What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bits and pieces of the Inauguration of Joe Biden, and for the first time in 4 years, I am not embarrassed to be an American.

2. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I am watching The Stand right now. As a kid , i watched the 1990s version and now i am watching the current 2020s version.

When i first started watching, i thought that one of the actress in the current version looked so much like Amber Heard. Only recently did i realize it was Amber Heard. :lol:

3. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Checking out the Riverdale season opener, but Death in Paradise later.

4. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Checking out the new Walker over on the CW. Not impressed, pretty bad actually. Dialog is clunky and story has the same boring tropes that have been done to death on the CW for years. Snooze... even the action scenes were predictable

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Some QI on youtube.

dupersuper likes this.
  6. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clear Skies, to be followed by Real Time with Bill Maher.

7. Jim Klag

Jim Klag Vice Admiral Premium Member

Rewatching all of Band Of Brothers

Q2UnME likes this.
  8. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Contact, streamed on Amazon Prime Video.

This movie holds up really well, with great performances by Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey, and James Woods. It is also a wonderful late-90s time capsule, from the repurposed news footage of President Clinton, to the cast of 90s CNN anchors and reporters (and Larry King, RIP), and appearances by the Arecibo radio telescope (also RIP) and a slew of PCs running Windows 95.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

"The Little Things," on HBOMax. Interesting film....not the usual police procedural or "get the bad guy" film. It's a character study, pure and simple. Pretty good but not great. B+

10. John Clark

Last night, Wandavision and a couple of episodes of Dead Like Me.

Today, I've recorded Resident Alien so I'm going to take a look at that.

11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Confirmed that having HBO subscription does automatically get you HBO Max. Need to check what's on it that's not just an HBO original show I might want to watch.

I know West Wing and South Park are there but I don't know what else that didn't originally air on HBO.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  12. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Captain Captain

Recently finished 9-1-1, Seasons 1-3 (Season 4 hasn't arrived in my country). It's certainly the most improved show I've ever seen, going from one of the worst ever beginnings to being an absolute favourite. Indeed, even my least favourite character became, probably, my second favourite!

Since I finished 9-1-1, I've been catching up on Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous (nearly finished Season 1), and of course, Star Trek: Lower Decks has just landed in my country. Not as bad or disgusting as I feared, but I certainly find myself coming back to Camp Cretaceous more eagerly. I'm probably in the market for Prodigy.

I'm also keeping up with the new season of Aircrash Investigation: Special Report compilations on National Geographic. Good refresher on already covered incidents, but I hope it is closely followed by the new season of full-episode investigations (depending on where you are, the Canadian made series may be called Aircrash Investigation or Mayday: Air Disaster, sometimes other titles).

13. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

The High Note via HBO Max.

14. John Clark

Argo for the moment.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just finished a rewatch of Warehouse 13 (I got the complete series DVD set with X-Mas money). Its still a very fun show, with a great cast. The short Season 5 really didn't need to exist (just stick the first two episodes of it to the end of Season 4), but overall I enjoyed the show just as much now as I did the last time I watched it.

16. John Clark

Doing a rewatch of Edge of Tomorrow.

17. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This weekend: Real Time, Wandavision, Batwoman, AP Bio, Blood of the Void and Would I Lie to You.

18. John Clark

The Expanse.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Tonight: Resident Alien, Ep 2.

auntiehill likes this.
  20. LadyMondegreen

LadyMondegreen Lieutenant Red Shirt

Fosse/Verdon. I'm pretty fond of classic Broadway, so my favorite parts are actually getting to see recreations of the choreography and productions of the shows.