What games are you playing currently?

Grow: Song of the evertree

Fun for the first hour but that bloody book and copperpot.... and the constant "aaaah Ooooooooohh" I want to go back to my home and stab them with a sickle....... Now that I started I must finish this but turned the sound down

Starting Baldur's Gate 3.

The gaming PC I bought during COVID only has 250 GB so I might have to use the laptop I bought for professional purposes.

Mass Effect 3.... Ooh time to go back into a classic.. Lots of fun

Just finished a full trilogy playthrough. Great game, but during the ending I closed my eyes and imagined there was an option to destroy the reapers without killing EDI and the Geth. That's my headcanon at least, it's the ending that would be available if the developers didn't smoke too much that morning.

Just finished a full trilogy playthrough. Great game, but during the ending I closed my eyes and imagined there was an option to destroy the reapers without killing EDI and the Geth. That's my headcanon at least, it's the ending that would be available if the developers didn't smoke too much that morning.

The Destroy ending isn't permadeath, all that can be rebuilt including EDI

The Destroy ending isn't permadeath, all that can be rebuilt including EDI

It was just so incredibly contrived though that the only options were genocide, slavery and mass mutiliation. I brokered peace between the Quarians and Geth and they still insisted it was impossible for synths and organics to get along. It just made no sense given everything else that happened in the series.

It was just so incredibly contrived though that the only options were genocide, slavery and mass mutiliation. I brokered peace between the Quarians and Geth and they still insisted it was impossible for synths and organics to get along. It just made no sense given everything else that happened in the series.

I'm perhaps one of the few people that didn't mind the 3 endings as a whole. I mean the ME writers were not the best to start with and Mac Walters just screwed around with the lore a bit and made Cerberus way OP in the third game out of thin air.

I don't know if you have read any of it but the original idea for the trilogy was the effect of dark energy on the galaxy and that biotics and Eezo drive systems were causing that to be a threat to the whole galaxy if overused, and that originally the reapers would have been good guys trying to fix this dark energy situation. But we got them as a hokey bad guy instead because one of the writers wanted that as a story instead.

As for the three endigs I either choose Control or Synthesis.. That's my go to choices. There is a fourth option where you just shoot the star brat and the cycle continues. It ends with a beacon planted by Liara.

Right up until the final sequence they produced some of the best writing in video game history.

Yes well can't disagree with that. Up to the ending it was stellar but something just changed, I blame EA for a lot of the changes in things with them pushing to get the game out of the door and usual time constraints and oversight.

@JirinPanthosa here's an article from May this year about the ME 3 endings with a video

https://www.fanbyte.com/games/news/...evs-talk-about-what-it-took-to-fix-its-ending

Last edited:
Just finished RDR2 again and wasn't ready to move on so I started another playthrough thinking this time I will actually be bad in the beginning (I never manage to be evil but I am trying to do an early evil playthrough) and as soon as I load in to play I get a message from Rockstar that the original Red Dead hits on the 17th. I never got a chance to play the original and didn't get a PS5 until this year (only to find that the game had been pulled before I got mine) so I'm super excited. That said, all the releases I've been waiting for are finally hitting at once. It's great they're finally here but it sucks with the price hikes.

If they want us to pay these new prices, they need to do a better job of spreading out releases.

Whole lot of GnuBG. Both on my Linux box and on my Chromebook (it's the only free backgammon game that will run on a Chromebook [if it has an active Linux subsystem], that doesn't try to sell you something).

Baldur's Gate 3 - i can't remember when i played a proper RPG ( Diablo and Elden Ring don't count for me, they are action games with stats) though being a non D&D player i'm kinda a bit overwhelmed by the rule mechanics of it all ( especially for my Sorcerer, magic is quite complicated in this game it seems).

So far i really like it, it looks nice and you really get the feel you're playing D&D with the dice rolls, both open and secret, what the DM would do for you in the pen&paper game and you would always wonder what that was for. Back when i was a player and mostly a GM i would do this randomly for no reason just to fuck with the group, i loved it :lol::lol:

I'm at the end of Mass Effect 3 and whoah...... That was epic

But my game I think screwed up. Wasn't supposed to make a save file so you can repeat the ending choices?
It dropped me right back before the mission on Cerberus main base

Started playing Disney's Dreamlight Valley a couple of nights ago, and my first impressions is that it's very grindy, and micro-transactions don't help with that impression. The world seems OK, I guess? Seems rather empty. But most of the quests involve tasks that are themselves full of grind. I've played My Time at Portia earlier this year, and at least in that game, the grind was hidden better within the story, and was more compelling, and it kept making you want to get better and upgrade things. In Dreamlight Valley, everything has this hollow feel to it.

Marvel Midnight Suns on the Steam Deck. Usually not much for these kind of games, but really enjoying this one. Got the Digital Deluxe edition on Steam for $32.

Back