What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I do have it on PC. But I play with friends on my PS4.

HugeLobes likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do you interrogate the "worms" in Shadow of Mordor? I did it once, but I went through the instructions so fast I can't remember how I did it, and there's no tutorial for it in the Appendixes.

3. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

https://primagames.com/tips/middle-earth-shadow-mordor-advanced-tips-kill-captains-earn-more-mirian

4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Sauron allowed Al-Pharazon to capture him as a hostage. He then deceived Al-Pharazon into turning him into an advisor. Numenor mostly fell into a worship of Morgoth with human sacrifices. Eventually Al-Pharazon even tried to conquer Aman. Essentially invading God's back yard turned out to be a bad idea. The contininent/really big island of Numenor sank under the sea. Some Numenoreans survived on Middle Earth, setting up new kingdoms, but there were some Sauron followers like the Mouth of Sauron who did as well.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting, thanks.

6. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OK I'm a hour or so into The Outer Worlds, it's fun I guess but I wouldn't exactly rave about it. Lots of pretty graphics and stuff but nothing really to write home about.

The ship Ada has the same personality as Android from Dark Matter, so that's a bonus I guess.

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished Ori and the Blind Forest and started Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
    I ended the first one somewhere between 6-7 hours of total playtime.
    The second one is an five hours in and it feels like I am just getting started.
    The revamped skill system (which borrows from Hollow Knight) is tons better.
    Instead of a linear skill tree I can now pick and choose which additional abilities I want to use.
    Customizable characters are always better.

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the platinum trophy on Assassin's Creed Valhalla after 150+ hours.

I started playing Man Eater, the game of the month on PlayStation Plus. Pretty funny so far as you're a shark terrorizing a beach community while Rick and Morty and Archer's Chris Parnell narrates a Discovery Channel-type documentary on sharks :lol:

I also started Spider-Man: Miles Morales which looks frigging AMAZING (pun intended).

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I had fun playing Maneater. :D

If you're playing Miles Morales on a PS5, make sure you give the Performance RT mode a try. It's basically a 60fps mode with slightly lower resolution, however ray tracing is turned on. And IMO it looks amazing. It's just as smooth as the regular Performance mode plus it has RT which looks great. And you don't really notice the lower res while playing.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

What is Ray Tracing?

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Afaik it’s calculated light rays from point light sources creating dynamic lighting.
    Opposed to a uniform flat lighting in any given volume of space.

12. Turd Ferguson

I'll have to try that out tonight!

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Assassins Creed Unity. Never finished it back in the say and so I went back to it

14. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah those AC games are ridiculously long. I wouldn’t mind if most of it wasn’t just fluff. I learned to just do the main story, which I can’t do since I gave a bug in the Asgard land which won’t let me complete a mission. Hopefully they fix it one day. I’m curious to see what that is about

Turd Ferguson likes this.
  15. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I can't play Maneater because it's an Epic exclusive and I hate Tim Sweeney and his stupid launcher

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

In layman's terms it means that things like reflections and shadows can look much more realistic.
    Here's an example from Miles Morales.

[​IMG]

Timelord Victorious likes this.
  17. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    CK2. Charlemagne era start. I have reestablished a Hellenistic-Pagan empire with Rome as a capital, but it is actually Alan/Damatian in culture and ethnically mostly Croatian. Ending the Papal States early in a truly horrific war and sending the pope packing for Aquitaine has led to some strange effects.

In other news of the world:

The Abbasid Caliphate has collapsed but the kingdom of Leon has emerged as a strange Muslim super power has in Visigothic Spain and West Africa, leaving the Umayyad Caliphate as a small rump state. Leon's npc leader is an over-powered Alexander the Great type, and once he dies, Spain and west Africa will become a power vacuum. Mali is about to become an empire, maybe, and if so might invade north. The Nubians kicked the Muhollabids out, but it may be temporary. Ethiopia is carving out a fat slice of Arabia as sectarian warfare breaks out across the Middle East.

In the far north, the Viking era wasn't a thing. The Picts became druid again, and conquered most of Ireland, Wales and Northumbria before splintering immediately, but held off Norse advances long enough. The viking raids fizzled. Oh well, they still have Iceland. Pagan Saxony (Charlemagne's rule did not end well.. see France on the map) controls much of Sweden, Denmark and Finland, even into Siberia. The Serbian kingdom is.. odd. Not sure what's going on there. I love this game.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK, thanks. When they started announcing info for the PS5 everybody was talking about ray tracing, but I never saw any explanations for what it actually was.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm at 28 hours in, quite the time sink. :shifty:

20. Turd Ferguson

Indeed! But I never grew bored of it. Odyssey started losing me at the 100 hour or so mark because a lot of the side quests and exploration points were just wiping out bandit camps. While you still do that to an extent in Valhalla, I liked the World Mysteries as they were shorter and usually pretty funny and full of some Easter eggs :)