Actors/characters/plots/ships/etc. you want to see in Star Trek XII?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by skep155, May 11, 2009.

?

Dax in Trek XII?

1. Yes, as a major secondary character

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Yes, as a minor secondary character

22 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Yes, but not as more then a cameo

28 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. No

67 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: How about Gary Seven and the aliens he works for as a villian?

Not a bad idea--I'd love to see Peter Weller take a crack at the role.

2. Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley Commodore Commodore

Interesting idea. I could see Jeffrey Donovan playing Gary Seven. No more time travel stuff though, they need to take a long break from that. I would like to see Trek XII set a few years after the current film, and have no mention of any sort of temporal shenanigans whatsoever.

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My problem with the idea is that it is familiar. It's not taking the new timeline anywhere new.

A good idea for what should happen next would be one we couldn't guess in a million years.

4. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Anything involving Gary Seven would have to include time travel. There's a downside.

However, I've always liked the character; he was great in The Eugenics Wars duology. I agree Peter Weller would be a pretty good choice, too.

The trick would be in finding a storyline where he and Kirk are working at cross-purposes, yet both (apparently) for the greater good.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about Gary Seven and Khan, and in a twist, Khan sacrifices himself to stop Seven.

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Seven.. of Nine?

YES.

7. Jbarney

Jbarney Captain Captain

I'm not sure I like the idea. While I think Gary Seven and the group he works for have potential I am not sure I want it to be the focus of the next trek film.

8. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure about that. Gary Seven I think is more than just a ordinary human. I could see him having a expanded lifespan. I have also been fond of the idea of a second earth idea. Maybe he is from one of those earthlike planets we saw on TOS were the people seem to have developed a almost idential culture to those of us on earth.

Jason

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Re: Trek sequel should be Intergalactic War

In before the move!

No war. No Kirk. NEW, people, NEW!

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they use Gary Seven, here is the perfect actor to play him. The guy looks so much like Robert Lansing I'd swear they were related (they're not, AFAIK).

Terry Serpico

11. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Before I start, I need to warn everyone that I will be SPOILING the semi-professional Trek episode Star Trek: Of Gods and Men.

Still here? OK.

The story of OGAM is that Charlie Evans returns and goes through the Guardian of Forever to prevent Kirk from being born. The universe is of course hugely different, and it's up to Uhura, Chekov and others to undo what's happened and get the timeline straightened out.

Now, about halfway into OGAM, Gary Mitchell appears and actually cooperates with Charlie. There was a confrontation between all sides at the Guardian of Forever. Uhura pleads to Charlie (by singing, I swear) to join the side of the angels.

It works. He tangles with Mitchell and (if I remember correctly) they kind of cancel each other out and after a massive space battle above the planet, everything goes back to normal.

The sad thing about this is that Mitchell brings a spellbound Janice Rand with him as sort of a momento. I would really have liked to see that played out a bit differently.

If I could change that, when Mitchell appears with Rand under his control, I thought that Charlie would turn to the other side if Mitchell threatened Rand, saying she was a weak human whose life could be snuffed out like a candle in the wind.

Charlie gets more and more agitated as Mitchell's threats get more and more menacing. Charlie remembers he was fond of Rand and steps in before Mitchell can kill Rand. Then you've got your mega-battle that gives Charlie a decent reason to join the other side.

Don't get me wrong. I greatly enjoyed the production, which starred actors in other roles than we were used to. I just would have enjoyed it even more if they had a more plausible reason for that turn in events.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  12. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

maybe not gary seven himself but rather the aliens he is working for.
    the shift in the timelines might be enough that they decide to reveal themselves earlier then they planned in this new branch time line.
    maybe they would search out prime spock to question him.

13. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

aww... yeah, he likes the idea of Mirror-Kirk. I want Prime Kirk though. call me an evil plot speculator! ;) :p

14. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

no all out war.
    tos was more about preventing war even though there existed a cold war feel at times between the klingons and the federation.

15. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

If they have balls, they'll go with something more science-fiction-y and make it just as amazing as anything with the easy villain/battles.

Besides, we saw them hold their own against a bad guy, now let's see if they have what it takes to really be on that bridge. Boldly go to explore strange new worlds indeed.

I'm totally with the original poster's enthusiasm for big stakes and amazing effects. I think it's natural...the movie rocked, the team did a great job, let's let'em loose in an all-out extravaganza...

War is great in the movies, and action is great on screen, but what does Star Trek dare say about it today? Is Trek relevant in war discussion, given how it aggrandizes war and fetish-izes sacrifice...it's darn near Klingon in it.

P.S. It would be a wet dream for me as well to see Klingons and Federation and Romulans and Tholians at it as well. Throw in the Sheliak and Cardassians too. "Captain" Chekov's holodeck fantasy in a $4 million dollar deleted scene?

16. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

that's me. and I stand by my speculation ;)

17. L1A1 Rocker

L1A1 Rocker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No no no: That is Bob Justman.

18. L1A1 Rocker

L1A1 Rocker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That will take off about as well as a movie about Sulu as captain of the Excelsior. . . . Witch, btw, I think would have been a great basis for some movies.

19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Noooo..... M'name's Sci, thankee. ;)

20. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

Re: What actors / characters / plots do you want to see in Star Trek X

considering that kurtzman and orci are fans of some star trek fiction does
    anyone know of a tos era book that might serve as inspiration.