What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Am I allowed to say how disappointed I was with Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise Of The Tomb Raider?

For all the hype these games got they felt very confining and not quite what I was hoping for with the current state of game development technology.

Rise was a slight improvement in one way and that was that you could walk from one area to another without loading screens. That impressed me a little and made the whole experience feel more contiguous and whole. It would have been much better had they laid out that same map and made the whole thing open world so that you could have gone literally anywhere you want and solve the story your way.

Dishonored 1 and 2 are both an enjoyable experience but I HATE, HATE, HATE, the chaos system.

2. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I feel almost the exact opposite way. I've been playing the Tomb Raider games since the original and the current reboot series have breathed new life into the franchise. The previous run of TR games (Anniversary/Legend/Underworld) were great for their time, but having replayed Underworld inbetween 2013 and Rise, they do feel very dated. I would like a little more focus on actually raiding tombs, rather than the approach they took in making them completely optional, but on the whole they're modern, extremely well-made, action platformers.

There are plenty of open world games out there if that's what you enjoy, but Tomb Raider doesn't need to be one.

3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd have to agree. I played a little of the original games, but got more into the Anniversary etc series (though I haven't completed them). I have completed the 2013/Rise games though and throughly enjoyed them.

I'm planning on starting Andromeda again, but in the mean time am continuing with Spec Ops: The Line

ItIsGreen likes this.
  4. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

Spec Ops is another one I've started but not finished.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I'm still playing Far Cry 5 and I started playing God of War yesterday. I'm really enjoying it so far.

I just wanted to add that I'm also a huge fan of the new Tomb Raider games.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

you are not, sorry

ItIsGreen and Gingerbread Demon like this.
  7. Gingerbread Demon

Party pooper. /s

ItIsGreen likes this.
  8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Zelda Phantom Hourglass. For a game played with the stylus, it's not as frustrating as I'd have expected.

Random_Spock likes this.
  9. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I cleared out John and Faith's regions on Far Cry 5 and am going to start Jacob's region tonight. Also, is it just me, or is the Ballad of Clutch Nixon REALLY hard to get out of your head? :lol:

Random_Spock likes this.
  10. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokemon Crystal. Participated in my first Bug contest in years and got second place with a Scyther. :) Also played a bit of Ever Oasis.

11. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

WWE 2k18. Just started getting into WWE and having a ball with it. Such goofy, tongue-in-cheek performance art. Loving it. Picked up this game to see what the state of pro wrestling games are like. It's not bad. The learning curve is about as steep as El Capitan but it's fun.

12. Gingerbread Demon

Finished Dishonored 2 in high chaos got the "Emily the vengeful" ending with Corvo saved.

I think my game bugged out though I found the Duke imposter and set him up to be Duke but somehow Paolo took his place. That should not happen should it?

13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

finally got around to playing The Last of Us Remastered and the Left Behind DLC. Wow.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Aftewr beating Fire Emblem: Path of radiance for Gamecube (an excellent game, although I mdid miss some of the features that were in Awakening), I'm going through a few games. Batman: The brave & The Bold for the Wii is a fun brawler based on the excellent TV show. Its simple, but fun.

For a more serious game, I've started Bioshock (on the Bioshock collection on PS4). Its a bit weird playing it, since I've been generally uninterested in it. Bioshock Infinite is tied with mass Effect 2 as my favorite video game of all time, but the original Bioshock has never really pulled me in. I do intend to beat it though, so it will be interesting to see how it goes, especially since I've known the twist for years.

Random_Spock likes this.
  15. Random_Spock

Pokemon Crystal. Had a heck of a battle against a Pinsir today in the Bug contest. Ended up catching it. Also did a bit of work and played a bit of Ever Oasis.

16. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

My video card's been having issues with 3D, ie card's been crashing when playing any 3d accelerated games and I've ordered a new card, so in the meantime I've been playing some older games. Just recently started Planescape Torment after having bought the enhanced edition on GOG.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finally finished Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Brian Fargo still got it.

18. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished a most remarkable hand of Full Deck Spider Solitaire.:nyah:

Random_Spock likes this.
  19. Random_Spock

Been playing some PS Plus games before they lock up on the 2nd of May. And I just started playing Salt and Sanctuary.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been fighting with my first two Clutch Nixon challenges for a while now, and I still haven't been able to make out all of the lyrics.
    I just started Jacob's region this morning.
    I can't remember if I mentioned it yet, but my mom and I have gone back to LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 now that I finished the main game in Horizon.