What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SB118_Laxyn

SB118_Laxyn Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am playing a ton of games, though more regularly right now are Guild Wars 2, STO, Path of Exile, Dragon's Prophet and the Sims

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started playing Bioshock Infinite and it's visually beautiful, the look is amazing, but the game is sterile enough to have a bit of uncanny valley. Everybody has the same face and people just sit idly by as I kill policemen and family members in front of them or rob their cash registers. What works for the dead world of Rapture comes off really strange in the retro-future Colombia. This is how games of old used to be but it feels strange after playing more recent games. I haven't found Elizabeth yet so things might pick up.

3. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

It is a bit strange when you play a game where, when you kill someone in public, nobody even so much as shrieks. :)

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I'm working on the Platinum trophies for both versions (PS3 and Vita) of PS All-Stars Battle Royale.

Plus I started playing the HD version of Jak II.

5. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Super Smash Bros 3DS demo....all day every day lol. Can't wait for the full game to hit in a couple weeks! Anybody else digging it?

6. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't stand the controls in the demo. The full game will allow you to use the dpad for movement, but the demo restricts you to the slide pad. I hate playing 2d games with the slide pad.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It hurts the suspension of disbelief quite a bit, yeah, but as older gamers we're able to just mentally shrug and ignore it alltogether ;)

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Been checking out NBA 2k14 on XBONE for a bit last night after an impulse-buy of a used copy at the video rental place.

The graphics and overall presentation are pretty killer.

9. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Lol...yeah... A lot of times, when playing a game, I'm largely just intent on taking down the bad guys, and not so much worried about "crowd response".

It is cool in a game like "Infamous" where your actions can influence crowd response to "you're the best, man!", or "you're a monster, you bastard!". :)

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, about three weeks from now is when "Arkham Knight" was supposed to come out. It has been pushed back to next summer, but I have still been in the mood for more Batman!

So, instead of playing the new Batman game, I have decided to go back and replay all the other games! I just started "Arkham Asylum," and it's been so long since I played it the first time that I barely remember the story. Biggest complaint so far: I DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY GADGETS!!! I forgot that you have to earn them along the way.

11. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still rather behind the times, playing Gears of War. I wish it explained the weapons a bit more - I'm having trouble telling what I'm picking up and I want to slot something else where the pistol is (like a shotgun, maybe) and I don't think it'll let me. I'm mostly getting the hang of it, though. It always takes me a while.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it a lot. I tried playing Fable 3, which I got for free, but after years of cutscenes and ridiculous easy combat (seriously, they don't let you aim? Or DIE?! And there's no ammo/stamina limitation? What's the bloody point?!) I gave up on that. Gears is significantly more fun.

Having finished Half Life 2 (that's what I meant earlier when I said I was playing Episode 1...oops) can anyone explain why Dr. Breen just left the Organic Gravity Gun lying on the floor? After I took out his ENTIRE ARMY with it? It was like he wanted to be defeated! At any rate, great game.

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kingdom Hearts, which is awesome so far. :adore:

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I like it so far. Probably will be going with the Wii U version though. Once the price comes down.

Been playing some Mario Kart 8 today. Love racing in it with the Wii U pro controller. It handles really well. Also played some Tomodachi Life earlier.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Played a bit of last year's Star Trek: The Video Game couch co-op on 360 last night with the fiancé, entertaining game if a bit janky control-wise. Also, slightly buggy at times.

The fact that one player death means instantly having to go back to the latest checkpoint is also kinda annoying, Halo did it the correct way, just copy that.

15. Mr. Adventure

Finished Bioshock Infinite. I failed the climatic battle a few times and quite miserably and then as these things go gave it another shot and didn't even realize I had passed it for a minute as I was running around gathering ammo and health. Didn't have my beloved hand cannon that I got through 90% of the game with and didn't find the damn sniper rifles until it was all over. :brickwall:

Pretty wild story, reminded me of the later Dark Tower books with the tears and music and all (trying not to spoil either). Worth playing for the story and visuals and atmosphere for sure. Nowadays I really like that from games, kind of like interactive movies, I really appreciate being sucked into another world as much as the gameplay.

I still think the game mechanics were a bit at odds with the story though. I was chastised for being a killer for killing some bad guys but no one was phased (though I felt guilty...) when I misclicked and roasted innocent mothers in front of their children while they were watching a play. The vigors, while cool, seem really out of place in this world of racial purity and Americana. And it's hard to take things seriously when you find ammo and money in trash cans. I found a sandwich searching a box of chocolates! The combat seemed to really want some form of cover mechanic that it was lacking.

I may have to go back and try Bioshock 2 again sometime which didn't grab me the first time around but I had just finished the first so I may have been burned out/had too high expectations.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The Minerva's Den DLC is really, really good.

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked up the new Wii U Bundle with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land earlier tonight. I would be playing instead of posting here, but it's installing updates.

18. Mr. Adventure

It's a sad day when even Nintendo has long updates.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, just finished Arkham Asylum for the third time (though the first time playing it since 2010). It's funny how much easier these games get once you've played them a couple times.

I will be moving on to Arkham City next, which will also be my third time playing through that game. I NEED MORE BATMAN!

20. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Just finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Enjoyed it quite a bit, was annoyed by the buggy crashing but overall a good game.