Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Simmons seemed like she was two steps from a 'mutant registration act' deal which would've been an interesting way to take the character and probably could've been shoe-horned into a Civil War tie-in somehow...

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been rewatching Season 2 on Netflix the last couple weeks, and in episode 7, The Writing on the Wall, the episode with the other GH*** patients, they already had Mack disgusted by all of the alien stuff. I didn't realize they had already started him having that kind of an attitude that early.

3. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

The dangerous effects of the Kree-derived G.H. serum on Coulson almost certainly also played into her thought process. She saw how that stuff damaged Coulson mentally and produced dangerous, compulsive behavior -- even before some other form of Kree technology possessed Mack's body. Between the effects of the G.H. on Coulson and the effects of whatever Kree defense system took control of Mack's body, it wouldn't be unreasonable to hypothesize that exposure to other Kree-derived technologies, chemicals, or biological agents might act as a disease vector or other controlling agent that causes violent behavior -- the fantastical equivalent of the rabies virus.

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Finished watching Season 2. What a great season, with some really compelling story lines.

Looking forward to watching Ward put HYDRA back together, as well as seeing how Coulson and Skye build the super secret super hero team. I wonder if Lincoln will join that team?

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Lincoln is on board for S3

The "secret team" is going to borrow elements from the Quake/Daisy title Secret Warriors it's been said.

6. Jedi_Master

So we have Skye, Lincoln, and Mike Peterson on the team. They have to be reasonable about the team size so that the show doesn't get to overloaded with characters.

Perhaps we have the superhero team and the non-powered team their own story arcs, with bleed through every so often for major plot arcs?

Of course, first we have to get Simmons out of the weird liquid stone thing.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. Captain Craig

I guess I missed the news that Mike Peterson was on board...he's a new series regular then?
    Be nice to see the evolution of Deathlok as I think there are still places to improve his look, even for a TV budget.

9. Jedi_Master

I was just guessing... as they need more than two "powered" individuals to make the team. He's enhanced, has an established relationship of trust with Skye (who most likely will lead the team) and fits the "strong guy" role that is always needed on a super super team.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

No, there hasn't been any word on J. August Richards returning next year. Isn't he commited to another show? As I understand it, they were barely able to squeeze in his guest shots lastseason into his schedule.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think the main thrust of the story isn't so much that they *have* a super team now, but are actively building one. So yeah, just Daisy and Lincoln are probably all they're going to start with and add new members of the course of the season.
    Presumably with Mac playing some support/administration role since he got promoted to "person in charge of all the weird stuff."

12. Jedi_Master

I don't doubt there will be bleed through as presumably all of the parties involved will be S.H.I.E.L.D agents, but I think that there is a place for Mike on one team or the other, or both.

13. Captain Craig

I see where J.August Richards was doing another show but not that he was a regular. Maybe his filming for that show just happened to overlap with when AoS also wanted him?

His IMDB looks fairly open so maybe he can be added on as the season gets underway. I think there is a place for him/Mike Peterson as Deathlok being a more regular character on the show.

14. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't be surprised if they save Deathlok to be a show-up-at-the-last-second-and-save-the-day type of character, in an effort to make him a major player almost on an Avenger level. And the reason they might be doing that is to hype him up (but not overuse him) so they can have a solo Deathlok series or special down the road (perhaps on Netflix).

Of course, that's just how I want it to happen.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'd love to see Mike become a regular, but hopefully he'll show up in some capacity. It looks like they're incorporating the unsold spin-off into SHIELD. We'll have a cast of thousands. Maybe it will end up like Maverick, alternating between the teams week to week.

16. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Maybe the show will change from Agents of Shield to Marvel Presents (or some other better title) like many of the first Marvel books changed, like Journey into Mystery became The Mighty Thor or Tales to Astonish became The Incredible Hulk?

There are so many cool Marvel characters that I'd really like to see but really don't justify their own series or movie but could last for an episode or two. I like the thought of just knowing they are out there in the unmentioned background that really helps make the setting richer.

I'm really hoping for the Wrecking Crew someday.

17. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Given the upcoming events in Civil War it's unlikely they're be turning them into some kind of super team. But it does sound more and more like a retread of the Heroes third season story Futitives.

18. Jedi_Master

I don't think that AoS will bring in any more established Marvel universe heroes besides the occasional Fury or Lady Sif cameo. They already have Mockingbird, and Deathlok, and the series is solid enough that they don't need any "outside" help.

Coulson specifically stated that they needed to form an "off the books" super hero team to do things that the Avengers couldn't or wouldn't do, so I have no doubts that the new season will have a powered and non-powered team. Let's just get Jemma out of the dang liquid metal thing so her and Fitz can finally go on a date!

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The only one I could see is Sharon Carter, but I agree that's not overly likely.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Emily Van Camp is free now that Revenge is over, but I have a feeling they're probably going to save her for the Cap movies. I could maybe see them using her as a connecting character who pops up on AoS from time to time, but I doubt she's join up full time.

As for other characters, we do know Lash will appear this season. I really think that the premise of AoS is open enough that it wouldn't be that hard to work in all sorts of characters from the comics.