What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

The Kett were really useless as the bad guys, basically bio borg

I thought the Remnant were far more interesting, yet hardly explored as were the Jardaan.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

ME:A is the VOY of unfulfilled premise potential

just like VOY, it's okay, and it's a shame because it could have been amazing

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Not playing Sacred anymore. I got Kingdoms of Amalur recently and decided to play that one instead to scratch that RPG itch. And man, it's easy to see that this game was originally designed to be an MMO.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

an Amalur MMO was also in development in parallel to Reckoning in the end, too bad it didn’t all work out

5. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After a years-long hiatus, I'm back to spending far too much time playing Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons (mod). Hardly state of the art, but it's ridiculously fun and engrossing.

6. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got Destiny 2 on PC.

Plays very well and is quite pretty.

But good lord, a more tedious grindfest there never was. The mission design is heinous beyond belief and the enemies are little more than bullet sponges.

I have no idea why people are so entranced by it.

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I hadn't heard of that one. Only that Recknoning was originally conceived as one, but that ambitions had to be scaled back to a single-player game.

8. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Beat Transformers Devastation. It was pretty fun to play, and it got the old Transformers style down very well. I'm glad it was on sale when I got it though, because its really short. Since I'm not into challenge map stuff, I wouldn't say the game is worth more then $20 honestly. But, if you like transformers or the idea of beating up transforming robots with transforming robots, its fun at a $20 and under price (I got it for about $10 during a PSN sale).

I've started Fallout 4, and its fun so far. I'm really early in the game, but I'm liking it. Creating a character was a bit annoying, its actually much more limited the n Fallout 3 and NV it some aspects (like making the character younger or older, I don't think anything younger then "early middle age" is possible, which was annoying).

I'm also still playing Overwatch, Pokemon X, and Injustice 2.

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Been playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on my 360 the last few days. Three achievements unlocked just tonight!

"Barfly" (unlock all taverns), "Cannon Fodder" (recruit 500 crew members), and "King of the Castle" (capture all forts).

10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I started to replay Shadow of the Colossus (PS3 remastering) again last week, but couldn't quite "turn off my brain" enough to focus on making it to the third Colossi, and haven't had a chance to get back into the game yet.

Hopefully life will settle down soon, though, so I can resume Wander's quest.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yesterday I started a second play through of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. On my first play through I made it up to the final boss battle with Mysterio, but I got stuck and never finished it. I'm hoping to actually finish it this time. Once that's done I was probably going to stick to Spider-Man, and give Ultimate Spider-Man for the PS2 a go since I also never finished it. Now I just need to figure out where I put my PS2, which I haven't touched in years.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Have a few plays going on right now.

Persona 4: This is my only current replay, started it right after I finished Persona 5. Playing it is...shining a light on just how much better 5 is, making me wondering why I got so into 3 and 4.

Super Mario Odyssey: This is fun but moderately fun. Nothing as good as previous Marios, just good.

Planescape: Torment: I've wanted to play this for a while but just now found out it was available on Mac platforms. It's pretty good so far but haven't gotten far enough to really get into it, still in the intro parts. I like WRPGs better when they let you pause and full control the party than when you only control the lead.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: I like it but it's kind of like a rehash of the first, and everything in the game is either a rehash of an episode or it's over the top gross, so it's a bit of a let down.

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Euro truck simulator on steam with the oculus rift in VR, basically i am working as a HGV delivery driver for free, why is this so much fun. lol

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Got a Switch a few days ago (my brother got it because it finally had enough good stuff to justify it). Got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I've been playing a good amount of MK8D and M+R (I'm saving Odyssey for when I finish M+R). Its a very nice console. The games I got are fun, and its cool being able to take the console with you or use it with a TV.

I'm also playing Fallout 4 on PS4, and its a mixed bag. I loved FO3 and New Vegas, but FO4 has a HUGE difficulty curve which is annoying (I had to turn it down to easy and I still frequently barely survive encounters). Its missions are also a bit more annoying. Its not bad, but I'm still waiting for it to prove its not just a sub par Fallout game.

I'm also still playing Injustice 2, Overwatch, and Pokemon X (although I've slowed down a lot in X, its honestly a bit boring).

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I beat South Park: The Fractured But Whole (got all the achievements except for The Token Experience [which I plan on getting in a second playthrough] and the beating Morgan Freeman achievement).

Right now, I'm focused on Super Mario Odyssey. I'm still in the sand kingdom, where I've gathered 40 out of 69 moons. I'm tempted to move on to the next world and come back for the remaining 29 moons.

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished the main storyline in Assassin's Creed: Origins yesterday.
    And today I started playing The Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon: Zero Dawn.

17. unimatrix7

Started playing Assassins Creed: Origins.

Utterly dreary. Classic Ubisoft design-by-focus-group. It's better than the last few, but it's so inoffensively bland, unambitious, and repetitive I checked out once I hit level 20. I doubt I'll go back to it.

Although being Senu was nice and relaxing. I might go back to it just for that.

And now I have nothing to play. I want to fire up American Truck Simulator again, so I might do that.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

how do you do that, are you a magician

Bob The Skutter likes this.
  19. Turenne

Turenne Ensign Newbie

Put down Ys8, Everybody's Golf, Yakuza 0 and GT Sport temporarily to play Horizon DLC. Suffice to say its brilliant, I'm 60% through so far.

Get a PS4. its an instant backlog creator.

20. unimatrix7

I do. And a gaming PC.

I have many games, just don't wanna play any of them :D

Turenne likes this.