Which Superpower Would You Want?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Weather control. Having lived through severe weather many times, I would like to be able to stop it and thus save lives and property. Plus: If I'm at a baseball game, I want the power to stop any storms that might come up and delay it. :)

I would also love the power to affect plant growth (in either direction). It'd sure make yard work easier if I could just make weeds - and trees - disappear, yet at the same time resurrect a dead lawn. :techman:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

Immortality, or just simple agelessness if immortality is too "big" to claim as a single power.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now, that's something I would never want. Not in this life, anyway. I know I'll have eternal life in the next one, though. ;)

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh no you don't, next thing we know you'll be keeping us awake all night performing the 1812 overture with thunder storms.

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I think telekinesis would be a very interesting choice. The ability to levitate, stop, or crush an object simply with one's mind would be very handy. With advanced telekinesis (like Jean Grey), you could burn or disintegrate anything (or anyone) just by thinking about it. If I had telekinesis, there would be a lot fewer bad or dumb drivers on the road. :devil:

My second choice would be telepathy because, like telekinesis, its advanced forms are just as useful. Illusion casting, astral projection, and mind control would be very cool abilities to have and use on unsuspecting co-workers and bosses. :lol:

6. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Iceman is actually pretty fricking strong and has cool powers! Better than Mr. Freeze or Captain Cold :p

7. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll take Bruce Wayne's superpower... $6 billion.

8. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

My Avatar says what super power I'd want, the Phoenix Force.

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Word.

10. JM1776

JM1776 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll go with the Odinpower, thanks.

11. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Like others have said, I want telekinesis, basically, I want to use the force.

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I'd have to say invulnerability. My first choice would be to fly, but if I could only choose one, I wouldn't feel too safe flying without being invulnerable.

13. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

teleportation, provided I have some sense that keeps me from 'porting into walls and such, or flight, provided I also get a cool protective suit that keeps me from being seen or shot.

or I could cheat and say the standard Kryptonian power set, or the Phoenix Force, or a Q's power set etc etc etc.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Regeneration or telekinesis (which is really very versatile).

15. BoxWhatBox

BoxWhatBox Commander Red Shirt

I'll take that one too. Only with Nightcrawler'ish/Jumper control.

16. BoxWhatBox

BoxWhatBox Commander Red Shirt

And a hell of trainer/fitness program...

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If I had a chance to actually PICK what superpower I would want then I would have to say Peter Parker's spider powers since I've always wanted to be Spider-Man since I was around two or three. Aside from that though I would say none since I also wanted to be Batman...

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Immortality would be novel for a while, but you would have to watch everyone around you die.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Magneto and Cyclops would be good civil servants. Magneto could move all the improperly parallel-parked cars so that four cars aren't taking up six spaces. He could also simply lift up vehicles that are to be towed and impounded. Cyclops would be great during the winter for melting all the iced roads.

20. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

if only mutants could pass civil service exams, all those mutant discrimination issues would disappear!