Your head canon

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sophie74656, May 11, 2017.

1. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I would imagine it had something to do with the availability of the actress

2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

As many times as it is necessary.
    And you must give me credit for that idea. It explains a lot and solves many problems! :techman:

3. Sophie74656

Necessary for what?

it's not like it's your unique idea. They have the capacity to build shuttles from scratch. We've seen them build the Delta Flyer twice. They've also rebuilt and repaired countless shuttles so it's not really any stretch of the imagination to think they have people devoted to this. It's a pretty logical conclusion.

SolarisOne likes this.
  4. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enseign Samantha Wildman, a recurring guest role, reprised for 5 years, was perfomed by Nancy Hower. It is too bad that her character, the xenobiologist assigned to the USS Voyager, hasn't been more exploited.

It seems that the actress really began to be busy AFTER ST: Voyager (as musician, producter and writer) ... .

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0398107/?nmdp=1&ref_=nm_ql_4#filmography

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  5. Sophie74656

I did like her. Would have been fun to see more of her. She had a prominent parr on one of the new novels

6. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which one? You mean the reboots, right?

7. Sophie74656

Yeah the relaunch novels

8. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, but novels written after the end of Voyager are non-canon so, what are their value in term of "realism" compared to characters, action, political situation? I read some written by K. Beyer and even if known characters are there, well, in my mind, they only exist by names! So, I'm confused...

Anyway, I'm like Saint Thomas " I believe what I see" (and read) and for me, the only references are Jeri Taylor's books & the TV show, with its qualities and defects.

9. Sophie74656

To be honest the ones written by Kristen Beyer in my opinion are fairly true to the characters as I imagine them. I feel like she captured their personalities very well.

10. Lynx

The idea itself isn't unique. As you point out, they did have the capacity to build from scratch.

But the idea of the "lost characters" like Dalby, Chell, Gerron, Henley, Carey and Rollins and later on Vorik, Samantha Wildman, The Equinox crew members and the Borg baby :D is mine and so is also the idea of a special Shuttle and Torpedo Building Team!

11. Sophie74656

I'm going to keep a running tally of how many times you bring it up haha. (and I really don't think the idea is yours alone)

12. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Four crewmen on Lt Carey's team got promoted to better jobs after the incident with the Equinox.

13. Lynx

That's OK for me. I have a big thing coming up about it soon. :D

14. Tracy Trek

Hey, maybe Torres assigned Vorik to shuttle reclamation for the foreseeable future after the events of Blood Fever. Rather than waste reclamation or scrubbing everything down with his toothbrush.:guffaw:

Actually there is a shuttle rebuilding team mentioned in the stories by Jamelia116 who I've mentioned in another thread. Something along the lines of a "You blitz 'em, we fix 'em" team. I think someone actually made them a sign for their door. So yeah, other fans have thought about it.

Also another recommendation. If you ever want to read really funny (but also insightful) reviews. Check out Jim Wright's Delta Blues website. He reviewed almost every episode. I think he missed some of the final season ones. To tie it to this thread, for the episode Alice, Chakotay says "We have a full complement of shuttles". Jim Wright's review has this line, something like, "Really, Voyager is the biggest scrap metal producer in the DQ". And I think he insinuates that Chakotay is responsible for a lot of the wreckage.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  15. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chakotay's passive aggressively getting revenge for the loss of his ship.

"First Officer's log, stardate 51047: I crashed another shuttle today(hehe). And ol Janeway is none the wiser.

Computer: file personal log under secure, Chakotay pi alpha"

16. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...Also 'accidentally' shoved a fork into coffee maker. She blames Neelix.

Mission Status: Successful beyond wildest dreams."

F. King Daniel likes this.
  17. Tracy Trek

My head canon about why Seska couldn't fully restore her Cardassian appearance. Maybe whatever was done to her to make her look Bajoran wasn't just cosmetic. Maybe it was on the genetic level and the Kazon didn't have the medical technology that she needed to fully restore her Cardassian features. So, anyone have any thoughts about it?

Six of Twelve likes this.
  18. TonyLeung82

TonyLeung82 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You don't need invented stories to prove the fact, that the Voyager build their own shuttles ("Shuttle Building team").
    See the episode 5.11 "Latent Image" (script from chakoteya.net):

JETAL: Hello, Doctor.
    EMH: Ensign Jetal. I haven't seen you in months.
    JETAL: The price I pay for staying in good health.
    EMH: So, keeping busy down on deck eleven?
    JETAL: Too busy. We're modifying one of the shuttles, making it more manoeuvrable and more cool.

This short talking proves it, that there is indeed a "Shuttle Building team"

Refuge and Sophie74656 like this.
  19. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

Seems reasonable to me. It made me think of the Obsidian Order agent, Iliana Ghemor, who no doubt had the same done to her.

lazarus+ likes this.
  20. Tracy Trek

I thought of her when I made the other post.

DeimosMasque and Six of Twelve like this.