Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Paid a bunch of medical bills. Gosh, that was exciting.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Why the yay bit?

The most annoying thing is that my old PS3 died while the PSN is down, so I haven't been able to sync my trophies in like two weeks.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just ordered this cross stitch chart:

[​IMG]

I think I'm going to be doing a lot of stitching this summer! :lol: This designer also does Star Wars, Harry Potter, Firefly, and various superheroes.

4. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Some Star Trek novels on ebay.

5. auntiehill

Yay! I actually bought myself something. It's been about 5 months since I bought myself any new clothes. I went out today and hit the Coldwater Creek sale, and picked myself up this ruched top--in bright purple, no less. It was a bit of stretch for me, as I usually get everything in blue, but I decided to branch out a little. I love it!
    [​IMG]
    It's slightly darker than in the picture.

I also picked up bright pink canvas bag for my mother in law. She'll be 86 in a few weeks, and is forever having a hard time finding keys and credit cards because she crams so much stuff into little, cheap wicker handbags. I thought a slightly bigger, lightweight bag (and washable) might be nice. I also picked up a nice, leather slim pouch (in pink) for her bag, that she can put her money and cards in. She will probably hate it, as it's from ME, her fat, ugly daughter in law. But what the hell. It's Mother's Day and I've picked out every gift she's gotten on Mother's Day for the past 7 years. I'll just tell her hubby picked it out; then maybe she'll like it. :lol:

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

My new toy:

[​IMG]

Canon Rebel T2i. 18 megapixel shooter. :) I'm a dinosaur who's been shooting on 35mm film this whole time, and I figured it was time to finally upgrade. And all my EOS glass moves right over to the new body. :)

7. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Yesterday I received my copy of 33 Men: Inside the Miraculous Survival and Dramatic Rescue of the Chilean Miners in the post. I am now about half way through reading it and it enjoyable, well written book.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

An mid-afternoon Negroni to celebrate the good general common sense of the English electorate, and to a great degree, the wider British electorate too.

9. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

The Logitech Wireless Mouse M705...

10. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

A bunch of Chinese lanterns and one of those umbrella-folding nets you can place over edibles when you don't want insects all over your food.

Oh what an exiting day I've had :rommie:

11. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

BigFoot, the "Yay!" was for the -new- PS3, kind of like: "The King is dead. Long live the King!". ;)

Fabulous! :cool:
    I'm looking around for a good D-SLR myself, anywhere in range from 14 Megapixels and upwards, with killer optics, a good software and the possibility to shoot videos in full HD. Have you had the time to try it out? Would you recommend it?

I have finally said my goodbyes to my old printer after many years of good service, and I've made way for a new HP Deskjet 2050. Nothing major, just an everyday printer with scanner:

[​IMG]

12. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

2 bottles of Taylor of Bond Street sandalwood hair & body shampoo, and a tube of Edwin Jagger sandalwood shaving cream.

13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Software isn't really a consideration for me; I mount the SDHC card and just dump my images into Photoshop for processing. As for optics ... honestly, once you get past the megapixel count, it all comes down to the glass. The nice thing about the Canon EOS mount is that all of the lenses that worked with the film cameras will work just as well on the dSLR bodies. I have a 15mm fisheye, an 18-55mm short-range zoom, an 18-90mm zoom, and a 70-300mm telephoto. All of them are IS lenses.

It does shoot HD video, though I think it's only 720p (could be wrong -- I have my own HD video cameras, so I haven't really had a reason to mess around with the dSLR's video capabilities). It certainly won't be up to the standards of the 5D cameras they were using on House or other shows.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I've been out of SLR photography for almost a year, so it's been a bit of a re-learning process for me, but once I remembered depth-of-field and other techniques, it's like riding a bike. :mallory:

14. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Thanks for all the info! I am leaning towards Canon, and the more I hear from satisfied customers, the more I'm prone to buy one. :)

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Was looking for an inexpensive e-reader as a gift and got this.

[​IMG]

16. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Down-payment on a new apartment, closer to downtown Eugene so that I can walk to bars and restaurants and stuff. Pretty excited about the move!

17. auntiehill

Awesome! You must post pictures of the new bachelor pad when you move in.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Mets license plate frame, to match the Yankees frame I already have.

19. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Flowers for Mom.

20. John O.

John O. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His and hers T shirts (one's a babydoll) that says "GUNS SAVE LIVES" with a red cross logo in the center that's actually a mosaic of hundreds of tiny red gun silhouettes :D (The babydoll's for my GF)