What is THE Worst continuity error in Trek history..?!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Roald, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

More like bumping into a stranger from out of town and not seeing them for 200 years, but hearing stories for years about someone who later turns out to be that stranger.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  2. starmike

starmike Captain Captain

Except they're not from out of town. During Enterprise, they weren't going very far. The Vulcans even knew of The Expanse. Tellurites, Andorrans, all ahead of us. Even Sussman admitted the mistake:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Acquisition_(episode)
    • This episode was highly criticized by fans for allegedly abusing established continuity. In an interview with the magazine Star Trek: Communicator, series writer Mike Sussman admitted that "Acquisition" may have stepped over the line.

3. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that raises an interesting point. With Ferenginar so close to earth(as established by ds9) , how is it that the Federation never encountered them in 200 years of exploring. Surely Ferengi space had been charted by the TNG era. Enterprise doesn't attempt to establish where Ferenginar is, or who they are. It is simply an act of piracy on the high seas by an unknown race. Probably similar to Picard's encounter with them when he still commanded the Stargazer. There were probably many of these incidents over those 200 years.

4. Nerys Myk

Not sure what the Expanse, the Tellarites or the Andorians have to do with Enterprise meeting a lone Ferengi ship. Trek is full of one off encounters.

They could be all over the Federation causing trouble. "The Last Outpost" establishes that they have a quite the reputation and there ships and methods were well known to the Federation. It also established that they were secretive. They weren't unknown, just mysterious.

Exactly.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

The Federation was clearly aware of the Ferengi back in Farpoint, though there was a lot of misinformation going around about them, like they eat people.

6. Nerys Myk

When at Quark's, try the Soylent Green.

7. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And sometimes coincidences just happen. A few years after I moved to New Jersey, I met a woman who'd dated a kid I'd gone to grade school with 15 years before in Washington D.C.

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ohh Stardate Continuity

I know this is a thread for the worst continuity error, but I want to bring up good continuity for a second.

In the DS9 Tech Manual there is a LCARS map showing the 4 quadrants, Delta Quadrant shows the approximate path of Voyager, plus a 'Current Location' as of a Stardate, that Stardate matches the Stardate given in the Voyager episode "Message in a Bottle". So the first time Starfleet hears of Voyager since they were lost.

This same map is also the main menu for the video game STV: Elite Force, and also shows up on a PADD used in Insurrection.