• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

What is your comfort game? The game that is your happy place?

Everyone has one, it's like the one spot at home that is your happy place, or somewhere else that is also your happy place.

What game is your comfort game and happy place, that you always go back to?

Mine is Horizon Zero Dawn. It's my all time favourite and it's my happy place when I want to escape for a few hours or more.
Minecraft Creative - I like letting my imagination run riot and building things.
 
I have a whole list! Civilization V, XCOM2, American Truck Simulator/Euro Truck Simulator 2, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and Stardew Valley are all games that I keep coming back to. I've played and enjoyed a lot of other games over the years, but those games cover the majority of my tracked playtime.
 
I got Elite Force working on a modern PC, which mostly just involved installing it weirdly and manually adjusting the resolution in a config file. Shadows are glitched out and solid black, but I can turn them off.

And I know it's partly nostalgia talking, but this game is wonderful. They just don't make games like this anymore. The little quips, the dumb stuff you can do. Turning on Red Alert and making Janeway storm out of her office as Chakotay yells at you.

Also gonna play Colony 7 as well.

It's Y2K again, people.
 
I got Elite Force working on a modern PC, which mostly just involved installing it weirdly and manually adjusting the resolution in a config file. Shadows are glitched out and solid black, but I can turn them off.

And I know it's partly nostalgia talking, but this game is wonderful. They just don't make games like this anymore. The little quips, the dumb stuff you can do. Turning on Red Alert and making Janeway storm out of her office as Chakotay yells at you.

Also gonna play Colony 7 as well.

It's Y2K again, people.


There's also some lines Seven says. I'm not sure how you trigger them as it's been many years since playing this.

But there are actual voice lines by Seven in the first game where she will scold the player for being obsessed with her
 
I've been playing the Tomb Raider original trilogy remake and am surprised how much I am enjoying it. Also finally downloaded Dragon's Dogma 2 and have started to explore that a little.

the next few years the story seems to be remakes: Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, probably others that I'm unaware of...and of course the bookend to the FF7 remake series (was not a fan of Rebirth)

Hoping that they don't destroy Splinter Cell by "modernizing it"...more so I hope that they don't pull the plug last minute like they did with Prince of Persia...
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top