Why I hate the new star trek movies!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Banana-Rama, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Ensign Newbie

in any case i am glad they didn't reboot the original series with the same characters as i wouldn't of wanted that either, i am not keen on new actors playing those classic roles, in my opinion that actors that played those roles are irreplaceable. a couple of movies is easier to ignore then a whole series so at least i have that to be thankful for...

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Millions of movie ticket buyers would disagree with you.

Sector 7, Norsehound, Kor and 3 others like this.
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Abrams movies are, essentially, a reboot. The timeline stuff was a bone tossed to fans.

As far as the actors go, I think they did a masterful job recasting the characters I grew up loving.

4. Banana-Rama

star trek is far more then ''high dollar make believe'', gene roddenburys wri
    most of whom probably haven't watched the original star trek series or the ones that followed and don't understand why the original characters are loved, they are not emotionally invested in the original characters like i am...

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

And you know this how?

6. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Low-grade telepathy combined with high grade [something that would earn me an infraction]

Now you're going to say something derpy, and I'm going to have to bring up the fact that Gene HATED the Star Trek movie you love most.

7. Banana-Rama

well its only logical that a new generation of kids and young adults growing up probably haven't seen where star trek began, or at least most of them haven't, for them these movies are there first experience with star trek...

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It is make believe. Gene Roddenberry was a TV producer looking to make a paycheck. Don't buy the hype.

You can't possibly be any more invested in the TOS characters than I am, and I love the Abrams movies.

Sector 7 likes this.
  9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

You don't know this at all. Star Trek is a cultural phenomenon. Ask any person on the street who Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise is and they'll know.

Face it, this is all just your opinion, and not a very astute one. And while it's fine to have opinions, don't be trying to pass them off as if they're any kind of fact.

Sector 7 and Firebird like this.
  10. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

The last TV show had been cancelled only a few years before, and the final prime universal film had just flopped big time. This was the only realistic option to reinvigorate the franchise. And it worked.

11. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    And yet, you created this thread.

Sector 7 likes this.
  12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I don't think it's so much hateful or aggressive. I get that you'd rather it had been much more like TNG, but those are not the cast of characters they went with.

Mostly, though, this isn't really a topic. It's a collection of statements which have in common that they're your opinions about things, but they don't really hang together as a topic for discussion.
    Your opening post would have been better-suited as a journal entry or blog post. As the beginning of a thread, however, it goes in too many different directions to provide a topic for a single unified discussion, so I'll leave it here, but I'll close it.

Sector 7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.