What games are you playing currently?

I am playing the newest iteration of Dead Space. I am in Chapter 2.

I completed most of the complete Terminator Resistance package. I haven't played Infiltrator yet.

Before that, I attempted to play Greedfall. The combat in the tutorial told me that this wasn't the game for me, so I uninstalled it.

I'm a couple of hours into The Invincible and it's great. Lots of atmosphere and it's fun, and story driven. Close to the book but a liberty here and there. 8/10

I finished AC: Mirage earlier today.

I enjoyed Mirage - it reminded me a lot of the last Ezio game (I still don't understand why all the wonderful sticky bombs and throwables from that game didn't get carried over into more games). Although I kinda wish that Mirage had been with a character other than Bassim and a little bit longer. I've just never found Bassim all that interesting and even though I played Valhalla, his identity was completely lost on me until an article pointed it out. :lol:

I'm playing Yakuza 3 right now and am just powering through it - I just want to get past it at this point. After starting with 0 and playing Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2.... 3 is a giant disappointment. The mechanics in that game are horrible in comparison to the full remakes. Combat feels clunky and boring. With the block mechanic that bosses use and massive health bars, fights can take eons and are so choppy they remind me of Kung Fu on NES if those fights went on for thirty mins and had completely random QTEs. Navigating the map and finding/buying things is also difficult because of the way it works. The story though is still good. I just really wish they'd have given 3 the same treatment as Kiwami 1 and 2.

I enjoyed Mirage - it reminded me a lot of the last Ezio game (I still don't understand why all the wonderful sticky bombs and throwables from that game didn't get carried over into more games). Although I kinda wish that Mirage had been with a character other than Bassim and a little bit longer. I've just never found Bassim all that interesting and even though I played Valhalla, his identity was completely lost on me until an article pointed it out. :lol:
I also really enjoyed Mirage. But yeah, Bassim isn't exactly the most interesting AC lead ever.

I attempted to play Guardians of the Galaxy. I have a major issue with the combat.

There is a giant battle with lots of creatures in the first chapter. Somehow I am supposed to give commands to my comrades for them to do their actions, then there is a huddle where they do their thing. Well, my ability to process the battle is slower than is required for the gameplay, so my comrades get all knocked out. One of my rules about games is that if I have trouble with the combat from the beginning then that isn't the game for me. I have uninstalled the game.

I attempted to play Guardians of the Galaxy. I have a major issue with the combat.

There is a giant battle with lots of creatures in the first chapter. Somehow I am supposed to give commands to my comrades for them to do their actions, then there is a huddle where they do their thing. Well, my ability to process the battle is slower than is required for the gameplay, so my comrades get all knocked out. One of my rules about games is that if I have trouble with the combat from the beginning then that isn't the game for me. I have uninstalled the game.

Same. It's not a fun game

I'm playing Yakuza 3 right now and am just powering through it - I just want to get past it at this point. After starting with 0 and playing Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2.... 3 is a giant disappointment. The mechanics in that game are horrible in comparison to the full remakes. Combat feels clunky and boring. With the block mechanic that bosses use and massive health bars, fights can take eons and are so choppy they remind me of Kung Fu on NES if those fights went on for thirty mins and had completely random QTEs. Navigating the map and finding/buying things is also difficult because of the way it works. The story though is still good. I just really wish they'd have given 3 the same treatment as Kiwami 1 and 2.
3, 4 and 5 are the PS3 ports and 3 is indeed the clunkiest of the 3.
7 is a JRPG with a new protagonist and Judgement and Lost Judgment are a spinoff series where you play as an ex-cop turned private detective in the same city...

3, 4 and 5 are the PS3 ports and 3 is indeed the clunkiest of the 3.
7 is a JRPG with a new protagonist and Judgement and Lost Judgment are a spinoff series where you play as an ex-cop turned private detective in the same city...

What about the Like A Dragon - spinoffs? I was thinking of trying Ishin! I'd started Judgement until I realized it was a spinoff to the Yakuza series but I may go back to it now that I've finished the first few games. Between playstation and game pass subs, I've got access to most of them.

What about the Like A Dragon - spinoffs? I was thinking of trying Ishin! I'd started Judgement until I realized it was a spinoff to the Yakuza series but I may go back to it now that I've finished the first few games. Between playstation and game pass subs, I've got access to most of them.
The one in ancient Japan? Or the Gaiden one?
Because from nr 7 they will all be "Like A Dragon:subtitle"

Disco Elysium but it feels pretentious

I felt the same way at first but then it grew on me. I don't think it's trying to be pretentious as much as it is trying to convey what's going through the main character's mind. My other half has liver failure and kidney cancer (along with other ailments) and I can tell you that the game is pretty accurate when it comes to portraying hepatic encephalopathy, especially when it effects someone who is on the higher ends of intelligence. The amnesia and delusions are all a part of it. Not knowing what's real is too. And having seen it firsthand multiple times, you watch an otherwise perfectly brilliant and reasonable person go through all sorts of wild stages and often they have no memory of it ever happening.

I've watched him function much like the main character. He's at the end stage of things and it gets far worse than the stages the game portrays. But one day sane and the next day crazy is normal for liver patients. Most of this weekend I've had to deal with him randomly wanting to go places that no longer exist, him mixed up in his own past about who was alive and who was dead, seeing things that aren't there and just behavior that is so odd he has a hard time believing it happened when he reverts back to 'normal.' Saturday he thought a place we've been living in for years was new and had no real idea of who I was for most of the day. He greeted my parents as though he'd never met them before even said "this is my first time here."

Oh and started Yakuza 4.... much better gameplay so far. They really, really, need to remake 3 - terrible compared to the other games.

Oh no! I love Guardians of the Galaxy but I do remember that fight being a pain, especially the group bit. In fact, I think it might've been the hardest part of the game because it kinda overwhelms you with new information all at once. I do think Gaurdians is worth going back to sometime if you have the patience. It's not difficult all the way through like a souls game but it does have a few bits that can be a pain and that first big battle is one that I remember being tough at first.

I felt the same way at first but then it grew on me. I don't think it's trying to be pretentious as much as it is trying to convey what's going through the main character's mind. My other half has liver failure and kidney cancer (along with other ailments) and I can tell you that the game is pretty accurate when it comes to portraying hepatic encephalopathy, especially when it effects someone who is on the higher ends of intelligence. The amnesia and delusions are all a part of it. Not knowing what's real is too. And having seen it firsthand multiple times, you watch an otherwise perfectly brilliant and reasonable person go through all sorts of wild stages and often they have no memory of it ever happening.

I've watched him function much like the main character. He's at the end stage of things and it gets far worse than the stages the game portrays. But one day sane and the next day crazy is normal for liver patients. Most of this weekend I've had to deal with him randomly wanting to go places that no longer exist, him mixed up in his own past about who was alive and who was dead, seeing things that aren't there and just behavior that is so odd he has a hard time believing it happened when he reverts back to 'normal.' Saturday he thought a place we've been living in for years was new and had no real idea of who I was for most of the day. He greeted my parents as though he'd never met them before even said "this is my first time here."

Hey my thoughts go with you. Having a loved one go through things is hard.

Back