Spoilers 2017 Christmas Special Title and Trailer

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Solariabsg25, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

So, originally there was no plan for Susan to return. That may still be the case but it speaks volumes. (This comes from someone who thinks Susan, of all classic companions, is the one with the most interesting possibilities. YMMV.)

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Absolutely agreed. For me, anyone from the original TARDIS team, really. Why they were never brought back is... curious, to say the least.

Mr Awe likes this.
  3. Mr Awe

Ok, I'll just say it. It's seriously fucked up.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I keep watching the last few minutes of The Doctor Falls. When #1 says "I will not change, I will not! No, no, no, no, the whole thing is ridiculous!" I originally thought he was mocking #12's "I'm not changing", but now I think he didn't know #12 was there until he heard him say hello.

Now I'm sure #1 is having his own crisis of regeneration.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Kitty Worrier likes this.
  5. bryanb2014

bryanb2014 Ensign Newbie

i certainly think the 1st doctor is having a crisis about his regeneration as its his first, probably fearing it more than any other doctor, where as 13 just doesn't want to regenerate again

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

One Doctor fears the unknown, the other is sick and tired of change is how it looks to me.

7. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

Cant see how the events from the tenth planet fits into the special,1st doc was on floor when he regenerated and when he was on screen for most of the episode so explain his appearance to the 12th.

8. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Simple. One collapses at the beginning of Part Three of The Tenth Planet (the glowy hand bit seen in the trailer immediately preceding, I guess), Ben and Polly bundle him up in bed at the Arctic base, and we don't see him again until the beginning of Part Four. Evidently he was playing possum, needing some alone time to try to hold the regeneration back, which is where we see him run into Twelve. After his adventure with Twelve he'll come to accept that he has to change, and he returns to the Arctic base to rejoin Ben and Polly and defeat the Cybermen before his body gives out altogether.

9. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

ok make sense thanks.

10. Emperor-Tiberius

The special, and his appearance in The Doctor Falls, occurs for the First Doctor just after he leaves the Base, and before Ben and Polly demand that the Doctor opens up the TARDIS doors. All in Part Four.

11. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surely Ben and Polly are minor roles in this special. I totally see the entirety of the special happening between the time the first doctor beelines for the TARDIS at the end of part four, and Ben and Polly arrive outside. Plenty of time for One and Twelve to meet, pop off for unlimited adventures (or as long as they both can stave off the inevitable), and back in time for One to do all the stuff we saw him to at the console before collapsing (off-screen) before Ben and Polly come in.

Mark

13. Mr Awe

^ That's my thought as well.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably a minor role for Bill to I would imagine, but who knows.

15. Emperor-Tiberius

Since this special will be still an hour long, I presume Ben and Polly won't appear for long. They might even be cameos, really, to familiarize the audience with the circumstances leading to the First's regeneration.

16. Mr Awe

I'm thinking the two Doctors have an adventure together. Bradley should have a fair amount of screen time.

17. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Or.. How cool would it be, since Bradley is obviously comfortable in the role, for them to do a couple of one-off First Doctor adventures with Ben and Polly.. New adventures.. OR.. Maybe re-do some of the classic adventures that don't exist any more. Maybe tighten up the scripts a little to make them a little more up to date, format-wise.. Or don't... Present them almost like they did with the animated Troughton adventure that came out last year.

18. Mr Awe

I think that would be very cool. I don't think they have that in mind, but it would be a fun thing in my book! The ROI would be very poor, even though the BBC isn't supposed to consider that!

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

A one-offremake of a missing story might be interesting. The Massacre, for preference...

20. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

They could be specials in between seasons, perhaps... I bet the ROI would be bigger than some would imagine... There's a certain nostalgia around the classic series that i think would appeal to a wide audience... Maybe I'm biased, but still... And it could expand into the Second Doctor's series as well, to remake a missing episode or two...