Will Saru ever get a romance?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by eschaton, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The OTP is Linus and Georgiou.

2. Odo

Odo Commander Red Shirt

It'd be nice to see the characters become more fully rounded with interpersonal relationships developing beyond how they relate to the main plot of the season. That includes my man Saru.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Relationships doesn't mean romance.

Noah_23 likes this.
  4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Saru doesn't strike me as the casual type.

5. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TBH I'd settle for a "crush" or just a passing comment he found someone attractive.

Even Tilly got to be a little thirsty in the first season. They've since de-sexualized her though.

6. fireproof78

Well, maybe there will be a spin off show called "All my starships" were there are ongoing relationships for every character ;)

Search4 and Nyotarules like this.
  7. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

He's very goal oriented too. He's wanted that captain's chair for a long time, and he's worked and trained hard for it. Maybe he's blocked his early retirement years to be a total lothario.

Odo, eschaton and Lord Garth like this.
  8. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

eh i don't think the show needs another romance and if your that interested in shipping Saru i'm sure AO3 can provide you with such material lol

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  9. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wouldn't surprise me if kelpiens had a breeding season. Saru may not have an actual sex drive until he detects a kelpien female in heat

Then he's like imma smash.

XCV330 and ananta like this.
  10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The problem with that is that he is already supposed to be dead.

Saru reached the end of the Kelpien life cycle, and kept going.

If there's some urge to breed comin' up for this boy, he is completely unaware that it is coming.

11. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

12. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

There it is. The Orville bearing it all.

13. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope. He keeps living his natural life like the other liberated Kelpiens instead of being killed prematurely.

14. Guy Gardener

Really?

For the last several centuries kelpiens were murdered at a fraction through their life cycle and told that this was it.

Which was a a lie.

A lie they believed completely.

The approved facts of their existence that they had no reason to question, was that vahar'ai is the end of their life cycle.

Dig a fucken hole.

So now that Saru is living past that point in his life cycle, brave hew world, he might discover his actual biological clock.

Consider the fear boner.

How do you have sex to the point of baby, with a vagina you are sure is going to gobble your nob off?

This seems like an era in one's development where they instinctually want to stay clear of the other sex?

But they were husbanded to do otherwise by their masters.

Oh?

What if the fear of canabalism thing is real? Like Black widows? The over whelming fear keeps their legs crossed... If changes to a Kelpien Woman is a psycho sexual curiosity to hear the neck of their lover snap, the sex drive the boys have to put up with that would have to be strong.

The only way a boy can get his end away, other than being gay, is to persue "children", which is a maybe definition of Kelpiens before vahar'ai.

Developmentally Saru is still a teen, and should not have been let into Star Fleet when he was a decade earlier.

Oh.

The Ba'ul did something sneaky if they made a dead man walking Lover reusable. That would gave multiplied the standing population, which is probably necessary if they were all being killed the moment puberty started.

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Georgiou will never actually love Linus, and Linus is going to figure that out eventually. Might be heartbreaking for him at first, but then him and Saru will develop their True Love.

16. NCC-73515

ignoring the messy rest of that post, you confirmed what I wrote.
    we need a rule that people shouldn't post single word paragraphs, or short sentence paragraphs, with so many damn annoying empty lines, just to make one single point. this is the second time in just a few days that this happens, and I do think it annoys people without any benefit.

17. fireproof78

Isn't that the purpose of discussion boards is to annoy people without benefit?

Tim Thomason and Guy Gardener like this.
  18. Guy Gardener

No.

You unnecessaryily confirmed what I wrote in a way that said I was wrong.

You corrected me when I didn't need correcting.

Not a fan of that.

So I elaborated on what I orginally said to explain that you didn't have to tell me shit I know that was clearly depicted on the screen because you can't understand me.

I wasn't arguing with you.

You are right, but I was making it clear that I was not wrong.

Just did it again.

19. NCC-73515

It's really simple:
    "The problem with that is that he is already supposed to be dead." - Nope, that was the Ba'ul lie.
    "Saru reached the end of the Kelpien life cycle, and kept going." - Nope, the Kelpien life cycle naturally goes beyond Vahar'ai, which was never the end of their life cyle.

20. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I got the feeling the Kelpians were killed just as they basically were entering their post-adolescent phase. So they were probably all having babies too soon, and of course they weren't able to pass on what little knowledge that they had. Considering how quickly they ramped up, its pretty clear the Ba'ul were right to be worried about them.