What did you do the day "Discovery" Premiered?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Lord Garth, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot about it and watched an episode of Star Trek Voyager instead.

I remembered about it a few days later.

Mad Jack Wolfe and Refuge like this.
  2. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    It was my weekend to work (3-11), so when I got home about midnight I went to my favorite internet streaming site and watched it there.
    :techman:

3. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing special, I just watched it.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The usual

;)

gblews and Lord Garth like this.
  5. skip bittman

skip bittman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Continued obsessing over the ending of "Twin Peaks: The Return," mainly.

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Writing down my list of complaints about the episode's even though I knew I would have to re-write them a little to add more specific details once I saw them!

Jason

Ralphis and F. King Daniel like this.
  7. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

That's got to be a few pages. :)

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Stare off into space and drink.

Oh, wait, wrong day.

I stared off into space, drank and streamed the premiere episode of DSC.

BillJ, Pondwater and Vger23 like this.
  9. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dropped the kids at school, dropped the wife at work, went to work, picking up a sausage and bacon bun on the way. Filled my day with tuts and sighs and staring at the middle distance. Picked up the wife, picked up the kids, went to the super market for dinner. Cooked, smoked cod with boiled vegetables. Did reading practice with the kids. Put the kids to bed, read two chapters of Tales from the Far Away Tree, followed by the mandatory two hours of go back to bed rigmarole. Once it went quiet, I opened the 2016 Australian Shiraz and the deli meat selection while the lass booted up Netflix.

I don’t remember the specifics though.

Jayson1 and Vger23 like this.
  10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Signed up for CBS All Access.

Yeah, I kinda called it down to the wire. :)

seigezunt and cooleddie74 like this.
  11. Jayson1

How has nobody mentioned the one thing we all have in common on that day? We all came to the Trekbbs to talk about it!

Jason

Greg Cox likes this.
  12. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I didn't. I was barely posting here from the time I stepped down as a mod in 2008 until the very end of 2017. So, almost 10 years.

I thought about posting here but I didn't want to do it. I thought it would be like the ENT Forum in its heyday. Meaning totally insane. It took me a few months before I decided to just go for it and give posting in this forum (on a regular basis) a chance. I'm glad I did.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Vger23 likes this.
  13. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Played with the wire coat hanger antenna on top of my 1980's TV in a attempt to pick the show up, but it didn't work.

Lord Garth likes this.
  14. Jayson1

Your suppose to hit it as well and cuss at it. That's how those old tv's work.

Jason

Vger23 likes this.
  15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You should try increasing the verteron pulse through the main array's EPS conduits.

BillJ, Ovation and Lord Garth like this.
  16. Jayson1

But that would cause a massive feedback loop in the EPS power convertors making the tv set's energy reactor become unstable with Barron particles! Are you trying to get her tv set to implode and release verteron rays into her living quarters? It's like filling a ballon with water and poking it with a needle.

Jason

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I just hit my TV to try to pick up a digital channel. Now I'm stuck in 1700's Britain and I think I just became the new King.

I'm granting independence to the American Colonies now. We're assholes. I wouldn't want to rule over us.

Jayson1 likes this.
  18. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hosted a viewing party, where I put TNG-style door labels up, put out a make-your-own hesperat bar, some cheeses and crackers, served multi-colored marshmellons and watched both episodes. We made some plomeek soup, which we based on lentil soup, but didn't end up serving it.

I happened to invite someone who invited me to his birthday party the same day. He had a Trek-themed birthday since it coincided with the premiere. Some of his friends children came over, so we set up an interactive video call so the kids could "hail" me and help solve a problem with my "ship." It was around that time that people actually started to come, so I made sure to ask one of the guests to sit in view of the camera so she could appear as "crew." She was game.

The original intention for the party was to combine it with one for my girlfriend where we would hang outside since we'd been working on our little city front yard all summer, but people mostly came for Trek at night, so it was mostly inside. The rocks outside were arranged in an IDIC symbol. She was much more hesitant about that than the door labels. We've kept the door labels and the rock arrangement up ever since.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what I meant when I said "shot the shit online" in my earlier post.

20. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I PVR’d it because I had a dinner engagement and got home early enough to set the show after part 2 to record as well—thanks to the bloody football delay—and then I watched it.