Who do you think should have killed Dukat?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by TiberiusMaximus, Apr 28, 2010.

?

Who should have killed Dukat

1. Sisko - it was his destiny

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. Kira - for all he did to Bajor

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  3. Garak - because Dukat forgave Damar for killing Ziyal

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Worf - to avenge Jadzia

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Way of the Warrior. Him and Garak beating up those Klingons. Dukat's far too awesome not to be able to handle himself in a fight. If he really wanted to destroy Bajor, he could have done it with his bare hands.

2. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well as I always saw it, Dukat always supported a strong Cardassia, which was the whole reason why he sided with the Dominion. When they took over DS9 with the Dominion, he continually said it was a great day for Cardassia (then reluctantly adding that it was good for the Dominion as well) It seemed to me that he felt he/Cardassia could manipulate the Dominion in their favor.... then went nuts and forgot about everything except the Prophets/Pah-W's and vengeance.

Hypothetically speaking, if he didn't go nuts and still was involved in what was going on with Cardassia, saw how his people and home were becoming 2nd and 3rd rate citizens in the Dominion and the promises being broken.... he would have supported Damar.... or probably even led it just to get the credit.

3. Praxius

He he..... well the fight against the klingons did cross my mind while typing up my last post, but it was mostly involved shooting everybody coming at them and he had the help of Garak afterall ;)

To me, he was more of the "Thinking" Villain more then the "Hands on" kinda Villain. He could fight, and there were examples of when he could fight.... but I don't think it'd be much of a match between Dukat and Worf.

The only way a fight between Dukat and Worf would be worthwhile would be if Dukat won and ended up killing Worf by fighting unfairly..... having Dukat fight Worf in a fair match just doesn't sound right to me, because it'd be expected Dukat would die.

Dukat was never known to be fair, and he's quite the well-known opportunist.

The idea just doesn't sit right with me, imo.

4. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

Pardon me for being a doofus if this has come up before or explained in the series, but is Ziyal Kira's half-sister because Dukat had that affair with Kira's mother? It was mentioned she died in a Cardassian hospital....was it in labor with Ziyal? The age would be about right.

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, Ziyal is Dukat's daughter with Tora Naprem, who died in the crash of Ravinok. Kira Meru, Nerys's mother, died in a Cardassian hospital 7 years after she became Dukat's mistress.

6. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

Thank you. Well, well, well, Dukat certainly was busy, wasn't he? :lol:

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ezri Dax. Who has more "right" to it than someone he killed? How can you say there's no dramatic interest in someone killing their own murderer? It would have to be built up a bit, but certainly not as much as the Pah Wraith stuff in the Final Chapter, and even that can be included to a lesser degree. If you throw in a subplot about Joran influencing Ezri to a degree, you could play on her inexperience and trauma, manipulating her to eventually kill Dukat - and always a lingering question of how much was Joran and how much Ezri, especially if he underestimates her or dismisses her to focus on his true nemeses. If you make her the "last one standing" after the others have failed to stop Dukat (for whatever reason), it makes a nice parallel to "Tears..." This also ties Dax in much more firmly to end-of-show events.

If you really wanted to make it unexpected, do it Lucy Saxon (Doctor Who) style, immediately after Dukat's been captured and you think it'll be a "Star Trek Ending." Granted that to some extent ruins Ezri, and it would require a much more imbalanced character than she became.

Definitely don't care for Worf, Kira, or Garak to do it, their characters had other worthwhile storylines. Sisko makes sense, and I'm happy with the way things went down.

8. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

voted sisko but i guess worf could have done it as well. both had damn good reasons.
    kira, i dont know. maybe.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Sisko AND Worf.

10. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

I'd have rather watched Dukat killing Sisko. And Kira, for that matter.

11. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why?
    Personally, I think if Dukat tried to kill Kira, he'd fail...although he's never been one to fight fair. I love the stare-down scene between Kira and Dukat in...I can't remember what the episode's called, but it's the one where Dukat is coming to get Ghemor. They do the classic stare-into-the-eyes-of-my-sworn-enemy-and-let-them-know-just-how-much-I-want-to-kill-you and Dukat looks away first.
    Here's an idea...Worf tries to kill Dukat partly to avenge Jadzia - not having sought it out, circumstances just getting to a point where someone has to kill Dukat to stop him. Worf fails, Dukat fights dirty and kills him and then Ezri kills Dukat to avenge Worf. The Pah-Wraiths resurrect Dukat, and he has a showdown with Sisko and Kira...Kira attacks Dukat, not winning, but she distracts Dukat long enough for Sisko to tackle him into the fire pit.
    Hmm...that works, except for Worf dying...that would suck. Oh well, everyone has to die sometime, at least he would die an honorable death in battle.
    Or, like I said before, Dukat never recovers any semblance of sanity and the Pah-Wraith plot doesn't happen the way it did.

12. Arix

Arix Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a bit late to the party, but I thought this thread was so interesting that I had to put my two cents in.

I have pretty much no problem with the way Dukat was killed, and I also had no problem with his descent into the Pah-Wraith Anti-Emissary (or whatever you want to call it), which I know many of you do have a problem with.

That said, after reading the various responses, I came up with what I think could have been an even better ending.

Kira and Sisko should have killed Dukat, in the Fire Caves, during WYLB.

In this little scenario I just came up with, both Kira and Sisko would have gone to face Kai Winn and Dukat in the Fire Caves. The Reckoning gave precendence for the Prophets possessing Kira, and I think it would have been interesting if it had happened again.

Dukat would still have killed Winn, and then he would have forced Sisko to bow and immobilized him (that happened right? its been a while...), but only so he could have a duel with the Prophet-possessed Kira. After an intense struggle, Kira would triumph and kill Dukat... (Her expression could convey her mixed feelings about this - as she was essentially forced to do it!)

She'd then turn her back onto Dukat, to help Sisko, who would start to get up - only to see Dukat rise from where he'd fallen, with the intension of killing Kira. With only a split second to react, Kira wouldn't turn around fast enough, but Sisko would leap across to save her, and he and Dukat would fall into the Fire Caves.

I think that would have been even more dramatic than what we got! And then we'd get to see the emotional impact for Kira. What do you all think of that? :)

13. Praxius

Interesting idea Arix.... I'd go with that. While I liked the original ending, I guess the duel between Dukat and Sisko was a bit.... um.... short.

14. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Everyone Dukat's wronged in life gets one whack at him with a whiffle bat. I'm sure he'd be pummeled to death eventually. ;)