Will we meet Prime Admiral Marcus?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Turd Ferguson, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, we did get Clint Howard. :)

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, I'm liking the idea of Vaughn A. playing Flint/Mr. Brack...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  3. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think finding people who are willing to have all that makeup on and still act through it is harder though. Probably why they reuse those.
    I do agree that Combs is a issue though since he has such a recognisable voice.

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

Nope.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Apparently not everyone is suited to it. I dimly remember reading an interview with a casting person or director where they commented that sometimes you can hire what seems like the perfect actor for the part, who gives a great audition, only to discover that they can't cope with the makeup, acting-wise or otherwise, so you end up getting a bad performance from an otherwise good actor.

Getting up in the wee hours of the morning to spend endless hours in a makeup chair can apparently take a lot out of some actors, too, so that they're exhausted and all out of energy even before they arrive at the set. Also not conducive to a good performance.

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just out of curiosity, I looked up his IMDb profile to see what he's been up to since playing John Frederick Paxton in Enterprise. I see a bunch of appearances on shows like Psych, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe and Longmire... a couple of movies I've never heard of, and ONE notable big budget film: Star Trek Into Darkness. I'm pretty sure Discovery could afford Peter Weller.

Markonian likes this.
  7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I wouldn't mind seeing Prime Timeline Admiral Marcus show up in DSC. Peter Weller has certainly been open to making television appearances in the past and, as we know, even appeared in two episodes of ENT as a villain. I imagine only his schedule, asking price and the writers' willingness to include Marcus in the series can keep Weller from appearing if he wants.

I'd also love to see Prime Timeline Captain (or Admiral) Richard Robau, since he could well be alive and a flag officer by the late 2250s. ;) Somebody get in touch with Faran Tahir and see if he wouldn't mind appearing in Trek again. This time we won't have to watch such a cool badass get killed off in the first five minutes of a story. :p

Markonian likes this.
  8. thribs

That might be interesting to see a Prime version of the Kelvin. Hopefully with a better, more appropriate registry number

9. cooleddie74

We know George Kirk lived long enough to see his son take command of the Enterprise around 2264. For all we know Robau and the Kelvin are still around during DSC and were involved in the recent Klingon War.

10. thribs

Knowing the show, they’ll show that at the very end of the season. A way to tease Kirk.

11. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was slated to be huge part of the DOA Star Trek 4. There's no chance they'd let him feature on Discovery while that was a thing.

12. cooleddie74

In that case let's be glad that version of Trek 4 is no longer going to happen. I was a little annoyed by the idea of Kirk time traveling to meet up with his father (or vice versa) anyways.

13. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whereas I think Jim Kirk's daddy issues are the only unresolved plot thread of the trilogy, and think it would have been really cool to use Trekkie stuff to bring Jim some peace and revisit the awesome opening of ST'09.

Instead we'll get another reboot in 2022ish. Meh.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

I asked him once (on Twitter) if he'd be up for a DSC appearance. He said he'd love to do it.

In my headcanon, Robau is President of the Federation during DSC's time. :mallory:

If ST4 had been "Yesterday's Kelvin", that might be cool...

cooleddie74 likes this.
  15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

If Prime Robau ever shows up, it has to be Faran. Like literally. The fabric of space-time depends on it.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

Robau is the Captain they were on the way to pick up when Pike commandeered the ship. And boy is he pissed.

Nyotarules, Markonian and DaveyNY like this.
  17. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Robau was Pike's "Finnegan" at the Academy.
    :cool:

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Huh? If 'Prime Carol' was never in Starfleet, it's unlikely 'Prime Kirk' would have met her when he did to make David Marcus.
    When Carol Marcus appears and runs into Kirk again in STII:TWoK, it's decades later. Like McCoy when we see his commission reactivated; as well as Spock (who left Star Fleet to peruse Kholinar) in ST:TMP - by that time Carol Marcus also could have been in Star Fleet, but left to pursue other options.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

^ And there's also Carol and David's differing attitudes towards Starfleet to consider. David has the knee-jerk reaction of "Scientists have always been pawns of the military", while Carol is more accepting. If she's actually served in Starfleet (obviously David never has), then it makes sense she'd have a more favorable view of it.

Nah, I'm not seeing it. Robau is a decent guy, definitely not the type who'd treat subordinates like shit the way Finnegan did.

20. cooleddie74

"Walk with me...to class."