What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I started playing the first "Assassin's Creed" today. Holy crap, what a boring way to begin a game!

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The first Assassin's Creed is a little on the tedious side. AC2 is light years better!

3. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I rented Warhammer 40k: Space Marine for five days. I beat it in two extended sittings, and I still have four days of play left. Too bad the OnLive version doesn't support multiplayer, or else I'd probably have a reason to keep playing it after I beat single player. Really not enough content to warrant $60.

On the other hand, I got Half-Life 1 and Star Wars: Dark Forces II on Steam through holiday training shenanigans, and so far those are pretty good. Old-school shooters are still some of the best in my opinion, you got a lot more bang for your buck.

4. ParLawGod

ParLawGod Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Sim City (SNES version)

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked up the first Super Star Wars game for the SNES yesterday. I rented these games back when I was a kid, but I never played them much.

I wasted about 3 continues and got a game over on the Mos Eisley boss. It's strange to be in a hard as hell boss fight with the cheery Cantina theme playing.

6. think

think About it! Premium Member

I have started another round of board game games starting with chess and Oh yeah real people f2f stuff :) ... of course I hope to use the computer thing for down time in f2f fun...ie zillions of games...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

As it happens I just bought AC 2 in the steam sale (currently downloading.) I ummed & ahhed about getting the first game as it was on the cheep too, but after reading several reviews and a half dozen forum threads with the OPs asking if they should play AC1 or skip straight to AC2...I decided not to bother with it.

The consensus appears to be that the only value the first game has is to clue you into the plot and is *highly* repetitive and unrewarding. I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube to get caught up and skip the 10 hours of tedious gameplay. ;)

8. Currently I’m playing Call of Duty: Black Ops it’s an interesting game and it made me very thrilling while playing it.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah, reading the wikipedia synopsis of Assassin's Creed 1 is probably all you're gonna need. :)

10. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm primarily playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, with a bit of The Godfather: Five Families on the side.

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't a big fan of Assassins Creed 1. I gave it a try but it didn't grab me.

I'm having another go at Mass Effect 1 but once I got to Feros (and then Noveria) it's become seriously crash happy. Some sort of general protection fault that I'll research.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, damn. I might keep playing for a bit, but I guess I'll move on to AC2.

13. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've started the first AC 4 or 5 times, but have never finished it. In fact, I don't think I've even made it past the 3 city yet.

Still playing lots of MW3 with a bit of Oblivion mixed in for when I'm getting curb stomped in the other game.

14. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Right now I'm test-driving my new PS3 on GTA IV and Mass Effect 2. The former because I'm a fan of the immersive sandboxing offered by the GTA series, and the latter because of Yvonne Strahovski (and good reviews in general). LA Noir and Episodes from Liberty City are in the queue.

Alex

15. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mario Kart 3DS and Modnation Racers for the PS3. : )

16. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I'm still playing through The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind but I'm also making my way through Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Mafia 2........searching for all the wanted posters.

18. AdAstra

AdAstra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finishing up Uncharted 2 (I'm a bit behind) and then I'll start the Resistance series - I bought all 3 for a good price and am eager to start blasting aliens =)

19. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War. Damn Chaos Space Marines. Also working on Cave Story+, but that's on the back burner since I already beat the original.

20. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Modern Warfare 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Jurassic Park, Homefront, Halo Anniversary, and Oblivion. It's been a busy Christmas Break gaming wise. I got Skyrim but didn't get a chance to play it yet. Between it and Oblivion I think I'm set for gaming for the next five years.