Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Groceries for the week. :D

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I probably bought out Michaels' entire stock of cookie baking supplies. :p :lol: Lots of icings, sugars, and a linzer cookie cutter set.

4. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I ordered some nice shaker knit sweaters for the winter and some more books for my reading stacks.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Picked up a nice tray and some ornaments for a friend's Christmas present at World Market---along with some nice yummy things for us and the relatives. Then we hit the store and bought about 100 bucks worth of groceries, but some of that was stocking up for Thanksgiving.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love World Market. I need to go there before Christmas to get special treats I can't get any other time of year (except maybe through amazon.com).

Today I bought a cute Christmas long sleeve t-shirt.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's quite a funky style; I like.

Not much today; tea & a bacon sarnie for lunch plus a few odds & sods from Boots. And a haircut, which I'm really pleased with. I usually just get it cut reasonably short and comb it backwards (vaguely Gekko-esque without the grease), but today the barber cut it in a more typical side-parting and with my somewhat receding hairline it's ended up looking a little bit like Bruce Willis in Lucky Number Slevin though my hairline isn't quite as bad as his in that photo. It took me ages to figure out who the haircut reminded me of!

I like it, and the cut has a healthy amount of volume built into it too (I have quite thin/dry hair, so this is rare for me). Might keep it this way for a while. I haven't had a side-parting since before my hairline started receding and funnily enough it looks a lot better now than it did back then. Wouldn't have guessed that.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two gallons of Pumpkin Eggnog and a bottle of rum.

9. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Just bought it today. :)

I love them! What color did you get? Realistically, I would've bought black, but, OMG, the red ones are gorgeous. :drool:

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Friday:
    -Dinner with a friend

Saturday:
    -Oil change and replacing brake-lights
    -24-pack of beer for my mechanics (a thank you gift for bailing me out of some serious car issues and not taking advantage of me this past summer)
    -tank of gas

Sunday:
    -This week's groceries
    -Coffee yesterday during a production meeting
    -Ingredients / equipment to prepare Thanksgiving dinner
    -

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
    Winter's Bone BRD
    Green Lantern: First Flight BRD
    Green Lantern: Emerald Knights BRD

I'll be picking up the second tomorrow; the first will arrive sometime within the next three days or so; and the last two should arrive by Friday.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

- Reloaded my Starbucks card

- Sandwiches at Arby's

13. Happenstance

Happenstance Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bought last week:

Star Trek Motion Picture Trilogy Blu Ray
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
    Amazing Spider-Man: Return of the Black Cat
    Birds of Prey: Of Like Minds
    Birds of Prey: Perfect Pitch

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I got narked enough to buy a hardware calibrator... if you haven't got one, GET ONE. I got the cheapest one I could find that still seemed legit - Spyder3Express - but still, it makes a world of difference, even if you're like me and have zero photo/design leanings and are just a regular computer user.

What else did I buy? Eggs Benedict and a coffee for brunch, as for once I was actually up and about early (9.30 appointment) and decided to treat myself to some proper grub afterwards. :drool:

Sounds like a good evening in store... :D

Grr, don't remind me... I've got to book my car in for a service, plus a brake fluid change, in a few weeks time. And I suspect the front brake pads are probably going to need replacing... sigh.

15. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I have started what will be a nice little spending spree over the next few weeks as my inheritance went into the bank yesterday

I bought a TV with built in DVD for $199. i will be using it my bedroom.

I also bought my best friend a $200 gift card from our local cinema. That should cover most of of her trips to the cinema over the next year.

I am giving my sons $1000 each. I also placed $38,000 into fixed term deposits and another $5000 into an account for emergency use.

I now have about $18,000 to spend on new furniture, the garden and myself :)

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Awesome! Enjoy it. :bolian:

17. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

You just had to mention cars, didn't you? You're lucky its only a service. My car is banned from being driven for 30 days. I ran into a police blockade and managed to get my car inspected. They didn't like the 350bhp Cosworth engine when the car is registered as a 100bhp diesel... He just had to bloody notice. The fact that it passed two MOT's with flying colors didn't matter. Just proved how incompetent those guys are...

Latest purchase: 500 euros for a re-registering of my car with the new engine. Plus whatever fines the bloody coppers come up with. Which should be significant considering in not swedish. They'll find every little thing they can fine me for. Racist bastards.

18. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

DVD bookcase from Best Buy that holds "531" discs (idk how they get that figure)

Pluses- It looks pretty good, and was cheap ($99)

Minuses- Took me four hours to assemble. :p

19. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I bought several dresses, all different styles.

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

^
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

I bought myself a Greendale Community College hoodie on sale last week. Today, there was a Living Social deal so I got a one year subscription to Los Angeles magazine today for $6.