Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I bought some face masks on Amazon today. There's talk that my entire county will make face masks mandatory for entering any business, so I thought I'd pick up a few. I have a pair of black buffs, that one might wear while skiing. It's been very useful but its made of polyester fleece and I nearly have heatstroke wearing them in the Texas heat. The lighter ones should arrive next week-ish. If I don't end up using them, hubby can. He usually wears one while cleaning out the department's computers, because...yuck. :ack:

Avro Arrow likes this.
  2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

A Hungarian Makarov for my upcoming birthday

3. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A desk for our bedroom - seems like we won't be working in an office any time soon (and, honestly, there doesn't seem to be any need to rush back considering that my business unit is functioning just fine in the current situation). I'd been using an old, repurposed IKEA media console with the shelves pulled out as a makeshift desk area, but it's way too low to be a proper desk and so it makes it super uncomfortable to try and work there for an extended period of time. I also finally broke down and requested that the office ship me a monitor, keyboard and mouse for said desk so I can have a real, functional work area for the first time in 6 weeks.

auntiehill and Gary Mitchell like this.
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

A box of envelopes

5. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

A new phone. Mine is about to crap out (it picked the worst of times).

I also need these. And stamps.

6. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Gas and a Starbucks guava white iced tea lemonade.
    Last week, I got a Blu-Ray player and Death Note.

7. auntiehill

Hubby bought a new phone, so I'll get his "old" one. I had to get a new phone "wallet" to fit the different size phone.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Stopped at the local comic shop after work today (yay, I can go there again), got the new Conan the Cimmerian graphic novel adaptation of Red Nails, as well as an old digest-sized edition of Don Lawrence's Storm.
    After that, went to the supermarket to buy dinner.

9. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Got a cheap SEAL inspired military style wrist watch from Amazon. I think it was $25. Cheap "made in China" crap, but it keeps time and if I kill it, I'm not out a whole lot.

XCV330 likes this.
  10. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

the cheapest quartz watch is still more accurate than a mechanical Rolex :D

11. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

4 bottles of red wine and a six pack of Whalers pale ale.

12. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

What are you going to get for tomorrow? :p

cosmic mouse likes this.
  13. auntiehill

$381 dollars for Junior 's annual vet visit & flea meds.

14. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I've been having terrible luck with big ticket household stuff. December, dishwasher crapped out. April, stove decided it didn't want to work anymore. Now today, the chlorinator on our pool gave it up. I can't catch a break....

15. Imaus

Imaus Captain Captain

I found this over-the-door assemblage for wide brim hats. Works like a charm. They're like hoops that latch onto each other. Might need to buy a second set, even, as I have more hats inbound.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Got Mario Maker 2 back in March via a sale via Amazon.

17. think

think About it! Premium Member

Apple MacBook Pro Mid 2018 (13" Retina, Touch Bar, 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5-8259U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) - Space Gray (Renewed)=====

from Amazon.. yeah some reviews on the net said wait a week or two for the 2020 version to be out. and spend 200 more for it. -- but I did not do that it was in the review for a 2019 macbook pro.. I went and added extra to it just the 512 gig solid state memory . silent memory. and === back a year in the date made. to 2018 .. the best there was IMO on amazon for me.-- and mostly people have been playing with this since 2018 it is not the new and fix me thing going on .. ---

I got the 1200$ in the bank last nite, from the irs and the hole it burnt in my pocket was giant. -- I never have 1200 ,, I get about 800 a month regularly from the gov in disability so I never see 1200-- I get funding for housing and funding for food with food stamps = what is left over goes to the internet connection and cbs and . soundcloud. and stuff.. --- like the icloud or .. google memory storage things like that. -- so yeah

I did price tablets Like the iPad the newest one .. would not really be much different from my ipad now just up to date and all== I also priced the prophet 12 synth and the deepmind 12 synth probably the only two synths I would buy but ,,no I have synths and more that I need to keep on working with. going to add that another synth in my apartment would be a waste.. not that the macbookpro is not a waste.. but.. yeah ===

I had a macbookpro in 2012 but then during the sandy storm I spilled a whole cup of coffee across the keyboard and snap crackle pop went the laptop no way to repair that.. -- :( I was doing xcode programing and video xcoding filter loops and oscillation of variables in the filter parameters = stuff really intense things with imagestream control coding.. loved that stuff so I checked and yes this OS has the xcode language to play with --- and I will play again.-- it was fun in 2012 it can be fun again we will see. it is really neat stuff.

I can still cancel the order right now but It is looking better and better. -- yep

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Renewed my auto registration

think likes this.
  19. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

$420 to have my cat, Spider, put to sleep and to have him cremated. He was diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago and hyperthyroidism about a year ago. It all got too much for him to cope with and the last two to three weeks we have not been able to get blood glucose levels down at all.

20. think

think About it! Premium Member

I am so sorry :( it is hard to loose pets very hard..

I bought the. thunderbolt 3 to usb connections 2 for 17$ hoping to add some terabytes to the laptop on the external side--