Would like to see Enterprise come back…

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JN2849, Jan 18, 2022.

1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

shapeshifter likes this.
  2. ChrisRBee

ChrisRBee Ensign Red Shirt

If they should ever pick up on Enterprise in any way, I hope they dismiss the frightful series finale with Trip dying etc. as dramatic freedom and inaccuracies in a historical holo novel and give those characters better arcs.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cameos =/= a coming back, especially as argued in this thread by several posters of a Season 5 style content, follow up to storylines and various "Where are they now?" type plot lines.

I have no doubt we will see cameos, and name drops and the like, as evidenced by Discovery and Picard. I trust that is sufficient, right?

4. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I read the article. It basically says that McMahon would like to do it, but he doesn’t know how. That’s a far cry from saying ‘Star Trek Enterprise is back, baby!”

6. FederationHistorian

An alternative story could be Riker and Troi reminiscing to the Cerritos crew how the holograms of Archer & his crew (maybe others from that era like Soval, Forrest, Silik, Degra, etc. as well) terrorized the Ent-D and her crew between AGT and GEN. Like with Moriarty.

It’s also a sign that ENT is no longer the black sheep it once was.

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I don't recall the issue being whether ENT was a black sheep. The issue was whether CBS/Paramount would ever bring it back as its own series, picking up where it left off in 2005. And from what I understand, they have zero interest in doing that, because a) they've moved on to other things, and b) there's little interest in continuing a show that was the least popular of all Berman-era Trek series. I suppose they could get Bakula or Billingsley to do some voiceover work in LDS if there was a non-contrived way of doing it, but even McMahon has admitted that's more of a pet idea than an actual thing.

Richard S. Ta and fireproof78 like this.
  8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If only they had something akin to Star Trek's holodeck, where they could summon holos of any Trek character they wished.

Oh wait.

somebuddyX likes this.
  9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And make them sound 20 years older than the last time we saw them!

10. FederationHistorian

If the investors that backed the Kelvin films decided they want more Enterprise, it could happen. They did back Beyond after all, the most ENT-related Trek movie to ever hit theatres.

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I think these investors of whom you speak want more shows in the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 32nd centuries.

12. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    I'd love to see a limited series about the Romulan War.

MFB and shapeshifter like this.
  13. Imaus

Imaus Captain Captain

Or even just have some NX era wreck found, a Romulan war-tied episode.

14. Lord Hierarch

Lord Hierarch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm of the opinion that instead of a squished Connie/Sombra on SNW, they could have used a refitted NX. Show a 22nd century frontline cruiser relegated to a survey ship.

FederationHistorian likes this.
  15. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, this would be one of the very few instances where a full reset could absolutely work,given how much potential went neglected or entirely untapped.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sure. But they probably won't, so it probably won't.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would like to see a Romulan War series and the birth of the Federation. I'm glad there have been references to the series in new trek.

18. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Lower Decks should just have them watching President Archer's State of the Federation speech, his cabinet is the NX-01 crew, and then he thanks his assistant Ziggy and leaps out.

19. FederationHistorian

Archer’s speech and the signing of the Federation Charter are major events not actually seen on screen. And would make sense and would allow for the appearance of several minor character too (T’Pau, Soval, Samuels, the wives of Phlox).

And Shran as well.

20. GulBahana

GulBahana Commander Red Shirt

I wouldn't mind a new season with Admiral Archer coming out of retirement for a mission. They did it enough times with Kirk...hehe.