‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

2. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't we go through this in the Nolan films? He wears the suit to protect the people around him. Why would we need anymore explanation than that?

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Affleck should ask Clooney for advice about how to play Batman. :devil:

[​IMG]

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The casting of Affleck as Batman reminds me too much of when they cast George Clooney for Batman & Robin. Also, Affleck has been a great director (Gone Baby Gone) and just starred in a great movie (Argo). Why did he agree to Batman?

5. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Damn, fans work fast these days!:devil:

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ I don't know where to laugh or cry at those people. I think Affleck shall be good in the role.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember the Craig Not Bond folks? There were at least two websites.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, not sure what reaction Warners was expecting, but judging from Twitter people are almost universally outraged and/or laughing their asses off at the idea. Lol

One things for sure, though. They definitely got people's attention.

10. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

I grew up loving the Christopher Reeves Superman movies and Superman is my favorite comic book character. I liked Superman Returns despite it's problems. I loved Man of Steel and despite my love for the old movies, I think Man of Steel is the best Superman movie. I was really happy with Cavil playing Superman. I have waited all my life for a Superman/Batman movie and I was really exited when I heard this movie was coming out. Now, I don't know what to think. I got over Val Kilmer playing Batman after Keaton, I liked Clooney as Bruce Wayne. I was skeptikal about Batman Begins until I saw it, then I loved the whole TDK trilogy and I'm happy with how it ended. I couldn't envision anyone but Bale playing Batman, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I was holding out for someone like Armie Hammer or someone in their thirties, but Afleck, I never saw that coming.

I don't hate Afleck, I liked him in the Kevin Smith movies and Good Will Hunting, but I don't see him as Batman. I see him as Bruce Wayne, but not Batman. I fear this is going to be Clooney all over again. Man of Steel was successful and a great movie, why is Superman so cursed? I'll reserve judgement, but I'm extremely skeptical on this one. I'd rather they went with Matt Damon instead, at least he's a proven action star, or even better Leo, but I doubt he'd ever wear a costume like that.

It's going to be tricky convincing the general audience of this too. I think most people still have Bale as Batman in their heads and it's going to be hard for Afleck or the general public to overcome that. This batman is likely to be already established, so that will be tricky as well trying to sell that. I'm wondering if there is going to be a flash forward or something? Also, if they're going to go with a Justice League movie at some point, Afleck will have to be a part of that as well, which puts him at pushing 50 by the time it comes out. I just don't think this is a good move, I hope it doesn't ruin Superman, like Clooney ruined Batman, in the immortal words of Star Wars characters,

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drkh0YLF8rI&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

11. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't been this upset since Ryan Reynolds was cast as Hal Jordon

12. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WB doesn't disappoint. I mean, their movies do disappoint; their decisions just stay in character.

Every time I see something like this Affleck news, I think of this table with some cigar smoking moguls who don't understand why people are paying money for this super-hero crap. Now they've decided that Robert Downey Jr. must be the reason Marvel makes so much money, so they found a star to throw at the wall.

What WB will never grasp is that success comes from doing your own thing - it does not come from copying someone else's.

13. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

Yep. They might as well cast Megan Fox for Wonder Woman, Keanu Reeves as Flash, and Hayden Christensen as Aqua Man and recast Nicholas Cage as Superman and make the worst movie ever.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

15. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

I used to really like Val Kilmer, he was awesome in Tombstone and the Doors, and ThunderHeart, but after that he started sucking and got really fat.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Kilmer has become the "forgotten" live action Batman. I mean even Clooney as Batman is more remembered for being in the worst Batman movie.

17. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

At least with Batman Forever, there were some redeeming qualities. TLJ was pretty cool and Jim Carey was actually good as the Riddler. Val KIlmer wasn't soo bad, but he was not the right fit, plus he had just replaced Keaton.

With Batman and Robin, it wasn't just Clooney, it was everything about the movie sucked.

18. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Ben Affleck made these comments in 2006...

http://web.archive.org/web/20080811...lm.com/article.php/20061102afflecknodaredevil

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral