What do you dislike about The Dark Knight?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by T'Baio, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed his weakness is that he keeps talking and bringing up the "Ya wanna know how I got these scars?" which Batman took advantage of and used his gauntlet blades to cut his face.

Anyone else notice Joker fell for a long time near the end and when Batman catches him, Joker only looks like he fell for about two seconds?

and the script has Two face as being dead

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

As I said above, it's possible that Bat's cape (which can go rigid on command) was able to act as a sort of "drag chute."

Batman doesn't kill. Unless... he needs to save a child from a bulet in his head.... or by not saving someone.

He's a cop. Putting a bullet in the head of someone who isn't an immediate threat isn't part of his job discription.

3. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Or accidently in a high speed chase. Again, I don't see the Joker's garbage truck driver coming out of that wreck alive. No.

4. Ward Fowler

Ward Fowler Commodore Commodore

There aren't any naked boobies.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it could have been shorter. It did feel a tad bit long at times.

6. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Joker's army seemed lifted from the Arkham escapees. These would have a lot of other twisted 'geniuses'--none of them on his level--but each a 'Seven' wannabe, focusing their sometimes overestimated intelligence on nothing but doing things quietly until Joker gave the signal. They would be a considerable asset in pulling off the uber-campaign the Joker set out to do. I did feel at times that he was a Dark Mary Sue, but everything else overrode those few moments for me.

7. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

The guy somehow put enough explosives in a multi ward hospital to completely level it. let alone the ferry's and warehouses. And this hospital was supposed to be under a watchful eye because Dent was in it!

8. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

A garbage truck like any moving vehicle is a couple ton weapon in which the driver used to kill cops with. If he didn't die in the crash he'd be on death row in prison, so what's the difference?

9. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

The difference is that the assertion was made that Batman doesn't kill.

With his constant reckless freewheeling through town blowing shit up, this Batman obviously doesn't care so much about that rule, except with the psychopathic mass-murdering villain is in his sights.

10. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Maggie Gyllenhall!! Bleech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both her acting performance and looks were HORRID!!! I want Katie Holmes back!!! She was a better actress and is WAYYYYY better looking.

11. Trekker4747

A trial, a jury, a judge, facts, his rights. Stuff like that.

12. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most "superheros" say that and comic book fans honestly believe these guys fight villians while tearing up entire city blocks in which no innocent bystander ever gets hurt by falling debris. It's like having cops in a shoot out with robbers and not expecting a random bullet to ricochet and hit somebody innocent by mistake. That's real life and it happens. How many people do you think Storm killed in X2 creating those hurricane funnels to escape the fighter jets?

Batman doesn't kill purposely. We have to accept in real world believability that random people on the sidelines or henchmen do get hurt or killed.

13. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the hospital is definitely a problem. I have less difficulty with the warehouses and ferries though. Honestly I thought it was a script misstep to have the hospital completely evacuated when it blew.

14. Trekker4747

It's interesting no one saw the hideous nurse with hairy legs and argyle socks walking around and going into a DA's room.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

The blue sonar vision was the thing I disliked in the film. I found it to be absolutely ridiculous.

Other than that, it was pretty sweet.

16. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure batman kills people.

[​IMG]

17. Trekker4747

Robin: "Batman, don't we have a rule about killing people?"
    Batman: "What's that?! I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my high-powered machine gun and the yells and cries of hundreds of dying enemy soldiers!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
  18. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Ugh. :(

I'm sorry, Trekker, but I just can't let that one slide, no more than I could any other racial slur of the sort. I have to give you an infraction for that.

19. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure he was just satirizing the sentiments, language and absurdity of the time. I don't really think that's necessary.

20. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree.