• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Contest: ENTER Box Office Predictor Game 2026

And then, in the previous years' threads, we've a septet of folks post but who haven't entered.

Will any of you magnificent seven enter this year; @Candleicious Ghost, @foxhot (who appears to have changed name or left the forum?), @JoeZhang, @Rowdy Roddy McDowall, @Timby (who also appears to have changed name or left the forum?), @Victoria and @Set Harth?
The role of foxhot is now played by moi, as some operas were known to say. We're one and the same. But the avatar koala remains.

I appreciate your complimentary offer....though in my case it'd only feel like encouraging the endless army of sequels and reboots to have even more frequency than they do.* I must decline with thanks.:cool:

(*And boy, do they ever re-do. I'm ashamed to say the only thread I ever created which is guaranteed to outlive me----no smiling-----is the Unnecessary Reboot of the Week Thread.)

While it's a lost cause, I'd love to see ten full-blown originals win.
 
The role of foxhot is now played by moi, as some operas were known to say. We're one and the same. But the avatar koala remains.

I appreciate your complimentary offer....though in my case it'd only feel like encouraging the endless army of sequels and reboots to have even more frequency than they do.* I must decline with thanks.:cool:

(*And boy, do they ever re-do. I'm ashamed to say the only thread I ever created which is guaranteed to outlive me----no smiling-----is the Unnecessary Reboot of the Week Thread.)

While it's a lost cause, I'd love to see ten full-blown originals win.
You could always predict just originals and see what happens. Maybe somehow you will positively jinx the world.
 
Um
And then, in the previous years' threads, we've a septet of folks post but who haven't entered.

Will any of you magnificent seven enter this year; @Candleicious Ghost, @foxhot (who appears to have changed name or left the forum?), @JoeZhang, @Rowdy Roddy McDowall, @Timby (who also appears to have changed name or left the forum?), @Victoria and @Set Harth?
Um, I haven't been to the pictures since The Rise of Skywalker and know absolutely zero about forthcoming films. I think I'll stick to lurking.
 
@Candleicious Ghost , @Rowdy Roddy McDowall @Victoria , i hope you'll reconsider adding your list. There aren't any stakes , like an entrance fee, so it would be fund what you put down. And you never know -- you might hit on something none of the rest of us would have thought of.... like if someone had even CONSIDERED Sinners...
If any of you and/or @Grendelsbayne could provide an entry, it would help us out a bit. I did a rough cut, and we have 4 movies that are averaging an exact 9...and those are our bottom 11, so that's what's throwing us off a bit.

But even if you don't, we would STILL LOVE to have your input.

Here's my entry...(Sorry, been super busy with work, and actually still am):
1​
Spideman Brand New Day
2​
Super Mario Galaxy
3​
Moana
4​
Toy Story 5
5​
Mandolorian Movie
6​
Minions 3
7​
Avengers 5
8​
Dune Messiah
9​
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping
10​
Michael
11​
Disclosure Day
12​
The Odyssey
13​
Masters of the Universe
14​
Supergirl
15​
Project Hail Mary

I placed Avengers low, not because i don't think it will make a Billion dollars (or 2!), but based on how Avatar did in JUST December, Avengers might not get enough juice to place the top for 2026.

And 11-15 are of course the wild cards. I was hoping for another unique non franchise/sequel movie, but can't find one.

In the next couple weeks, I will try to build a grid so we can see what we're thinking. 2025 showed that our COLLECTIVE average was more accurate than ANY individual entrant.
 
Last edited:
Yay! I'm currently in the lead.

An easy feat though, as I'm the only person to nominate a film that has been released to date (Scream 7).

And it's only 1 point because I nominated it as a Dark Horse.
 
Yay! I'm currently in the lead.

An easy feat though, as I'm the only person to nominate a film that has been released to date (Scream 7).

And it's only 1 point because I nominated it as a Dark Horse.
Hey a win is a win ;) congrats! Been. Busy with work... Hopefully i can do the chart next week
 
Hey a win is a win ;) congrats! Been. Busy with work... Hopefully i can do the chart next week
I’d wait until we’re all out of the gate with at least one nominated film out each.

Though, if you want to do a one-horse one, I will stroll a lap of honour :lol:
 
Here's what we predicted (sorted by the average of all of us)

I am excited for this year!

RankingMovieMorpheus 02Valkyrie013VerteronOktayGrendelsbayneKaiThe KnapposAverage
​
Super Mario Galaxy2232111.833333333
​
Spideman Brand New Day1123722.666666667
​
Avengers 57311253.166666667
​
Toy Story 54456344.333333333
​
Moana31045434.833333333
​
Minions 36798677.166666667
​
Mandolorian Movie551310587.666666667
​
The Odyssey1279899
​
Supergirl1411104969
Devil Wears Prada 26129
​
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping99
​
Michael1067149.25
​
Dune Messiah88810139.4
​
Project Hail Mary159111111.5
Godzilla Minus Zero1212
Jumanji 314111212.33333333

I will probably post an update, of where we stand so far, maybe mid-April or so, to give some movies like Project Hail Mary and Mario Galaxy a chance to run.
 
So 1/3 of the year in...wanted to post this before the Mandolorian movie

RankingMovieMorpheus 02Valkyrie013VerteronOktayGrendelsbayneKaiThe Knappos
1​
Super Mario Galaxy
7​
7​
5​
7​
10​
10​
2​
Project Hail Mary
1​
3​
1​
1​
3​
Michael
3​
3​
3​
1​
4​
Devil Wears Prada 2
5​
1​
6​
Scream 7
1​
9​
Mortal Kombat II
1​
1​
Toy Story 5
The Odyssey
Supergirl
Street Fighter
Spideman Brand New Day
Moana
Minions 3
Masters of the Universe
Mandolorian Movie
Jumanji 3
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping
Godzilla Minus Zero
Dune Messiah
Disclosure Day
Avengers 5
Kill(Something??)
11​
16​
10​
10​
0​
12​
12​


Lots of movies that need to come out, but congrats to @valkyrie013 for taking the top spot so far, with @Kai "the spy" and @The Knappos in a tie for 2nd.
 
So 1/3 of the year in...wanted to post this before the Mandolorian movie

RankingMovieMorpheus 02Valkyrie013VerteronOktayGrendelsbayneKaiThe Knappos
1​
Super Mario Galaxy
7​
7​
5​
7​
10​
10​
2​
Project Hail Mary
1​
3​
1​
1​
3​
Michael
3​
3​
3​
1​
4​
Devil Wears Prada 2
5​
1​
6​
Scream 7
1​
9​
Mortal Kombat II
1​
1​
Toy Story 5
The Odyssey
Supergirl
Street Fighter
Spideman Brand New Day
Moana
Minions 3
Masters of the Universe
Mandolorian Movie
Jumanji 3
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping
Godzilla Minus Zero
Dune Messiah
Disclosure Day
Avengers 5
Kill(Something??)
11​
16​
10​
10​
0​
12​
12​


Lots of movies that need to come out, but congrats to @valkyrie013 for taking the top spot so far, with @Kai "the spy" and @The Knappos in a tie for 2nd.



Predicting 1st or 10th place exactly scores 13 points. Kai and I are on 13 a piece.



Scoring:

Getting number 1 or number 10 dead-on gets you 13 points (each).

10 points for numbers 2-9 dead-on
7 points if your pick got into the top ten and was only one spot away from where it ended up
5 points if it was in the top ten and two spots away
3 points if your pick is anywhere in the Top 10

1 point for each dark horse that makes it into the Top 10



The scoring is tabulated so that you get the SINGLE HIGHEST point value for each pick- that is, if you get number ten right, you don't get 13+3, you get 13.

The maximum possible score is 106.

Scoring is limited to films which are in the top ten. So, if you nominate a film at 9 or 10 and they come in at 11 or 12, the 7 and 5 points won’t apply.
 
SO an update of where we are... while more money is pouring in, i am pretty sure the current rankings will stick for a while

Here's the ranking and what place we predicted....and the next will show point values (if i calculated it right)
RankingMovieMorpheus 02Valkyrie013VerteronOktayGrendelsbayneKaiThe KnapposAverage
4​
Super Mario Galaxy2232111.833333333
1​
Spideman Brand New Day1123722.666666667
Avengers 57311253.166666667
3​
Toy Story 54456344.333333333
14​
Moana31045434.833333333
10​
Minions 36798677.166666667
11​
Mandolorian Movie551310587.666666667
2​
The Odyssey1279899
20​
Supergirl1411104969
8​
Devil Wears Prada 26129
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping99
5​
Michael1067149.25
Dune Messiah88810139.4
6​
Project Hail Mary159111111.5
Godzilla Minus Zero1212
Jumanji 314111212.33333333
19​
Mortal Kombat II131212.5
Street Fighter15131012.66666667
17​
Disclosure Day11151513.66666667
22​
Masters of the Universe13141514
13​
Scream 71414
Kill(Something??)#DIV/0!
7​
Obsession#DIV/0!
9​
Backrooms#DIV/0!
12​
Hoppers#DIV/0!


And points, based on rules established....
RankingMovieMorpheus 02Valkyrie013VerteronOktayGrendelsbayneKaiThe KnapposAVERAGE
4​
Super Mario Galaxy
5​
5​
7​
5​
3​
3​
5​
1​
Spideman Brand New Day
13​
13​
7​
5​
3​
7​
5​
Avengers 5
3​
Toy Story 5
7​
7​
5​
3​
10​
7​
7​
14​
Moana
10​
Minions 3
3​
3​
7​
5​
3​
3​
3​
11​
Mandolorian Movie
2​
The Odyssey
1​
3​
3​
3​
3​
3​
20​
Supergirl
8​
Devil Wears Prada 2
5​
1​
7​
Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping
5​
Michael
3​
7​
5​
1​
Dune Messiah
6​
Project Hail Mary
1​
3​
1​
3​
1​
Godzilla Minus Zero
Jumanji 3
19​
Mortal Kombat II
Street Fighter
17​
Disclosure Day
22​
Masters of the Universe
13​
Scream 7
Kill(Something??)
7​
Obsession
9​
Backrooms
12​
Hoppers
TOTAL
33​
36​
38​
29​
0​
23​
24​
30​
Congrats to @Verteron as our end of summer champ, with a close second by @valkyrie013 . A few surprises, and can't wait to see what Dec. 31 brings!
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top