‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Just Diana in that blue dress I posted before. ;)

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Thanks! :) Yeah, it's a beautiful building.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Since I live not far from the Terminal, I think it'd be cool if they actually filmed scenes from a Justice League movie there. I think they were going to use it for the arena in Batman Forever where the Flying Graysons were killed, but they ended up going with a matte painting loosely based on it instead.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

B-b-but Batman doesn't use guns!

5. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Why am I pumping gas?

"Because I'm BATMAN"

[​IMG]

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

You could be in luck:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/21/batman-vs-superman-costume-batsuit-kevin-smith

Which suggests the Logo will be a quite dark black against grey.

7. Christopher

And I totally hate the art in TDKR. And I hate the way a whole generation of comics creators has totally missed the point of that work. It was meant to be a satirical deconstruction of Batman and DC superheroes, taking them to a ludicrously dystopian extreme in an alternate future for the sake of the satire. (Ditto with Watchmen.) It was never meant to be a template for routine comics storytelling, but a generation of comics writers have embraced that over-the-top, ultraviolent satire and played it straight, which really diminished its meaning and took superhero comics to a far darker and nastier place than they should ever have gone to.

So no, the fact that this movie is using TDKR as its template for Batman does not encourage me in the slightest.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

My biggest gripe with the new costume is that that's exactly what it looks - a costume.

If you were a crime-fighting vigilante with unlimited financial and technological resources, would you go out in spandex, or would you get yourself a custom-made, hi-tech, bullet-proof battle armour?

Y'know, like this one?

[​IMG]

9. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

This is why we need a LIKE button.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well in the real world you wouldn't want either one. They'd be hot and uncomfortable, hard to move around in, and take forever to put on.

Besides though, the main purpose of the batsuit was to intimidate and frighten criminals, and I can see the new, more animalistic version doing that a bit better than one that basically just looks like military body armor that someone painted black and stuck pointed ears on.

11. Christopher

^But if it looks like military body armor, doesn't that mean it's functional and believable after all? The Batsuit shown there was designed specifically with mobility in mind, which is why it's the first movie Batsuit that allows the actor to turn his head -- kind of a necessity for a close-quarters crimefighter.

Still, I imagine it'd be possible to make something lighter and more flexible out of Kevlar or some similar bullet-resistant material. Indeed, that could be part of the function of the cape, especially if it's more a cloak that can wrap around the front -- providing an extra layer of bullet resistance without impeding the mobility of the body.

12. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And here it is, new logo and title.

[​IMG]

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

15. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Dawn of Justice? Ugh.

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad they didn't go with Man of Steel 2

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

WB, WB, come on now stay current with trends.
    Clearly the subtitle should be:
    Justice Begins
    Age of Justice
    Justice Rises

I'd much prefer if WB addressed this as film 1 of it's own thing.

MOS has issues that need to be properly addressed in a legit straight up solo proper sequel. This BvS:DoJ isn't going to give Superman his proper followup.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Who's Dawn? Is this going to include Hawk and Dove then?

lol

1. It's hilarious that Batman is first in the title. Bigger star? A reflection on Superman in someway? And basically saying, this isn't a Man of Steel sequel.

2. Dawn of Justice? Good Grodd, that's... it totally feels like a studio head used some sort of program to come up with that. I get it, it's the beginning of the Justice League, and they couldn't call it Justice Begins... but, fuck...

3. I just suddenly remembered, Ecks Vs. Sever: Something Something. Ugh.

4. Batman v Superman. Is Batman suing Superman? I would like to see that court case.

19. Christopher

Warner Bros. knows which of its superhero franchises has been most successful.

I believe it was Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, and I have no idea why I remember that.

You beat me to it. Although the title is also amusingly reminiscent of the Singaporean fellow who gained infamy a while back for being named Batman bin Suparman. The V could almost be a middle initial.

And yeah, the subtitle is pretty much an admission that this is a Justice League origin film.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yep. But, a bit awkward for the Superman people, maybe... "Hey, you thought you were doing a Superman sequel? No, you're doing a Batman reboot."

YES. That's right. Ugh. I thought the title was so campy I had to see it. And boy what a crapping crapping movie.

We knew it all would be, but, I guess it's just so blatant and on the nose. It doesn't excite me. It's sorta... ok, so now you are trying to convince me to buy two tickets, one for this movie and then the next one.

Holy crap, is this going to end on a cliff hanger? Oh, god.

And then I can't help but think about Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes...

It's just... THIS is the best title they could come up with? It feels like an admission MOS wasn't what they wanted, and "Hold on for the movie after THIS one..."

It's a prequel before there's been a first one.

What if the Marvel Movie's did it:

Captain America: He's Going to Be In The Avengers
    Iron Man 2: A Prequel to the Avengers
    Thor: So You Know Who He is Before the Avengers.

Ugh.