3D interiors in Blender

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rekkert, Apr 21, 2017.

1. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Commodore Commodore

Change the couch for a Lazy-boy Recliner.. :rofl:
    Maybe a personal relaxation light?
    Looks good!

Rekkert likes this.
  2. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, this really makes me want to commission you to do Gibraltar's ready room! :drool:

Bry_Sinclair and Rekkert like this.
  3. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

@Gibraltar: Haha, I'm really surprised no one commissioned me to do one before (same with engine rooms or observation lounges, for that matter). After 4 years doing this full time it's 99% bridges.

Spent the day modeling several dead ends for the final corner of the room. I thought about extending the sofa side table so that it curves along the wall, and I modeled several large props to fit into that place; but in the end I didn't like how any of them looked like. Here are the ones that I tried and got mostly done: a Sputnik sculpture loosely based on Soviet stuff, a Kal-toh set, and this weird sculpture. There were others but I deleted them in frustration. These I will keep but won't use on this set, maybe they'll be useful in a future room.

[​IMG]

In the end, I removed that whole new extended side table and went back to the rectangular one, and I just bit the bullet and modeled a somewhat passable Soyuz model, and I reused the stand of the Sputnik sculpture for it. I think now the room is indeed finished, there is some empty space there next to the table, but as it's just by the door it might as well be useful for when several people try to enter or exit the room at the same time. Unless I can think of something I'd like to put there, of course. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

gorn81, blssdwlf, Donny and 6 others like this.
  4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

An idea for an engine room popped into my head not long ago that I'd love to see take shape, though finances are a little tight right now unfortunately. Someday soon maybe.

Rekkert likes this.
  5. Finn

Finn Admiral Admiral

Awesome

Rekkert likes this.
  6. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

Here are the finished renders, enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Patron Saint of Dangerous Driving Premium Member

Very nice!

I spent some time looking through your portfolio because I'd forgotten what the Potemkin bridge looked like... you've really racked up an impressive number of sets over the past several years. :techman: