Who Would You Get a Crush On?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mojochi, Mar 29, 2018.

1. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:lol: I agree, both of them look better clean-shaven.

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm assuming with the same kind of follicles he has on his head. He can generate different lengths & colors of hair there too. Interestingly enough, when you look closely at that beard, the beard is fake on Spiner, but the mustache looks real, like he grew it off season, & when he came back they decided to make a gag out of it
    [​IMG]
    They don't match exactly.. Come to think of it, it always bugged me that his eyebrows never matched his hair either
    I actually didn't mind Geordi's La Fur

This guy pulls it off too, imho
    [​IMG]

3. Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix Captain Captain

@Mojochi : yeah, I remember Data told Bashir he can grow his hair at will in Birthright I. What I wonder is more : how does he achieve it on a technological aspect ? From what I understood his skin is artificial (much like some silicon-based skin like materials used in realistic dolls, I guess ?? ) so I wonder how he can grow skin appendages like nails or hairs. Obviously this is just fiction, it doesn't have to be realistic...but I'd be interested in an explanation nonetheless !
    I already noticed about the eyebrows ;)
    And the eyelashes too ;)
    In some episodes they're white :3

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I had to render a guess, it's probably not the skin that does it, as such. He likely has some kind of subcutaneous hair/nail growth system. The only question to wonder about is how he would form the molecular matter necessary to generate the hair/nails.

We've seen him eat & drink humanoid consumables on occasion. I assume he has a waste system to remove these items. He's mentioned having tear ducts, & a pulse, which pumps lubricants throughout him. He stated in Deja Q that he occasionally ingests a silicon based liquid medium which aids in lubricating his biofunctions. I would think these systems are all linked, & he can generate hair & nail growth by processing some of this silicon liquid, which in turn is reconstituted in the form of hair & nails. Who knows, he may even have some replication technology working in him that does it, not unlike the exocomps' ability to generate tools

Twilight Phoenix likes this.
  5. Twilight Phoenix

@Mojochi : the idea idea of processing silicon liquid is very interesting, I have to say !! Never thought of that before. I made a guess that the silicon based lubricant he ingests was used mostly for allowing smooth joint moves and cooling his processor (along with his cooling breath). I also thought it could be useful for "biological" functions like producing tears (to allow smooth eye blinking) and saliva (for being able to articulate sounds, and sometimes eat).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  6. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

wasn't the original idea (quickly dropped) that data would be combination biological and mechanical being?

7. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nothing but good choices amongst the Enterprise ladies.

Love redheads & Dr. Beverley can dance, so that would be fun.

Tasha surviving what she did as a youth to get to where she got is a very attractive feature. Too bad her personality did not get developed more before she died. Yesterday's Enterprise is one of my favorites.

Troi is exotic. And empathic. And given the appetites of Betazoid females aa they age, an amazing choice for a partner.

Gotto go Ensign Ro, however. I aim to misbehave.

Phaser Two likes this.
  8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea it does. It makes him stand out.

9. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

Phwoar.

11. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Yikes!! :lol:

12. Twilight Phoenix

Was it ?? I didn't know.

By the way, I created a new topic so I, @Mojochi and some other members can discuss Soong type androids technology without spamming the Crush thread :)

13. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Riker.

maneth likes this.
  14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

These are horrible disfigurements.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of that episode of Sliders which featured a teaser taking place on an Earth where women wore beards (as fashion accessories).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ensign Lefler.

Kor

17. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Like a Chia Pet? Spread some seeds and poof, a beard.

Gah, upon inspection he reminds me of my ex when attempting a beard.

18. Twilight Phoenix

LOL !!! :guffaw:
    I'm sure it's not that, but still...Now I have that mental image of Data using a watering can on his head and face !!! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Hey, bearded Troi is not so bad ! She reminds me of Harnaam Kaur !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  19. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Klingon animal female in Hide And Q was probably my favourite woman from TNG that I can remember!
    JB

20. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

She was supposed to be Worf's ideal woman yet she didn't look much like his later mates.

johnnybear likes this.