‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Not in the same superhuman way though. And I don't remember Rorschach being able to leap halfway up the side of a building in the comic.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The outcome is the same in either medium. Same number of asses kicked. How does this make one version any more superhuman than the other?

3. Serveaux

Serveaux The Man Premium Member

Always seeking new and better distractions
    Snyder captured Watchmen as perfectly as would be possible in a commercial movie. I mean, fuck the squid monster.

4. Foxhot

Foxhot Commodore Commodore

Its not the outcome. It's the abilities. Nite Owl did some flying leaps which are humanly impossible. Cinematic license.

5. Foxhot

He also omitted the subplot of the artist who eventually gets blown up. I didn't miss that either. I'll tolerate the excessive gymnastics.

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, and yep. I'm no big Snyder fan, but I do like this movie. I can watch that title sequence all day...

7. Foxhot

And they said he had no vision!:cool:

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I missed the giant squid :wah:

9. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

I thought the changes from the comic to the film were good. Doc Manhattan was a better deterrent. The parking power stations were better as an epilogue (why was there a crisis in the comic anyway?)

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll stick up for M'rk here. I don't think it's quite that obvious in the movie, but the movie has a distinct lack of credible suspects for the "mask killer." What Roger Ebert termed "The Law of Economy of Characters" -- movie budgets and story demands mean that no character is extraneous -- really makes Ozymandias stand out as more significant that he appears to be.

I think the book almost gets away with its lack of red herring suspects, because that plot gets pushed to the background and simmers for a while. It's a bit more foregrounded in the film.