edited October 08, 2001).]

It is indeed a sad day for the BBS.

This man has done more for this board than most of us put together. We're all gutted that things built up to this much of a head.

But his contribution to this board remains. It will never, ever be doubted or forgotten.

SonuvaSith!

A suggestion for the Admin....Arm yourselves with lightsabres! And a Y-Wing bomber wing...

Thanks for all your hard work DEA. I've always respected your ability to be both an Admin and an active member of this board. Hope to continue seeing you around the board.

This is a damn shame but I really hope DEA stays round as a regular member.

You're free now! Enjoy it!

Hope you stick around DEA, the BBS has lost too many good characters already – can’t very well have another one leaving us in the lurch.
smile.gif

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

DEA, I'm so sad to see you step down. Don't be a stranger around here, okay?

Look at the bright side, now that you're not "in charge" anymore, you can speak a lot more freely if you like.

blinky.gif

------------------
Black, blacker, blackest
And cold beyond all frozen things
Where is between when there is naught
To life but fragile dragon wings?

[This message has been edited by Sakrysta (edited October 08, 2001).]

I'm going to get all the ex-admins and mods together for a little something. We've got nearly enough now.
grin.gif

WOW! I'm really sorry to hear things got to this point DEA. You're one of the reasons I've stuck around this place. Don't go wandering off now, 'ya hear!

------------------
Random Insult of the Day:
"People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect but you are doing all right."

Come join us on the Trek Talk BBS

Dang. I'm sorry to hear that it's gotten that bad that you stepped down
frown.gif
. Please keep posting, there's still nice people out here on the board, really
frown.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
This is very bad news, but I hope you continue to post, both here and at the Slipstream. I for one really like your sense of humor, and find that it's greatly needed sometimes. Good luck in whatever you deside to do though.
smile.gif

OK, who had 'DEA resigns so he is reinstated at his post count rank' in the First Vice Admiral pool?

Seriously, I'm sorry to see you go, DEA. You've obviously poured your heart and soul into this board - much of what it is is directly related to your efforts. Of that, you can be proud.

I agree with you in principle. Quite frankly I would have never accepted your position, because of the enormous frustrations inherent in taking responsibility for a forum in this type of media.

I think you right now are likely seeing only the ways you wished you could make this a better place, and dealing with the hindrances and consternation caused with you inability to see your vision achieved - a better board for everyone.

I hope you take a moment to remember all that you did achieve, and how much everyone here appreciates what you have done for them.

Good luck - hope we see your face from time to time.

[double post]

[This message has been edited by StarMan (edited October 09, 2001).]

Well this is the end of an era for sure.

You have always been a prominent member of this board, one I've always considered part of its foundation. Though that might be affected by being here for only a year, still...you've done a lot, and we thank you for it.

As many of the administrators have gotten to know (or perhaps they didn't realize), I'm not a big fan of change. Perhaps only joking about it when things happen, such as the changing of the ranks for the Mods/Admins, or you moving to General Disc. This is the biggest change by far, but knowing what I do about you, its reasoning is probably a change for the better.

I hope you do continue to stick around, it's hard enough to lose Mods/Admins. I know if you didn't, this place would definitely be different, and I'm not ready for that type of change yet.

So once again, Thank You DEAverification for all that you've done, and like many others are thinking...you will be missed.
frown.gif

earth.gif

I'm actually stunned about this news... DEA is one of the rocks of this place... I feel that the board may be greatly diminished by this action.
frown.gif

On a happier note, and without spoilers, i must tell you DEA that I was very sceptical of Enterprise but the first two have been really good. The spirit of Star Trek lives on -- I hope you will continue to share it, wherever your travels may take you.

------------------
You may not believe this, but humans have a code of behaviour, too.

It took a few thousand years, but I think we're starting to get it right.

Can't believe I almost ignored it.

Jonathon Archer, "Friend or Foe"

In my 3 month tenure on this board you are one of the people I look up to. The way you conduct yourself, and the decisions you make. I have seen you say some pretty funny things as an administrator, now without that limit, I believe you will say even more intelligent, funny, and contributing statements in discussions that take place.

I am sorry that it came to this, and I just hope that you are happy with your decision.

Wow.....Dea was one of the first people I looked up to and admired on this BBS when I first got here. Dea was one of the first people to make contact with me outside the board.

Dea has worked and struggled to contribute and help this board more than anyone has a right to expect anyone else to do voluntarily.

In short, this resignation is the most saddening out of all the one's I've been a witness to here in my time here.

I wish you nothing but the best Lane and also want to thank you for making this board what it is and what's it meant to me over the last year and a half.

Thank you.

------------------
"If God dropped acid, would he see people?"

"If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?"

I've only been here three or four months, but during that time, I've come to respect you greatly. Your moderation will be missed.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back