What is your personal head canon?

Which begs the question: do transphasic torpedoes beat metaphasic shielding, or vice versa? (assuming the answer isn't a simple 'as the plot dictates').

Since metaphasic shielding originated in the 2360s and transphasic torpedoes in the (or at least a) early 25th century, we might conjecture that transphasic torpedoes were indeed created to beat metaphasic shielding.

At the end of Star Trek VI, the NCC-1701-A sailed directly into a star because the was no one at the helm:

iEg27sW.jpeg

mVD5TyK.jpeg

cwUbcVO.jpeg

RcnTB3o.jpeg

"So that's what happens when you let go of the steering wheel"

Maybe this belongs jointly in the controversial opinions thread. But Lower Decks is not, not, NOT a canon show for me. I just can’t believe Starfleet characters would behave like crazy cartoon characters. My head canon is that it’s an in-universe parody or entertainment show, much like The Simpsons or whatever is for us. It’s the best I can do.

IDK, we all have our individual threshold when it comes to this
But personally I have an easier time with accepting LD than with accepting that people 200 years in the future will look and act like people from the 1960s (albeit with slightly more liberal views)
There's enough weird goofiness in all Star Trek shows that it doesn't make LD stand out to much. Of course some elements are exaggerated for comedic effect (the thing I always find very far fetched is the lower deckers literally sleeping in the corridors) but overall it's not that far removed, imo.

I do sometimes wonder if LD would be more accepted by some if it had been a live action sitcom instead of an animated one.

I do sometimes wonder if LD would be more accepted by some if it had been a live action sitcom instead of an animated one.
I think that would be the case. It likely would have also been toned down a bit because some of the zany and absurd elements would be harder to do in live action, which would have helped those who struggle with it.

Of course some elements are exaggerated for comedic effect (the thing I always find very far fetched is the lower deckers literally sleeping in the corridors) but overall it's not that far removed, imo.

Ever take a “behind the scenes” tour on a cruise? A lot of the ordinary workers on the QE2 do precisely that (sleep in corridor-wall “coffin” spaces), though higher-level officers/employees get quarters.

Ever take a “behind the scenes” tour on a cruise? A lot of the ordinary workers on the QE2 do precisely that (sleep in corridor-wall “coffin” spaces), though higher-level officers/employees get quarters.

True, but as Star Trek fans, most of us like to believe everything is 'better' in the future.

Also, when you look at a ship like the ENT-D, the internal volume or surface/crew ratio seems much higher than on our current vessels, so every crew member having his own quarters (or at least, combined quarters) rather than having to sleep in the corridors generally seems feasible.

True, but as Star Trek fans, most of us like to believe everything is 'better' in the future.

Also, when you look at a ship like the ENT-D, the internal volume or surface/crew ratio seems much higher than on our current vessels, so every crew member having his own quarters (or at least, combined quarters) rather than having to sleep in the corridors generally seems feasible.
A Cerritos-class isn't going to be as luxurious as a Galaxy-class.

Back