Spoilers What If...? discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that it's already been confirmed that there will be a Captain Carter Sequel in season 2.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, that definitely has been confirmed and maybe more than just that considering the idea that she's the throughline of the series. We'll see soon enough.

SolarisOne and Commander Troi like this.
  3. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Oooo! I wonder what the chances of a live-action Captain Carter showing up in a Phase 5 movie at some point. It's a pretty big multi-verse, you know.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I refer you to the Doctor Strange 2 rumor that I mentioned up thread that is being discussed in the Doctor Strange thread.

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Very solid start - i liked it.

I too felt it was a but rushed but overall it was cool. Carter going into full action with the uniform and shield was awesome and the Hydrastomper was a cool addition to keep Steve in the story and cross reference Iron Man.

Anyone felt a flashback to Hellboy when the Tentacle Monster appeared? :lol:

6. The Nth Doctor

Oh, duh. That makes more sense than my dumb brain going to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. :lol:

Commander Troi likes this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Also, why isn't Carter called Captain Britain? I guess because the SSR was mainly an American organization?

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was fun. I've been a big fan of Haley Atwell as Peggy Carter, so I got a big kick seeing a new take on the chacacter.
    Giving Steve the Hydra Stomper suit was a nice way to let him get in on the action, the same way Peggy worked with Steve. Having Capt. Carter capture the Tesseract right away, andvhaving it be the power source for the Hydra Stomper suit was a nice twist on the original history.
    So that wasn't Chris Evans as Steve then. It was bugging me, because it sounded a lot like him, but not exactly.
    I was a little surprised Hugo Weaving didn't come back as Red Skull, I thought the only reason he didn't come back for the later movie was because of the makeup, so thought since this was just a voice role, he might do it. I wonder if they even asked him, or if they just went right to Ralph Maquand since he was the last actor to play him.
    Having Steve appear to die on the train gave us a nice parallel to Stev losing Bucky. I have to admight, I was a tiny bit disappointed they found him a live at the Hydra base, since I had thought him being "killed" on train meant he was going to take on Bucky's role as The Winter Soldier, if Peggy ended up in the modrrn day, which we did see happen at the end.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how differently the Avengers stuff will play out with Peggy instead of Steve.
    I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one who thought of Hive when Red Sull talked about summoning Hydra's champion.

10. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, because Captain Britain is already a different character in the comics. (Usually Brian Braddock, although sometimes his sister, Betsy Braddock.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Britain

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Umm... Sam Wilson is Captain America now. Kate Bishop is about to be Hawkeye. Also, next week's What If? episode has T'Challa as Star-Lord, because you can do anything in alternate universes. And you yourself admit that two different people have been Captain Britain, so you shot down your own objection.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, that was a lot of fun. I quite enjoyed it.

Commander Troi and KennyB like this.
  13. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

It certainly gave no consideration towards people who haven't seen Captain America: The First Avenger...but I imagine everyone watching it has seen that movie anyway. The action scenes were great and I wish the movies would be as bold as that sequence with her taking out all those enemy aircraft.

Commander Troi and FreezeC77 like this.
  14. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Can someone point me to that thread? I can't seem to find it.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, same of the thread titles aren't immediately clear and could be hard to find if you're using the search function. Here's the direct link to the rumor in question.

Commander Troi and Turtletrekker like this.
  16. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Muchas gracias!

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  17. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Steve only got the Captain America moniker because of the USO show. Since Peggy never ended up there, she never got any nickname, America/Britain or otherwise.

18. The Nth Doctor

That makes the most sense, especially since they referenced how she pointedly didn't do those shows.

19. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

As soon as Red Skull started working on a portal, I had my fingers crossed for Hive. When a bunch of giant tentacles started flying out, I was all, "Close enough!"

Though, reading the rest of the thread, I see it was apparently another squid-themed space-bastard. Oh, well, big multiverse, plenty of room for both.

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a decent start to the season. Not many surprises, and it pretty much went where I expected it to (outside of Steve as proto Iron Man, but it made sense), but I liked it. The animation isn't the prettiest, but it was fluid and the action was done well. I think that this is going to end up being a very good show.